AVIC411.com

F-Series Black Screen/Rebooting Master Thread

I've noticed a TON of rebooting/failure to boot/black screen threads - listed below are some of the threads. Has anyone contacted Pioneer about this? CLEARLY there is a widespread issue here. With no recent updates, it's hard to blame it on a recent change but this has suddenly become a bigger problem. I don't recell it being mentioned a couple of months ago. Mods don't seem to be the culprit either (see #12)

1. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23760 "F700 splash loading screen then black screen, turns off =("

2. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25137 "Won't boot- Black Screen I tried everything"

3. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24604 "Rebooting Problems and no solution"

4. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25092 "black screen"

5. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24964 "Unit Won't Boot Up - F90BT"

6. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24990 "f700bt reboots itself"

7. removed - different issue

8. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24885 "Start Up > Black, Similar Issue, Different Symptoms F700BT"

9. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22910 "Help!! F700BT Dead. Shuts off after loading..."

10. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24692 "HELP MY F500BT WONT STAY ON"

11. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24802 "PROBLEM WITH F500BT WONT STAY ON. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT?"

12. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24791 "(NO mods to this one) "700BT NOT booting ... (Not even in testmode)"

13. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23852 "Fixing The Black-Screen Boot-Up Problem."

14. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24590 "HELP!!! 90bt boot prob"

15. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24571 "700BT WON'T BOOT"

16. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24693 "F700BT Boots to Black Screen - Anyone Have Backup Files?"

17. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24577 "F700BT startup screen on constantly - can't boot LPUE080 but"

18. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23656 "Goes to startup screen... then black"

19. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24416 "Need help in Dallas Tx f700 rebooting problem"

20. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24474 "Problem wiht 900BT - nav function keeps rebooting the unit"

21. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24303 "Avic F-90BT reboots only while driving"

22. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24359 "Diagnossis of 90BT freezing during boot-up problem"

23. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24268 "F700 will not boot up!"

I tried some of the fixes mentioned in some of the treads, spoke to crutchfield, spoke with a local car audio place, spoke with pioneer, and emailed with Pioneer. They said send it in (all of them). Luckily I am under warranty still, but barely...The unit was purchased in the end of July last year. Pioneer said if I wasn't under warranty base rate is 200.00. Seems steep for a hardware/software problem on their end.

So, my curiousity is how old are the units that are having trouble? Mine is 11 months old. unfortunately, I dropped it in the mail to the service center today. I wonder if there is a batch that got bad hardware?

Hopefully the unit they send back is trouble free for the rest of my vehicles life and it comes with V3.0 loaded on it already.

By the way, I had no mods done to mine and it was not bypassed.

I drove to Canada from NC using the Navi on my F90BT. 5 miles from my destination the navigation begins to glitch ala max headroom. System now does a constant reboot from the Pioneer sign to black screen. Every 50-100th reboot, the main screen will come on and I can play music, however if I try to use navigation, it immediately goes into reboot mode. Any suggestions? I have a 12 hour drive soon, and would like to use my radio.

Bought mine in Aug/Sept of last year. Ran into this last weekend... some of the threads above did help me when I had the issues.

Symptoms: Splash screen stayed up for about 15 seconds, then black. Screen, buttons, everything. No response from any button. Reset would do the same thing. Did NOT try "hard reset" though. Got to Test Mode temporarily but as it finished that initial file copy it did the same thing.

Fix: Basically my fix was reinstall 2.0 update. Then I was able to get back to Test Mode and copy over my full backup (which saved my ass!).

Can someone tell me how you "re-install the software" In other words how to install the 2.0 firmware again if it's already installed? This is the only fix I haven't tried.

Put the SD card Pioneer supplied into the unit and let the card do its thing. you can get them for free from Pioneer.

My Fix:

1. insert 2.0 card and revert back to 2.0

2. Go into Testmode

3. Copy/Paste the harddrive files (I had a full backup of the modded data file

ok but say you don't have a memory card from pioneer. in my case i bought the unit refurbished off of ebay. how do i reinstall the 2.0 software? i'm desperate to get my unit fixed. i do alot of driving and it worked fine when i got out of the truck the night before, work up this morning and it would show the "pioneer" screen for about 20 seconds and then just shut off. i tried playing with all kinds of button combinations with the same results.

PLEASE HELP

Where are you located? I'm sure that if you went by an authorized dealer, they would have one. You'd only need it for 15 minutes or so.

Sadly, it took mine about 2 weeks or so to arrive from Pioneer. I'd highly recommend ordering one at this point, whether you have problems or not. It looks like it will come in handy sooner or later. Anyone know if it has been posted on megaupload or some other file sharing site?

I'd love to know why they is such a rampant occurance all of a sudden.