AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

Here you go.

TMC mod

FILE: tmc_800_480.ui

Change: Replaced

File: templates_800_480.ui

Change: Added line

New Files

File: ui_pioneer\800_480\TMC_mode.bmp

Function: Auto/Manual Tune checkbox

File: ui_pioneer\800_480\746_32K_MN-053_32c.bmp

Function: Search up button, mirror of 800_480\746_32K_MN-053_32b.bmp

Cheers.

34by151

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As posted before I have held over the mods below as I am still testing them

* New TMC icons for different event types

* Options to exclude event type from route recalc

* Options to include TMC text with icon on map

* sys.txt Variable to set Tuner start mode

Completed but untested in traffic.

* The new Icons spific to the event type show on the map screen. I am working on displaying the traffic speed alongside side the icon. Pressing the Icon on the map screen shows the event text

* New screen For Event types. An extra button next to both "use traffic info" and "Recalc to avoid traffic" for custom options.

* "Use traffic info" custom button is enabled when on, this allows you to turn on and off event types. Turing off will also stop display of event type on map. Enabled options, on (shows icon , and speed), Speed (shows speed only) and Icon (icon only)

* "Recalc to avoid traffic" custom button is enabled when on, this allows you to turn on and off recalc for event types

Incomplete

Variable to set startup mode of tuner to auto or manual. This is not working as yet.

I must also say that when ever you enter the TMC Control Centre the tuner will show Auto. This is because the button defaults to this state not the current state. If you change to manual it will stay that way when you exit the screen but change to auto if you re-enter the screen. The unit will also default to Auto on reboot. This will change when I get the variables working.

Oh yeah, On the old TMC screen the message "TMC Present" is bogus. It just text and has no meaning.

IE does not show any status like my code does now. Also the Signal meter does not show anything to do with TMC other than the radio station signal strength. IE A station with a strong signal may sill have no TMC. The new TMC status will tell you what the station is sending.

Cheers

34by151

This is great work.

I want to import a US F90BT instead of buying the much more expensive Australian F900BT. I'm just trying to make sure that they will be equivalent....

Firstly, I have downloaded BOTH U.S. and AUS files for the "V2 update" from the respective Pioneer US and AUS websites. Doing a comparison between the files and directory structure of both updates with WinMerge reveals they are exactly identical - this is good.

Secondly, the attached Pioneer document states the only difference between F90BT and F900BT in hardware is the 4V preamp output - this is good.

Thirdly, I would like to check if the other files on the AVIC (apart from the V2 update and maps) are the same between US and AUS. - 34by151 if you have a backup of your AVIC flash on your computer, would you mind being so kind as to post a TXT file with the details of all files and directories in your backup AVIC flash? To get this, just go into command prompt (cmd), cd to the relevant directory, and type dir /s /og > dir.txt and post the resulting dir.txt

!! thanks!!

You can get the maps going my map update should take care of that.

Read up on the threads for the UK guys importing US units.

I understand the FM tuner is not the same in the US units and you will have troubles with the TMC.

If you do import one I am after a V2.0 backup so I can look at the Voice command's latter on and a EU backup so i can look into getting the radio station names working in the FM tuner.

Cheers

34by151

YellowLemon the US versions hardware is different but will support the aussie maps. You won't be able to recieve SUNA because the US version uses MSNDirect for traffic updates instead of TMC (SUNA). Also the radio won't turn in .1 frequencies. The US unit will only tune in .2 steps. There are plenty of threads on this, try searching. They are mostly about loading European maps, but the Aussie unit is the same as European for hardware.

YellowLemon the US versions hardware is different but will support the aussie maps. You won't be able to recieve SUNA because the US version uses MSNDirect for traffic updates instead of TMC (SUNA). Also the radio won't turn in .1 frequencies. The US unit will only tune in .2 steps. There are plenty of threads on this, try searching. They are mostly about loading European maps, but the Aussie unit is the same as European for hardware.

Thanks for that information lacehim! The tuning is not a problem, as all the Brisbane radio stations are on non-even-decimal frequencies like in the US. The lack of TMC though, I wonder is that hardware or just a software difference?

34by151 - When my F90BT arrives from the US I will get you a copy of the flash disk that comes with it. So you're saying the aussie units don't even display the station name / RDS ? That's ridiculous. Does the US version show the RDS station name? Guess I'll find out. Here in Brisbane only 1 single station has an RDS station name anyway, that's NOVA FM.

34by151 - When my F90BT arrives from the US I will get you a copy of the flash disk that comes with it. So you're saying the aussie units don't even display the station name / RDS ? That's ridiculous. Does the US version show the RDS station name? Guess I'll find out. Here in Brisbane only 1 single station has an RDS station name anyway, that's NOVA FM.

US version does not show any RDS information from the built-in tuner...

US version does not show any RDS information from the built-in tuner...

Yep that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why the Australian version would not show the RDS data, even though it has TMC which by definition requires RDS hardware.... so it would have to be some software problem? (The other issue it is difficult to test whether RDS names are being displayed in Australia because hardly any radio stations here bother to transmit an RDS name, slackers...)

If you check the TMC screen you will find that does show the radio station name. So the tuner does pass the names. The problem is The fields are missing on the OZ FM radio screen. I haven't done much more work on it yet other than that. When I get a full EU backup I'll start decompiling the files.

A US backup would also be helpful in looking at the voice command. Again it's not high on my list as I use the voice command on the phone to dial for now.

Testing is going well with the rest of the TMC mods all seems to be work well so far. With a bit of luck I can get back to doing the sys.txt stuff on the weekend

Cheers

34by151

A US backup would also be helpful in looking at the voice command.

It baffles me as to why Euro and AUS units would not have this function.. so strange!

How useful are the SUNA TMC messages? Is it a well-implemented system with adequate traffic info? Or do you still find yourself running into traffic....

On the station names I can only guess that it was cut out because other warning stuff on the EU version not supported in OZ. It was probably easer to cut the lot out rather than just remove some functions.

On SUNA, In Sydney it quite good but don't expect it to magically give you clear roads. Peak hour is still peak hour.

What I have noticed it is not reporting slow traffic if it is not abnormal. As an example I the M5 is useless toll road expect to often be doing under 60 in a 110 zone. SUNA wont report that because that is normal. If it was down to say 40 (an abnormal speed) expect to see a warning

As another example I was driving to the northern beaches of Sydney today. From where I was you could go via the spit or around Northbridge. Now which ever way you go your stuck getting around the waterways if you hit traffic. No chance of going another way. Normally I'd go via the spit which is the way the AVIC also routes you. Along the way (in the harbor tunnel) TMC received an accident report and routed me the other way around with a nice “accident ahead re-routing†message. As one of my guys also was going to the same place in another car I thought give this a go. I got their 25min ahead of him. Not that that really proves anything but I did not encounter abnormal traffic along the way and the others were in bumper to bumper getting around the accident

Cheers

34by151

Some new info:

When I compared the UK "version 2" firmware update to the US/AUS "version 2", there were some differences but only in a few files including data.zip. Also the UK version upgrade had a whole bunch of extra language files in the igo/content folder, about 15 extra languages.

Note that when I compared the version 2 updates between USA and AUS, they were identical.

TO see for yourself, download the updates from UK and US sites, and compare with WinMerge freeware.

Justin,

Just apply both updates and rename the stock data.zip. Read the instructions all is quite clear in the posts and in the readme in the download. If you are asking how to use the stock data.zip with the TMC screen mod you will have to add that to the stock data.zip yourself. Read my post on the TMC screen changes and you can cut/paste the code.

If you are having troubles after that ask.

Cheers

34by151