AVIC411.com

i've had the navtraffic for my z2 with z3hdd since aug of last year and it has always said updating but i've gotten the dots like people have said... these past few days it went to trfc and i've never seen it before but i still get the dots... so im just curious as to wat it should say since i've always seen updating and this is the first time i've seen trfc.. should it say trfc or updating??

The dots you are seeing is a breadcrumb feature that is part of the headunit. You should call SiriusXM to find out why your Navtraffic isn't working. I'm sure they have some way of checking your connection strength to their satellite.

I'm honestly surprised you've waited this long to find out why it still says updating. If I'm paying for a service I would wait about an hour before I started calling tech support, not 7 months.

i havent had a problem when it said updating... but now that it says trfc it seems like it isnt updating information... like 2 nights ago i was on the freeway and an off ramp was closed for construction and it didnt tell me... i think imma try to refresh my signal but does anyone know if its supposed to say updating or trfc??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Mine still says updating, but it is working fine.

I live in Phoenix, the traffic service is definately active here. Some smaller cities have poor coverage for the system. I do have in issue with the speed of the service. Many times I'm 5 minutes into a traffic jam and it still shows all green, or I'm approaching a red area and the traffic is flowing freely. I think this service would work much better in San Diego or LA, where the traffic speeds are available for every mile or so electronically.