AVIC411.com

OBDII/Dash/Car stats / possible programs?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been wondering this for a little while... I have software for my car called osiris, (www.uprev.com) there is a datalogging / car information program that has a bunch of nice little gauges that come up when the software is loaded.

the hardware is a cable that goes from odbII to USB.

currently installation is available for XP and Vista, I was wondering if there was a way to port the software to CE.

I've been wondering this for a little while... I have software for my car called osiris, (http://www.uprev.com) there is a datalogging / car information program that has a bunch of nice little gauges that come up when the software is loaded.

the hardware is a cable that goes from odbII to USB.

currently installation is available for XP and Vista, I was wondering if there was a way to port the software to CE.

+1 I have the same software/hardware. I have been wanting to get cipher (the datalogging and monitoring part of Osiris for those who aren't familiar with this) to work on the avic forever. It's the perfect set up to have displayed on the avic. If there is a way to make it work on CE that would be perfect.

CobbTuning makes an AccessPort and windows based software that can be used to manipulate the realtime fuel maps, record data and show live stats. Do you think it would be possible to install this onto the Windows CE and plug into the USB port, or better yet somehow execute the program from the AVIC's shell prorogram to display realtime stats while you listen to your music, ect. I would kill for a mini-boost guage on the nav screen or something.....

• 5 weeks later...
CobbTuning makes an AccessPort and windows based software that can be used to manipulate the realtime fuel maps, record data and show live stats. Do you think it would be possible to install this onto the Windows CE and plug into the USB port, or better yet somehow execute the program from the AVIC's shell prorogram to display realtime stats while you listen to your music, ect. I would kill for a mini-boost guage on the nav screen or something.....

Interesting, the guys at Cobb seemed to be pretty cool. You may want to mention this to them and maybe they could pitch in a little help. Having an accessport built in to the AVIC would be very slick.

I think the trick here is finding how to connect the avic to the obdii port (I assume the usb to obdii would work) and then find an appiication that will work. ...

Man a small amount of HW could really do some cool stuff here but we need to figure out that door.

no need to reinvent the wheel here guys:

http://scienceofspeed.com/products/engi ... HKS_CAMP2/

This works with any OBDII car... you would just use the A/V Input for the HKS CAMP2 as a source and switch over to it as needed... it has a remote control so I guess you could write a small app to control it? Or set it up on a 2nd LCD screen..... 8)

Downside about this is that you won't have audio while looking at this, correct? Can you jsut switch over the video portion and keep the radio playing? I'm thinking no?

The other option is to try to see if you can use the backup video feed, but think this could cause complications also...

no need to reinvent the wheel here guys:

http://scienceofspeed.com/products/engi ... HKS_CAMP2/

This works with any OBDII car... you would just use the A/V Input for the HKS CAMP2 as a source and switch over to it as needed... it has a remote control so I guess you could write a small app to control it? Or set it up on a 2nd LCD screen..... 8)

Downside about this is that you won't have audio while looking at this, correct? Can you jsut switch over the video portion and keep the radio playing? I'm thinking no?

The other option is to try to see if you can use the backup video feed, but think this could cause complications also...

yea thats why it might work better with a 2nd LCD screen which isn't always an option for most cars... my NSX can have 2 LCD screens in the console tho so thats a plus :)