AVIC411.com

DUMPYSTIG's mods... FTP

Hey folks, I see some of you have loaded my Data mods, and I also see there are a few probs.

The 'Enable Speedcam' button should still be there, I've done nothing to that part of the content, it's only the warning layout/position/.bmp that I've altered - works fine on my unit.

There is no reason why BT should be a prob, this was also untouched in my mods - again, it still works fine on my unit.

All of my mods are basically superficial, altering .bmp images, positions of buttons/icons, changing font/size/text. I haven't delved into anything serious, I'm not that good anyway!

Anyone who has loaded this and has not had any probs?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK everything is fixed, I just deleted the zip out and copied it back in and now my phone works and the voice commands work fine. I must have done something wrong, stupid me.

so does this zip have the speed cam mod ?

I believe so, but you might need to copy the speedcam txt files yourself (get from BorisM's thread) into the APL2/IG0/CONTENT/SPEEDCAM directory.

Humptystyg can confirm, though he told me that copy the items of the zip into the IG0 folder will do it all, but he has no txt files for cameras and I do not see the enable_speedcam = 1 setting in the debug section of the SYS.TXT file.

Ceger

Will I still don't see an option to turn on the speed cam under the warnings icon in settings, I did move them files into the content/speedcam directory but still no option in my settings to turn it on.

Try adding speedcam_enabled=1 under the [debug] section of the SYS.TXT file.

Ceger

Hennessy, where are you located?

I'm in uk so I'm using the Poicon Speedcam prog for Europe, I'm guessing you are not in EU so there may be some difference if you are using Boris' Speedcam mod (for US). Maybe Boris has ideas on this?

I think the only difference in speedcams between US and EU is that you should have it activated by default, and we don't...

Also, no DATA.ZIP hack can have any effect on BT -- they are handled by entirely different software...

One thing I'm not happy with and still trying to sort, is the Speedcam icon in the warning box when in Night mode; it's a crappy red coloured thing and doesn't look at all right, so I'm gona try and change it to the same one as shown in Day mode.

And thanks to Ceger and basstoy for your recent help with this topic :D

One thing I'm not happy with and still trying to sort, is the Speedcam icon in the warning box when in Night mode; it's a crappy red coloured thing and doesn't look at all right, so I'm gona try and change it to the same one as shown in Day mode.

To:-

Parekh1926,

paq,

robertkirkland

Thanks for your PM's, I'm having probs as I cant send replies for some reason?????

paq, I will post some screenshots shortly.

robert, I think the limit is 2MB but as I can't reply maybe it would be easier if you PM your email addy.

Mark :)

Thank you Boris for all your hard work, I just tested out the speed cam in Knoxville TN and it works Perfect. Now maybe i'll pay attention and not get anymore tickets. :lol:

You're welcome.

I would not necessarily assume that it a) lists _all_ the cameras and B) camera speed limits are accurate.

Still, better than nothing.