AVIC411.com

How to install F500BT & ND-G500 Combo..?

Hey folks,

I've been reading around the AVIC411 boards for a couple of weeks now, and like what I see... There are some pretty nice modifications out there for the F500BT that I didn't know about before reaching these boards.

Anyway, the reason for my post this morning is because I'm having difficulties installing the F500BT & ND-G500 combo I recently purchased. Right now I've got the F500BT installed through the cig lighter/aux connection, but when it comes to the ND-G500 Amplifier, I've got no idea what I'm doing.

See, what's confusing me is this... The main wires coming from the amp has THREE different connections... One being the ISO Connectors, and then, the two other connectors which read 'To Car Stereo'.

Can someone help me out, as to where to install all of these wires? If it help, I have a 2001 Chevy Impala.... Pretty basic vehicle.

I've got an aftermarket deck in the car now, and don't care if it has to go, or if it stays. :)

Thanks in advance for any help given!

Yup, the harness is a nightmare!

It works like this:

- Headunit speaker output > Harness speaker input

- Harness speaker output > Car speaker connector (which your h/u was originally connected to)

- Power connections: +12V permanent, +12V accessory, -12V (ground)

- Handbrake (connect directly to ground, not to handbrake)

- Reverse wire (optional, I just taped mine up)

If you need any more specific advice, let me know

-

• 1 month later...

It isn't so hard to install really. What you need is a parrot connector. It will connect to those weird connectors on the amp and allow you to plug them into your car. What you want to find is a parrot connector for a 2001 chevy impala. I bought one from this site for a 2001 4runner. Connected it to the amp cable and plugged it right into my car and into my car stereo without cutting a single wire. That assumes that your after market radio is not hard wired to your car. If your car stereo is installed by using a plug in connector you are set. You have to verify that the original OEM connector on your car is still intact.

The parrot connector will simply go between the ISO connectors on the amp cable and make them fit your cars connector. on one end you plug it into the cars plugins and on the other end you plug the cable from your stereo into the parrot connector. That is it. done.

http://www.hawkexpress.com/index.cfm?fu ... t_ID=53321 The GM-GMC Harnesses QCGM-2 Non-Bose should fit your car if you don't have Bose. You may have to call for pricing. tell them you saw it for $20 in a google product search. That is what it is listed at. I got mine for $18.

http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Fin ... php?id=176 this site will help you find the connector you need. I ordered from hawkexpress because they are cheaper and they shipped it the very next day.

The Parrot connectors make installing the F500BT and amp SOOO much easier. I hacked the amp cable up a bit, I didn't want 60ft(I exaggerate :lol: )of cabling sitting in my dash. I bought my parrot kit from this website:

http://store.cellularsurge.com/pcqcgm-2.html

Was pretty cheap and arrived in a decent amount of time. Great service, I recommend them. If you need a different connector for a different vehicle, go to this website to look up what connector you need:

http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php

then just put in the P/N that comes up into the website above and do your thing.

Good luck.

Erik

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...