AVIC411.com

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

great work! this was really simple and easy to do, all i had to do was pop in a sd card... i was really surprised to find out that it would be that easy, thanks!

Thanks. I took my time and tried to make it idiot-proof...

But as always, someone manages to prove me wrong. :-)

New samantha file is almost done. Route numbers are spoken properly now. No more "prepare to" either.

A few more tweaks and I will post it as a self-installer of just the voice. A 2MB quickie to install.

Hi, I try to download the NoMSNUnziptoSD file, I got that error message

C:\DOCUME~1\WILSON~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\MnLyfH8B.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

any idea what's the problem

thanks

Use 7zip to extract and preferably Firefox to DL. Be sure to hit "save to disk" and not "open from current location". The file is fine.

Just wondering, is there a way to make the clock like your old CMH file. Or atleast change it from the lime green color because I do not necessarly like that color.

The speed limit signs and turn restrictions occupy that space now. The color can be changed to whatever you like, though. find:

and change the "color=" to whatever HEX color you want from here: http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

The green I chose matches the one used for Turn Distances shown above it.

Where do I find this string to change the color? In which file? And once I update it, can I use the test mode auto installer to update it or should I do it manually?

Nice mod, still testing it out. Excellent job in the settings menus. Is the robot warning gone now? I just integrated my navigate 800_480.ui file with yours and I am getting an error message. I think i know the reason why, it is because I didnt want your speed limit sign so I didnt add this part of your file

";<> Start

;<> End"

So now I get this error message see picture. Is there something i need to comment out in the navigate.ui file?

I also need to adjust the turn restriction sign, so that it lines up with my compass. Would i just use the same y value as the compass?

I attached my navigate 800_480.ui file, mabe you could take a look when you have time?

Otherwise everything works nicely. It worked easier than I thought. It is a combination of the original file I have posted on your FTP with your latest files. I am still testing the voices out, at first I didn't like the new voices but now i think it is growing on me.

Great job thanks for the help

Although not trying to help, gnasr74 led me to the following file where I found a similar string:

ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui

Is this the file that needs to be modified in the data.zip for changes in the font color?

**Would it be a bad idea to search for all the 03EE2A colors in the above file and change them all to red (FF0A0A)??

I know this will change more than the clock...

Although not trying to help, gnasr74 led me to the following file where I found a similar string:

ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui

Is this the file that needs to be modified in the data.zip for changes in the font color?

**Would it be a bad idea to search for all the 03EE2A colors in the above file and change them all to red (FF0A0A)??

I know this will change more than the clock...

yes it is. just look for this if you are using cmh928's mod and adjust the colors

;time

also in the voice folder in content, is that the modified samantha voice. If so, i dont know if it worked when i transferred it into my unit from the setup menu, so i was wondering if i can just take it and copy it into the same folder in my avic unit. Do i delete the file that is there and replace it with this TTS file?

What is the transportm.ttf font for?

thank you

NO!!! Just go in test mode go to your flash drive ,look for in the IGO AND JUST EDIT THE SYS , change the frist line, to look the make it look like this ( [device]

type="PIONEER749UC" this work with all DATA HACKS .good luck :D

i noticed you wrote this to IDT but i still have the regular compass. do i have to put this back in?

PS. Check your browsemap.ui and comment out the vsp_compass and spr_compass lines since you use the linear compass now. Doesn't hurt to kill the spr_battery one there either.

Gnasr,

If you're in doubt about a script, especially a layer, just change the x to a value that would place it off screen. like x=1000.

Search nm8x4 for "actualstreetname" and change "align=" from "center" to "left".

This will make the time look like an address, though. Hence the centering and color change.

The lines in browsemap are optional when using the OEM compass, but MUST be commented out to use the linear compass.

I've given directions on the easiest way to install samantha several times, just read back a few pages.

Redmilk,

I believe this remark was intended for F500 users and has nothing to do with the voice question GNasr asked. he uses an F900, i believe.