AVIC411.com

all out of ideas..... please help.

Attempting to repair the device yourself will likely void the warranty on it :-\ Especially if you open it up.

It's weird that Pioneer would just make a rash assumption that everyone has done the Parking Brake Bypass, considering the vast majority of owners probably don't know about this forum, and frankly probably don't care to modify their headunit.

Attempting to repair the device yourself will likely void the warranty on it :-\ Especially if you open it up.

It's weird that Pioneer would just make a rash assumption that everyone has done the Parking Brake Bypass, considering the vast majority of owners probably don't know about this forum, and frankly probably don't care to modify their headunit.

Right, but you don't have to know about this forum to do the bypass. I shop did mine. And if you call up Pioneer with this problem, weird as it may be, they will assume that you have done the bypass. It is written all over this site, nevermind they said it right to me on the phone. They asked if i did the bypass as soon as i said what was going on. I asked if i could fix it on my own and they said no to send it in.

But anyhow that is all irrelevant. Anyone else have any other ideas short of taking my unit apart? That is where i'm gonna draw the line and send it back or if a cpl more experienced members on here say i'm out of options.

i got 2 more questions and then i'm giving in and sending it to pioneer.

1. I got a blue screen to come up by pressing the menu + map buttons. it allows me to press buttons to attempt to put in a "code". is there something i can do with this "code" during the blue screen to get some funtions back??? I feel like if i get one function and can get others. but my unit is locked up, no updates, no test mode, no nothing. can anything be done at this blue screen?

2. i want to undo my parking brake bypass but it was done by a shop so i don't know what wire it is. pioneer is blaming everyones problem of the unit not booting on this mod so i want to undo it real quick and see if that clears it up. this is my last chance and last attempt at fixing this on my own and its gettin unplugged and boxed up. what wire is this? do i just basically unground it or what.

after i try this i will either be fixed hopefully or be sending it in. either way i'll be out of yalls hair. :lol:

TJ, take a look at this post. It sounds like you are going into service mode.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25068&p=171872&hilit=menu+map+button+code#p171872

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST! i just found this 20 minutes ago, but def. appreciate the help. this look promising.

yea i was just reading that thread. i found the code to enter and got fully into "service mode". i'm reading now about service mode to see if i can do my updates via the SD card. so far it will not let me because i don't have the files winceimage.bin and winceimage.cks loaded on my SD. i'm gonna locate those files and throw them on there and post my results. i feel like i'm making some headway.

":1xeio1za]
TJ, take a look at this post. It sounds like you are going into service mode.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25068&p=171872&hilit=menu+map+button+code#p171872

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST! i just found this 20 minutes ago, but def. appreciate the help. this look promising.

yea i was just reading that thread. i found the code to enter and got fully into "service mode". i'm reading now about service mode to see if i can do my updates via the SD card. so far it will not let me because i don't have the files winceimage.bin and winceimage.cks loaded on my SD. i'm gonna locate those files and throw them on there and post my results. i feel like i'm making some headway.

TJ, I am having EXACTLY the same problem as you. Will try out service mode first thing tomorrow. Please let us know your progress.

--Rom

This might be a long shot, but I'm trying to think outside of the box... Are you powering ur speakers off the deck? If so, perhaps u have a speaker that's blown and the + and - are shorted together, and when the deck tries to put power out to your speakers it restarts....