AVIC411.com

Alternative Bluetooth adapter

I primarily will be using the z1 for the bluetooth besides the navigaton ofcourse and have been hearing that the bluetooth adapter that pioneer has are junk.

Anyone try an alternative to the bluetooth adapter that pioneer sells for the z1? I know of one which is the parrot or whatever. I don't know too much about it.

What are you guys using besides the adapter that pioneer has?

Thanks alot!
I deal with the pioneer one... it's not junk, it's better than some I have used. But the Parrot stuff is by far the best aftermarket bluetooth device on the market.

I had the CK3100:
[url=http://www.parrot.biz/usa/products/ck3100-lcd]http://www.parrot.biz/usa/products/ck3100-lcd[/url]

It's not integrated into the Z1, so you can't use the Z1 to call anything. But the parrot will turn off the speakers on any car stereo and use the car's speakers as the phone. But while you are doing this, the nav of the Z1 won't tell you directions, it shuts off the speakers from what ever stereo it's install next to.

But the voice quality is absolutely the best after market bluetooth device I have ever seen.

And no reason to transfer phone books, it transfers every make and model every time automatically when you start the car. Even Verizon phones with no OBEX, it downloads them and accesses them over the bluetooth DUN protocol. And you can flash their firmware with a laptop with bluetooth. Very nice devices.
  • 1 year later...