AVIC411.com

Speed Sensor wire

[quote name="patela4497"]is it necessary to connect "Speed Sensor wire".... will it have ne effect when i connect external dvd player?????[/quote]

The speed sensor wire is really necessary for accurate results for navigation and the meter displays. You can not hook it up and the unit will try to learn without it but the results will be less accurate. It should have nothing to do with connecting an external dvd player.
[quote name="SVT Amateur"] [quote name="patela4497"]is it necessary to connect "Speed Sensor wire".... will it have ne effect when i connect external dvd player?????[/quote]

The speed sensor wire is really necessary for accurate results for navigation and the meter displays. You can not hook it up and the unit will try to learn without it but the results will be less accurate. It should have nothing to do with connecting an external dvd player.[/quote]

I think what patela4497 was getting at is that if the VSS wire is hooked up, the D2 will know the car is moving, and will lockout the unit.

The unit will lockout above 5 MPH because of the VSS and the internal gyroscopes. If the VSS wire is not hooked up, the unit will still lockout.

There is a simple bypass for the D2. It involves grounding the parking brake wire and another pin

The VSS wire greatly improves the accuracy of the unit, especially if the GPS signal is lost because of a tunnel, high buildings, ect.

Hook up the VSS and do the bypass.
[quote name="fearziz"]are the wires listed in the picture the same on all vehicles? I'm not hooking mine up so if I need to tell the installers to tag the parking brake wire I will. it will make it much easier on me to find when I do the bypass since they wont.[/quote]
The wires have labels attached to them.... just ask the installers to leave the labels intact and you should have NO problem finding which wire does what