AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

Usual Disclaimer:

These files are for hobbyist use only. Use them at your own risk I can not be responsible for your actions if something goes wrong. Make sure you take a backup of your system prior to any changes

This Update is for V3 Firmware only

Contained in this release:

Test mode for V3

Australian Sensis R16.1 Map (Released June 09)

3D Bulidings

3D Petrol Stations

Updated POI's

Updated Speed Cam

Spoken Street Name Corections (Phoneme.ph file)

Map Warning Bypass

Updated EzRider

Updated SYS.TXT

Udated Map License files

Updated Terrain (more detailed evevations)

This release has been tested on the Australian AVIC-F900BT

Download files from

http://www.4shared.com/file/160754980/9 ... part1.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/160828063/9 ... part2.html

or

http://www.4shared.com/dir/24382274/615 ... dates.html

Instructions

This update will just fit on a 1Gb SD card but it is advisable to use a SD card greater than 1Gb.

1. Start your AVIC normally and verify you have the V2 Firmware installed.

2. Check your map version.

Go into Settings / Navi Settings / About / Maps

Your Maps will display Sensis R15.1

3. Check your frirmware version.

Go into Settings / System Settings / Service Information

Next to Version you must have 3.xxxxxx

4. Extract this update to the root of an empty SD card. Do not modify the directory structure and extract both files. The best software to extract with is winrar

5. Insert the SD card and Start the AVIC

6. Use Test mode to backup your unit.

Make a Directory called "Backup" on the below storage card and copy "My Flash Disk" to this directory

Read the AVIC411 Faq's If you are unsure on Test Mode or make a backup

7. Copy The directories below Storage Card\My Flash Disk to "My Flash Disk" on your AVIC.

Overwrite files as needed

8. Restart Your AVIC

9. Verify you have the new Maps

The Map will now be "Australia R16dot1 Sensis

10. Verify you have Buildings Working. Zoom into a CBD location to see buildings

11. Verify you have updated POI's.

Open POI's and search for McDonalds, you will find it under restaurants if browsing POI's

12. Verify Warning Bypass. Go to the map scraeen and restart the AVIC. Press Map and check the warning is bypassed

Enjoy

34by151

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi 34by151,

I've just joined the site.

I just received the map update from Pionner. All installed ok. Firmaware version 3.02, maps 2.004. Can I apply your changes? I also notice that the safety camera database is not as uptodate as the previous vesion of the maps. Lots of cameras are missing. Not sure if othes have found the same.

Regards,

BlueGolf

Yes, this is for V3 firmware only which is what you now have

You will find the maps are V15.1. This release will update the maps to 16.1

All the poi's are back and the camera's data is the latest. BTW this also includes variable time and speed limits

IE School zones drop the speed to the correct one when in effect ect

The really sad thing is the Maps released by pioneer have half the data missing as well as being 3 versions behind

My initial release for V2.0 firmware upgraded the Maps to this same version (15.1) later releases upgraded to 15.1a and 15.1b.

The official V3.0 release is missing

3d buildings (landmarks);

Petrol Station Hallmarks

A tiny terrain file (38mb) so elevation is way off affecting calcs. This release has a 132mb version

Old Poi's

Old Speed cams

No Phonetic speech

The Latest Sensis maps are Version 16.1 that were released in June 09.

The next update is expected in Dec which will be 16.1a this is expected not to update the map but the data, things like Pio's and cameras.

I just noticed I left the 3dCars in the content directory. If you don't have a data.zip that supports this you can remove it. I am working on a new Data.Zip to be in my next release This has 3dcars in it among many other things and will have the look of the gurjon skin

see http://www.gurjon.com/gj_scr/ for the origional

and viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26699&hilit=gurjon for BorisM's AVIC verion

I'm customising that with mods already completed by BorisM, IDT and Drifta, credit to them for their work

Cheers

34by151

Hi 34by151

I downloaded the two files as per your instructions and expanded them to a 2gig sd card. I noticed that only 262mb of the sd card was used. Is this right?

I have the following folders -

My Flash Disk

APL

APL2

testmode

Utils

I noticed when I expanded the smaller file it asked to overwrite some files.. I answred yes.

Apologies if the above sound like stupid questions....I'm still new at this..

Cheers....BlueGolf

Extract the rar file and keep the directory structure. The easiest way is to use winrar to do that.

The APL and APL2 folders are below "My Flash Disk" in the archive

If you have trouble and have followed the posted instructions try deleting the files in

"\My Flash Disk\USER\UserData\iGo\save"

Cheers

34by151

I have the gurjon skin running. I have made some TMC changes to it for more SUNA info and options. Still getting used to all the options but it looks very good so far. I need to fix the positions of some of the icons as well as add-in in some tilt/zoom options before an initial release.

All of the TMC changes from my V2 release are included. You can look those up in earlier posts.

Auto/Manual tune switching is included as well as default TMC tuner mode. I finished the Spoken TMC warnings. Still working on getting a TMC warning distance going. This will restrict spoken TMC warnings to TMC warnings to those within a selected distance. New warnings will be spoken right away if inside your distance. Warnings outside the distance will be spoken when they come within the distance. Expired warnings will be spoken only if within your distance

I'm hoping to complete an initial release by Monday next week. This will work on V3 firmware with or without the updated 16.1 maps

Cheers

34by151

hi there I new to the forum. Ive done some reading and thought i was ready for som mods... I downloaded the the two files as directed in the thread. I have extracted the first file to the SD card, but when i go to extract the second file and when i select to replace files I get an error message, which i can copy, but the details are: Extracting file: E:\V3UPDATE01.part2.rar

Extracting to "E:\"

Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no

Extracting My Flash Disk\APL2\iGO\content\map\Australia.fbl Error: CRC mismatch in file "My Flash Disk\APL2\iGO\content\map\Australia.fbl" in the archive "E:\V3UPDATE01.part2.rar"

any suggestions??? I tried to copy just the first file.... it clearly didnt like it because now it just keeps rebooting. some help would be really appreciated.

Downlaod and install winrar

Put the 2 rar files in the same directory

Right click on the part1 files and select extract to V3update01

If you still get a crc error download the second files again.

I have checked the files I uploaded and they are working

Cheers

34by151

Yes you need both extracted. The Rar file is split into 2 file because 4shared limits uploads to 200mb per file.

If you are still having issues download and extract with winrar as per my last reply.

You will need this anyway if you want to update a data.zip file later on.

Cheers

34by151

hello, I have followed your instructions and was able to extract both files onto the SD card overwriting some of the files. I then copied the content of MyFlash to the device and rebooted. the device seems to go into an endless loop of restarting. there is some sort of counter in the top right corner which does advance as time progresses. is this normal? how long should it take if it is. I had it going for about 20 minutes before i powered the device down. any suggestions????

Try deleting the files in "\My Flash Disk\USER\UserData\iGo\save" on your unit

If that does not work try restoreing your backup.

If you extracted the files correctly you would have overwitten some files in APL and APL2/content

Did you follow the release instructions?

Cheers

34by151