AVIC411.com

Please help F90BT has no sound

I tried searching for this but i couldn't find anything. im in the process of installing the f90bt in my 2005 silverado. i have everything wired up correctly but im not getting any sound at all. im puzzled. i double and triple checked all of the wiring for the speakers and it's all 100% dead on but i still get nothing. can someone please help maybe there's a setting that needs to be changed? i had sound when i wired the switched power wrong and put it to a constant and it played sound with the ignition off but not on.

anyone please?

im sorry to tell you, but i can guarantee you 100% for sure that you do NOT have all the harness wires connected properly. either that, or you don't turn up the volume knob at all and its at zero. have somebody doublecheck the wires. especially the blue "power antenna" wire. you do have ALL the wires connected right? and did you connect it into a harness or into the stop harness by splicing the wires???

what's up with the blue power antenna wire? i didn't use it because i have no power antenna? i have all the speaker wires done correct i know because i used the GMRC-01 and the speaker wires are simple and i matched up all the others from the avic to the corresponding from the harness. i got the power wires all set switched and constant the vss is connected where its supposed to be, the reverse is good. and i did the bypass and grounded the parking brake. i tried to check and make sure the mute wasnt on but thats good too.

LOL, dude im gonna try to put this without trying to to make this funny. and please excuse my humor here. LOL

everyone that is reading this is probably laughing their ass off. im assuming, this is your VERY FIRST install ever made. im saying this with all due respect, but buddy...u MUST connect the blue power antenna to the blue wire you have left. the blue power antenna turns everything on and lets the sound travel to the speakers!

its NOT if you have a power antenna, but it is to get EVERYTHING turned on and powered up. I understand you have the vss, reverse, brake, and blah blah blah connected perfectly, but trust me....CONNECT THAT POWER ANTENNA WIRE TO THE BLUE WIRE YOU HAVE LEFT OVER and EVERYTHING will work!

i promise! let me know how it works out for you. and good luck ;-)

Some vehicles have built-in amplifiers, which connecting the blue wire should resolve. Other than that, I would get a schematic for your specific vehicle and see if there's anything else that you could have possibly missed. Then maybe get a professional to look at it.

...I'm pretty sure you're not the first person to install this thing into a Silverado... SOMEBODY should be able to chime in with a better answer.

turns on and everything works, just no sound. i called pioneer this afternoon and the dude told me there was something wrong with the unit and to send it back, so i called sonic where i got it and they told me 3-5 buisness days and someone will call me about returning it... kinda sucks considering my truck's all apart and what i would call not driveable and they just take their time.. mothereffers

yeah dude thats what happened to me. in my f90 the bluetooth module was burned out, so i had to ship it back! i first had to ship it in, and then wait for a replacement.

dude....i was driving for 15 days without any sound in my car and a big hole in the dashboard. get used to dealing with the f90bt, or just return it. thats what i did. so now im gonna get a d3 or wait for the new kenwood or wait n hope for pioneer to improve the f90bt

i wish i did research first.... haha

Did my research, decided on the f90bt as the best bang for the buck. I have had no problems. I don't see why the bluetooth would have anything to do with having no sound. It has to be a wiring issue, somewhere one is loose, or incorrectly installed, or a bad ground somewhere.

trouble shooting 101

(1) get a small test speaker(that you know works) and make sure there is sound comming out of the head unit, if not problem solved - bad headunit

(2) get an AA battery and connect wires to the ends then touch the wires to each pair of speaker wires (with out anything hooked up to the harness) if the speakers make a small "POP" then the problem is between the radio and the factory harness (most likely the intergration module) if you dont get a small pop, you probably have an amp that needs to be turned on, or blown speakers (i would lean toward the first one because the chances of blowing all the speakers at the same time are slim)

(3) do you have the factory BOSE system? if yes check #2

(4) do you have onstar? if yes are you sure that it wasnt activated causing the radio to be muted