AVIC411.com

Update: Firmware 2.006, Maps, and Mods

So do you recommend going to 2.006? Especially if you don't plan on going to 3.0 any time soon?

thanks,

Ben

there really isnt much of a noticeable difference except for the voice guidance is now a man instead of a woman..i would probably wait until the 3.0 comes out soon although i heard there will be a necessary payment for that update

How did you manage that? I loaded the update and I still have Samantha.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you recommend going to 2.006? Especially if you don't plan on going to 3.0 any time soon?

thanks,

Ben

there really isnt much of a noticeable difference except for the voice guidance is now a man instead of a woman..i would probably wait until the 3.0 comes out soon although i heard there will be a necessary payment for that update

i think he's reffering to jason as whenever the unit gets updated/rebooted it goes voice guidance gets set to default which is Jason

[quote="bsnively

i think he's reffering to jason as whenever the unit gets updated/rebooted it goes voice guidance gets set to default which is Jason

That is possible, although I reloaded cmh's mod right after I did the update and mine defaulted back to samantha.

i'm not too sure why this happened i thinks its cause of what idt said i just did the tts update with the firmware and it changed to jason and it stayed that way even aftr i copied cmh's mods onto my unit..im still wondering though when adding new mods do you have to do it manually on the unit itself everytime or will it update automtically when i put the sd card in

i'm not too sure why this happened i thinks its cause of what idt said i just did the tts update with the firmware and it changed to jason and it stayed that way even aftr i copied cmh's mods onto my unit..im still wondering though when adding new mods do you have to do it manually on the unit itself everytime or will it update automtically when i put the sd card in

I just copied the new samantha over to cmh mod manually, since i was already in testmode anyway.

Guys,

I am having prob with 2.006 update :( .... i had 2008.4 maps and now its gone!!! i used testmode 2.3 and checked ... yes there is a lic file in place but no idea how my all mode gone!!!

also i tried cmh mod from "ok I got the CMH "unzip to sd card" file ... BUT..." post but no luck.... how do i solve the issue....

plzzzz

Guys,

I am having prob with 2.006 update :( .... i had 2008.4 maps and now its gone!!! i used testmode 2.3 and checked ... yes there is a lic file in place but no idea how my all mode gone!!!

also i tried cmh mod from "ok I got the CMH "unzip to sd card" file ... BUT..." post but no luck.... how do i solve the issue....

plzzzz

Reinstall the hacked ezrider and see if that solves it for you.

I have DL the 2.006 firmware......does anyone see a problem with replacing the data.zip/sys.txt files in the firmware with my hacked data.zip/sys.txt before I even load the firmware to my avic?

To me it seems to be the same as overwriting it once it's on the unit, it just saves me a few steps.....any thoughts?

I have DL the 2.006 firmware......does anyone see a problem with replacing the data.zip/sys.txt files in the firmware with my hacked data.zip/sys.txt before I even load the firmware to my avic?

To me it seems to be the same as overwriting it once it's on the unit, it just saves me a few steps.....any thoughts?

It has been done and it does work

Actually, doesn't work, since it breaks checksum on the upgrade...

Thanks Boris.

Sorry, I misread the statement. I think I was half asleep when I posted. But I did think about doing that before I upgraded mine.