AVIC411.com

NEW UNIT SEALED VS UNSEALED

pioneer wont give you support anyways, since you bought it off ebay. I called up pioneer about my sat tuner not working, before they'd help me they asked who I bought it from. And when I told them they said "ok" and helped me out. Then I asked him why he asked and he said they wont help anyone if they didn't buy it from a pioneer authorized dealer.

Give a link to your auction, because you may have gotten a factory refurbished unit. It is very hard to find a D2 brand new now-a-days. If you got a factory reburbished unit, then the seller was correct at saying sealed by the manufacturer. I got a refurb myself and it came packaged the same way you described, but the boxes were pioneer lable boxes and the unit was securely bubble wrapped and well protected. Reread the auction page and make sure you got what you paid for!

For example, on this D2 auction from the seller you bought yours from, at the top, it is list as New, but if you READ the entire page, it clearly states, and I quote: "* Refurbished and SEALED by the manufacturer. This unit is a manufacturer Class "A", Quality Refurbished and SEALED by the manufacturer, Unit appears NEW in new brown box, and is guaranteed to work perfectly. This Unit Comes with ALL accessories supplied by the manufacturer..."

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-6-5-MONITOR ... dZViewItem