AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

hello again, well there seems to be some progress...but still no cigar. it now hangs on top menu screen with "system startup in progress. Please wait." (it does come up with a message that mobile phone is connected, then continues with message as above). I gave it a good 10 minutes, but nada. I have also discovered that during all this copying to and fro, I have erased my original backup...I know, I'm an idiot. does anyone have a backup of f500bt for australia? What are my options? help......please

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i just discovered that the bluetooth still works and i can bring up all the phone menu as well as the av source menu just not the maps as it still has that system startup in progress message displayed. when i select the settings tab just below this messagei get the settings menu and i have access to both system settings and av settings but not navi. does any of this help to figure out what i did wrong? but more importantly, what can be done now????help...

Sounds like you have the incorrect device type in sys.ini

For The 900 it is

[device]

type="PIONEER746EW"

You can manually restore using the V3 SD cards

Copy the APL and APL2 directories from SD2 onto you AVIC

Use a generic SYS.TXT and make sure the device type is correct.

When you say NAVI is not working

If you switch to Map right after the Mainmenu or Audio starts. You will see Igo loading data.

What item does it stop on?

Another way to do this is load a backup of what you have now into the emulator and load ezrider

34by151

Any idea what the device type should be for the f500bt?

when i go into the service information details the map version is 02.000400 and version: 2.001000

any idea why? shouldnt it be version 3?

incedently in av system settings in the top left corner it has a picture of cd thr letters ROM and below it 24:4:: does this mean anything?

Sounds like you have the incorrect device type in sys.ini

For The 900 it is

[device]

type="PIONEER746EW"

You can manually restore using the V3 SD cards

Copy the APL and APL2 directories from SD2 onto you AVIC

Use a generic SYS.TXT and make sure the device type is correct.

If you switch to Map right after the Mainmenu or Audio starts. You will see Igo loading data.

Another way to do this is load a backup of what you have now into the emulator and load ezrider

cant switch to maps, it selects and flicks but doesnt switch to it just like navi settings.

ps it now wont go into testmode!!! im pullig my hair out now...

Another way to do this is load a backup of what you have now into the emulator and load ezriderbeluga

Private message

You should have Map Version 2.xxx with Version 3.xxx below that

If you have version 2.xxx you have the version 2 firmware

Had you updated to Version 3 before trying to add the maps?

Try the V2.1 and 2.0 testmodes to boot into the system

As long as you still have the wince bin files it will load into testmode, you just need the testmode that matches your wince

Once you get in

Make a backup

Load the backup into the emulator

Run Ezrider ands see where it goes wrong

You can also try reloading the V3 update. The V3 update will reformat the disk and load everything from from scratch.

Cheers

34by151

ok, i'm reloading v3. any idea what the device should = for f500bt?

I didnt upload v3 seperately to the maps. I thought it was all in one update posted in this thread??? is that not right?

also just tried to use the restart app from the WinCE desktop and it came up with cannot find 'Restart' (or one of its components)... do i have a corrupt v3 update??? cheers

Status quo. Still has that blasted message down the bottom and the version is still 2.

This is bewildering. Am I really doing something wrong here? Stupid question. Obviously, I am. Does anyone actually know what I have done wrong?

I have downloaded the 2 parts.

Extracted them (using winrar) onto root of sd card, overwriting as part of the second part extraction.

Swithched the device on which went into WinCE desktop

went to mydevice. Copied myflash disk file from the sd card over myflash disk on the avic, overwriting.

Rebooted the device. That's it

have missed something? Have I screwed something up?

Cheers

I didnt upload v3 seperately to the maps

So You did not Have V3 to start with?

Did you ever load the V3 update from pioneer?

tried to use the restart app from the WinCE desktop and it came up with cannot find 'Restart'

The restart app is on the sd card as part of V3 testmode. This wont work with V2

No I didn't get v3 from pioneer. Is that the problem????

Is v3 availiable for free??

If yes then where can I get it? And if not how do I go back????

Yes it is the problem. As stated in the instructions this is only for Version 3

You will need to restore a V2 image for the FM500

As you don't have a backup you will need a copy of the files you have replaced for the FM500

IE the 3 files in the APL dir, EZrider and SYS.txt in APL2 and a copy of the 14.1 maps to replace APL2/content folder

Try searching for a backup of the FM500 in the forums or someone may help you out with that.

The V2 update on the Pioneer website will probably have those files in it

Try searching for an EZrider that works on the FM500 for V2 firmware. The Maps are the files in APL2/content and below. Delete these files and put the ones in from my V2 update, thes will work with your firmware. The Ezrider will probably work as well but I have never tested that on the FM500 as I don't have one

Good Luck

34by151

V3 Updated POI Files

Download Here

http://www.4shared.com/file/165612341/7d4db9e/POI.html

Contained in this release

RedLightCameras_AU.txt

SpeedCam110-AU.txt

SpeedCam50-AU.txt

SpeedCam90-AU.txt

Speed_Cameras_au.txt

VariableSpeedCam-AU.txt

Bank_ANZ.txt

Bank_BankSA.txt

Bank_Bankwest.txt

Bank_CBA.txt

Bank_ConnectATM.txt

Bank_HSBC.txt

Bank_National.txt

Bank_StGeorge.txt

Bank_Suncorp.txt

Bank_Westpac.txt

Food_Dominos.txt

Food_GloriaJeans.txt

Food_HungryJacks.txt

Food_KFC.txt

Food_McDonalds.txt

Food_Nandos.txt

Food_Oportos.txt

Food_PizzaHaven.txt

Food_PizzaHut.txt

Food_RedRooster.txt

Food_Starbucks.txt

Food_Subway.txt

Fuel_7Eleven.txt

Fuel_Ampol.txt

Fuel_BP.txt

Fuel_Caltex.txt

Fuel_ColesExpress.txt

Fuel_Independent.txt

Fuel_Mobil.txt

Fuel_Shell.txt

Fuel_Woolworths.txt

Parking-AU.txt

I have not had a chance to remove duplicate POI's that are in the Sensis16.1 Map Update.

This will be done for the next Map Release that will also have the Skin changes

Cheers

34by151

WiFi_au.txt

Sorry in advance if this is a but harsh, but you did not read or follow the instructions. Not only did you put V3 files on your V2 system but you did not get a backup. Some lessons have to be learnt the hard way.

To fix your system you have a few options.

1. Obtain a full backup of the 500 from V2, deletes all the subdirectories on your 500 (not the files in the root dir) and copy over the files from another 500. If you search the forums you will find one. You can use any F500 backup and just alter the sys.txt for you model number. Uss the V2 map posted here. Again do some seacrhing you will find the answers to that

2. Purchase V3 upgrade from Pioneer spare parts and update to V3. I don't know if that will work automaticly as your files are mixed, but you will have the files to do it manually. Their is plenty of in on the this forum on doing that if you search.

3. Send it back to Pioneer for repair.

Cheers

34by151