AVIC411.com

Update on 3.0 SW & minor 2.006 update (no specifics)

*Edited, see below post*

First of all, I didn’t post this in the 3.0 thread because it would just get lost in all the BS posts that do no good, and didn’t need another 10 pages of "OMG read the thread it was posted on page 21 post # 300 blah blah blah insert derogatory comment".

So, let’s try to learn from that and NOT post a bunch of useless BS... :roll:

I just got off the phone with pioneer tech support; I was calling about wiring my F500, but asked about 3.0 since I had him on the phone.

He stated 3.0 will not be available as a no map, non-IGO software only free update, only as the full blown maps + IGO 8.3 paid update. When I mentioned that's what we had heard as well, but someone claimed a Pioneer rep told them there would be one he clarified that he had JUST taken the training on it 2 days ago, and they said there would not be a free-be only version. He then said, but the other rep could have been talking about the 2.16 update (number might be slightly off, don’t shoot me I'm just the messenger) which will be a free update. Upon further clarification he stated that 2.16 will not be a total remap like the 3.0 will, but it specifically will be for bug fixes in the current 2.0. They told him it would be out around the same time as 3.0, which they only said would be in "July".

That's all the info there is, there was no clarification as to what would be fixed in 2.16 (it's not done yet) but it will be a free bug fix, assuming the guy I talked to correctly remembered what he was told in training 2 days ago.

Thanks to basstoy for finding the actual update on the Pioneer site in his thread here

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25317

Here is the link to it

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Support/Navigation/Free+Firmware+Update+2.006+for+AVIC+F-Series+In-Dash+Models

The rep I spoke to was close, it's aparently 2.006 not 2.16

Does not look like it does much though, the only language on the site as to what it does is as follows.

This firmware update (version 2.006) contains important performance improvements relating to Automatic Time Correction, updated XM channel icon graphics, and enhanced reliability during firmware update process.

I've got 2.006 installed and noticed no real difference from the 2.0. However, my car has not been delivered yet so it's still sitting in its box in the mean time other than when I play with menus (I had one a while back with my old car for a short time but returned it when 2.0 wouldn't install).

I'm personally not interested in test mode as 3.0 sounds like it will do everything I care to, and I want to keep my warranty unquestionable, so I haven’t looked into it. But if it's something easy to check on the device like a startup sequence I could look into it for you.

Has anyone else installed 2.006 to check for test mode? I doubt they removed it as it's just a very minor update, but not like its impossible. Don't mind checking for you if someone else hasn't already.

Installed it this morning and was so pissed when I found out that the previous testmode was disabled-I had almost forgotten how big a POS this unit could be without mods. But just as I was about to punch it in the face a new testmode file was posted. Worked like a charm-reloaded CMH's mod and the system is really better than ever. It may be coincidence but it's the first full day without a crash/reboot, system sounds/prompts have been toned down and sound much nicer (not as sharp and full of static), up until this update my Ipod would freeze up almost anytime the unit was shut down for more than five minutes... hasn't required a hard reset all day. And all the XM channel art gets populated.

Installed it this morning and was so pissed when I found out that the previous testmode was disabled-I had almost forgotten how big a POS this unit could be without mods. But just as I was about to punch it in the face a new testmode file was posted. Worked like a charm-reloaded CMH's mod and the system is really better than ever. It may be coincidence but it's the first full day without a crash/reboot, system sounds/prompts have been toned down and sound much nicer (not as sharp and full of static), up until this update my Ipod would freeze up almost anytime the unit was shut down for more than five minutes... hasn't required a hard reset all day. And all the XM channel art gets populated.

Did you use the one by "carver"

Yes I did. I should note a couple of things. In the hour or so between loading 2.06 and finding testmode 2.3 my F90 was NOT all that happy. As long as I didn't try to do too many things at once it was great-but once I hit one too many buttons I would get an error message for a split second (could never read it) and it would reboot. Somehow CMH's mod (or most of it) really helped. It wouldn't auto load/copy as it's supposed to. So I manually copied just "data.zip" and "sys.txt". I left out sounds because they're not an issue with this update, everything else that I wanted was still there (thinking that had something to do with the error-unrecognizable files maybe?). But works so much better for me now.

Yes I did. I should note a couple of things. In the hour or so between loading 2.06 and finding testmode 2.3 my F90 was NOT all that happy. As long as I didn't try to do too many things at once it was great-but once I hit one too many buttons I would get an error message for a split second (could never read it) and it would reboot. Somehow CMH's mod (or most of it) really helped. It wouldn't auto load/copy as it's supposed to. So I manually copied just "data.zip" and "sys.txt". I left out sounds because they're not an issue with this update, everything else that I wanted was still there (thinking that had something to do with the error-unrecognizable files maybe?). But works so much better for me now.

I had the same issue.... although before I updated I used his revert back to stock package but it still left a lot of his stuff on there.....and I still had a few issues... after a couple of resets it seamed fine. I hope when 3.0 comes... It will reload everything and get rid of every mod putting it new.

Jason