AVIC411.com

Front Panel Line in on F-90bt

How do I use this?

I have a regular double male 3.5mm stereo cable, plugged one and into my iphones headphone jack, and then other end into the front panel, and no matter what I did, I could not get it to play sound. I played with the audio in settings menu but could not get it to work.

What am I doing wrong?

I use a dedicated car ipod classic for most of my music, but also like to stream internet radio over my iphone 3g (before the avic unit I would do this with a tape adapter)

Any assistance appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

How do I use this?

I have a regular double male 3.5mm stereo cable, plugged one and into my iphones headphone jack, and then other end into the front panel, and no matter what I did, I could not get it to play sound. I played with the audio in settings menu but could not get it to work.

What am I doing wrong?

I use a dedicated car ipod classic for most of my music, but also like to stream internet radio over my iphone 3g (before the avic unit I would do this with a tape adapter)

Any assistance appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

i haven't used it that much bt from what i recall you have to set av1 to one of the options as well as av2, try making different combinations on both setting and it'll work

you don't need a special cable to make it work, just a standard mini-to-mini cable. i use one to play pandora thru my 3g. just go into av settings and set av2 to video. it'll show a black screen, but the music plays just fine. i usually have my deck on map screen anyways,.

if your deck isn't working, you might want to have it looked at by a repair shop.

• 3 months later...

The front panal AV input is a stereo audio input as well as video. It requires a cable with three black rings on it. The rings pertain to L,R audio and video. If you use a standard stereo adapter or cable it may not work properly. Use an adapter or cable with three black rings on the connector and you should be good to go. You should be able to get such a cable at Radio Shack.