AVIC411.com

F-Series 3.0 update coming? Wondering what's in it...

I contacted Pioneer recently on two occasions. Once for the daylight savings issue, which fixed itself hopefully they fix it by fall, anyway the second was about a map update to which they replied;

customer.support@pioneerservice.com to *********@gmail.com

Mr Rasmussen

Navi-upgrades generally comes out Spring of each year. So please continue to monitor our web site for this years upgrade.

Thank You,

Nicole

Customer Service Representative

I don't know if that helps...

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, since when did we have to pay for an update? Maybe I skipped something here, but who said you might have to pay for it?

If anything, those who are able should track down the right department/people and send them letters of all the unhappy people who bought these systems. I'm fairly happy with mine, certain things could be better (USB/SD card movie playing for instance), but from what I've read there are a lot of issues.

There is no way in hell I will pay for an update on a unit that does not deliver what it said it should on the box and their website. Who do we have to go after to get the ball rolling faster or to be paid attention to?

I totally agree with you on this I am not going to pay nor anyone else should for an update that should have been released with these units. Pioneer should have had all these issues taken care of in QC before it left the manufacture. Version 2.0 update was a band-aid on a bullet wound. Don't get me wrong, the concept of these unit is awesome but fall way short of what was advertised and Pioneer knows this and that is why they came came out with Version 2.0 in hopes of fixing the issues of units. If they were to even attempt to charge for the update they know that's just a lawsuit waiting to happen... can anyone say "class action"?

customer.support@pioneerservice.com to *********@gmail.com

Mr Rasmussen

Navi-upgrades generally comes out Spring of each year. So please continue to monitor our web site for this years upgrade.

Thank You,

Nicole

Customer Service Representative

I just got off the phone with Pioneer BeNeLux. They told me there will be a paid map update in July. This in response to a complaint I send about getting maps from 2007 on my F900BT from 2009.

Screw paying for it. I feel really bad for those who paid retail for this and then found out all the problems. But as I've said before...we should all pitch in a couple $$ to buy it and share it with eachother. What format would it be in? Dvd?sd card?

They aren't in the business of losing money. I'd imagine they would use something simliar to the MSNDirect activation code but obviously I don't know. There was certainly sharing of D-series updates, but who knows.

I'd also like to sit back and make sure all the mods still work before updating to new maps when my old one work pretty well.

The 3.0 update is both a software and a map update. The reason it will be a paid upgrade is due to the map licensing fees. However, it may be split into two options, software (free) and if you want to pay, then maps as well.

That is what Pioneer told my dealer. According to my dealer per Pioneer: There will be a free 3.0 update and a separate paid map upgrade. So can we please stop speculating and spreading paranoia and just wait and see.

The 3.0 update is both a software and a map update. The reason it will be a paid upgrade is due to the map licensing fees. However, it may be split into two options, software (free) and if you want to pay, then maps as well.

JasonH:

In the next update, will the F700 be able to control preset radio stations from the steering wheel instead of doing annoying scans? This is very dangerous as well if I wanted to go from 88.5 to 93.9, I should be able to press one button on my wheel as opposed to scanning station by station from my wheel to get it.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... t+steering

I wish we could enable A2DP streaming over bluetooth. My last pioneer (single din, non-touchscreen) had that great feature.

Surely someone can create a key generator for the new maps. I'll gladly donate some $ to that cause. Anyway if not...then we can use leetlauncher's program to run other software like TomTom with newest maps. I have found the newest versions (v7 and v8) of TomTom maps at ppcwarez.com.

I just got off the phone with Pioneer BeNeLux. They told me there will be a paid map update in July. This in response to a complaint I send about getting maps from 2007 on my F900BT from 2009.

you should know that all map data is about 18 months old on any unit you get, factory or aftermarket. believe it or not, it takes time to gather information about new roads, road constuction and rerouting, point of interests etc... then disemminate the data then check the data then distribute the data then put the data into an application. it is unreasonable to think that you will get 2009 map data on a unit that was purchase in 2009 and given that the F series were manufactured in 2008, it makes it even more impossible.

I wish we could enable A2DP streaming over bluetooth. My last pioneer (single din, non-touchscreen) had that great feature.

Surely someone can create a key generator for the new maps. I'll gladly donate some $ to that cause. Anyway if not...then we can use leetlauncher's program to run other software like TomTom with newest maps. I have found the newest versions (v7 and v8) of TomTom maps at ppcwarez.com.

I REALLY wish it had this as well. Then I could stream internet radio from my phone directly to it without the wire.