AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

To anyone in here that has the Aussie V3 with the new maps installed, can you please check something for me?

Last night as i was driving, i needed to find the closest McDonalds and i noticed that unlike V2 how there was a POI category called "Restaurants", in V3 its just not there anymore :evil::?

Can anyone just check and tell me if its just my system that somehow just doesnt have it, or V3 doesnt have it? Because its theres no way to find any sort of restaurants or eating areas anymore....i looked through every single POI category and its not there, even Public Toilets are listed but not restaurants what the hell???!!!

Thanks

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, I just checked - sadly, mine is the same! The closest thing I could find to "restaurants" or "food" is "Cafe", which covers a lot of cafes like Gloria Jeans and coffee type palces, but doesn't seem to cover the basic eating places like MacDonalds...

This is a bit of a problem really, one of the most basic searches!

Not sure how to fix this. :?

Oh Wow how could Pioneer miss out on something like that?! I thought it might have been in "Cafe" aswell or even "leisure" or "night life" but nothing at all.

I can honestly say i would use the "restaurants" category more than anything else when i need to use the POI feature...and now its not even there :?

Do you think those POI's could still be there, but they just arent in a category? or pioneer just forgot to make one for them?

The wierd thing is, i had "Restaurants" available when i put on the 15dot1 maps on V2 :?

If i was to just change the maps and put on the 15dot1, would V3 still work properly? And if so, would i lose the SUNA updates?? Argh ive never had EVERYTHING go right with this unit at once, something has always been missing, and just when i thought V3 was completely flawless, this happens

Try seaching for business by name ie "MacD" should return Macca's if it's in there. That's how I found it on V2 because it takes ages trying to find it under headings.

Also you could just try copying the POIs from the V2 maps into the V3 POI folder (they are the Places Of Interest POI's that tell the Avic where Macca's is). Just add them, don't delete the V3 ones to start with, make sure you back up if you do have to delete the V3 ones.

The POI's are in My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\CONTENT\POI

In V2 all I have is a file called "Australia_productB.poi" @ 14304KB maybe you can have a look in V3 in the same folder (it's the folder that contain's your maps, buildings, speedcams etc) and let us know the file name and size. If it has a different file name just paste V2 in and see what happens. The worst things that can happen I can think would be to get a double up of some items.

Okay i found them both....the POI file in V3 is just called "Australia.poi" and its 18,429kb.

So yeah ill make a backup of this file of course, and so what your suggesting is, to just add the V2 POI file in the unit? Do you think they would work together? Because frankly i was just thinking i could delete the V3 one (after backing up) and replacing it with the V2 file because they practically have all the same POI's, except that one has "Restaurants" in it.

You could try renaming the V3 to .bak than put the V2 on, reboot see if Macca's turns up. Then maybe put the V3 back with the V2 and see what happens. They should be okay in the same folder because the file names are different and should both load. Have a play around.

Did you try searching by name?

Mute and Delete route buttons on Map screen.

http://rapidshare.com/files/292334921/DATA.ZIP.html

There's the link, and there's no password, just download :)

Thanks to rodman1919 for his data.zip which he coded in the mute and delet route buttons on the latest v3 updated Australian version of F900BT...

I loaded it using testmode 2.3 (as suggested by lacehim), all works fine and makes the unit much more usable.

Thanks!

No worries techgeek88, glad it worked!

OK so i just got back from the car, and i copied the V2 POI file over (without deleting the V3 file) and nothing happened, so there were no changes in the POI's list...

then i deleted the V3 file and left the V2 there, and there weren't any POI's even available to choose from, i.e. the list of categories wouldn't even come up and no POI's would be found.

so i thought i could perhaps rename the V2 file into exactly the filename the V3 had, and i did that, still didn't work, and so yeah i just put everything back to the way it was, and the POI's are back.

i tried searching for McDonalds, but last time i searched "MacD" as was suggested (not pointing the finger or anything) and thats why nothing came up, but this time i searched "McD" and lots of McDonalds Restaurants came up, and e.g. i typed in "Hungry" and the closest Hungry Jacks came up...

but the thing is, when they show up on the list, they have the community icon next to them, so i dont know why they are in the Communit POI category and what sub-category they are in.

i even tried to go to the "Destination" menu and add the POI's from USB/SD and i had the V2 POI on my SD card of course, and nothing showed up.

i don't know for a fact whether V3 uses iGo8 or iGo8.3 but do you think that perhaps the reason why they don't read each other is because V2 and V3 used different iGo versions or something? how can i find out the iGo version so i can let you know?

its such a pain having to TYPE the restaurant rather than just having a category for it....so if anyone knows a way around it, please help out.

Thanks

I know a few folk on here have made custom POI's and have their down symbols. ie you might beable to have the big M for Macca's. At least we know they are in there. The new V3 seems to have more in it anyway. Sorry for the MacD's thing, I remembered that I did that when searching mine! :)

Have a search on here for POIs and let me know what you find. You should beable to edit them and add more according to the manual.

Michael

How can i find out whether im using iGo8 or 8.3?

Gosh its alot of work getting those POI's to work for us....well based on what ive read so far

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18428

thats for the US, and this guy asked if they would work for EU and he said they wouldn't, so im guessing it wouldn't work for us either, which is a real shame because the author of that thread made one .zip file with all the POI branding icons, so it would've been so convenient for us to just add.

I'll keep looking but perhaps tonight or something.....really need a break from the computer :roll: