AVIC411.com

Free update to 3.0 if bought after may 2009

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my Australian F900BT in December 08. I filled in a claim form (downloaded from their website) and will be sent a free 09 map upgrade in August which I believe will be Sensis V15.1 (but that's been available on the net since last year). I'm not sure if I will get the firmware update too. I don't even know if Australia has any 8.3 maps yet. The unit cost $2000 and is still for sale today at WOW for $1780. It's a lot more than the US model cost.

I had my reply from Pioneer today, my question to Pioneer with the answer below.

My question to Pioneer:

I purchased an Avic F700BT on July 1st 2009, I have read that there is a version 3 software and map update being released in late July or early August, and that the release will be free of charge for anyone that has purchased an Avic F model after May 2009.

Could you please let me know if this is the case and when V3 release will actually be released.

Pioneer response:

Yes, this free update will be available within the next few weeks. Please continue to check our website for the latest information.

Thank You,

Mark

Customer Service Representative

I had my reply from Pioneer today, my question to Pioneer with the answer below.

My question to Pioneer:

I purchased an Avic F700BT on July 1st 2009, I have read that there is a version 3 software and map update being released in late July or early August, and that the release will be free of charge for anyone that has purchased an Avic F model after May 2009.

Could you please let me know if this is the case and when V3 release will actually be released.

Pioneer response:

Yes, this free update will be available within the next few weeks. Please continue to check our website for the latest information.

Thank You,

Mark

In which country do you live?

I live in the U.S and posed the same question just yesterday to Pioneer via email specifically asking if people like myself, who bought from May 2009 onward would get the 3.0 update free of charge. Later in the day I got this response (cut and pasted):

We would like to inform you of the availability of a NEW free firmware update (released in July) for your AVIC-F90BT navigation system.

This free firmware update (version 2.006) contains important performance improvements to address the following issues:

Fixes Automatic Time Correction

Updates XM channel icon graphics

Enhances reliability during firmware update process

Please visit our website for more information on how to obtain this NEW free update, which can be accessed at the following link:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... AVIC-F90BT

Sincerely,

Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

It seems like they feel the 2.006 update sufficiently fixes the older units and if we want the new software for the new units (to make my 90bt work like a 910bt) then I've got to purchase it. I don't really feel they directly answered my question (not likely a misunderstanding either) so I may call in and speak to someone just to see if I can find out where this 'free after May 2009' got started.

yeah I got the same mail from pioneer, basically...

sorry you're fucked on this, buy 3.0 for $60 and here's a useless 2.06 free , have a great day and screw you

i bought mine in april. in California

heres the mail....

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

The fee is actually reduced from 130 to 60 dollars, also this firmware is not the only thing that is going to be updated. The software comes with the New maps that Teleatlas provided and also POI's. So, when you purchase the SD cards for 60 dollars, it will come with the 3.0 firmware and also the Map upgrades. Thank You, OliverCustomer Service Representative

and the 2.06 mail I got....

We would like to inform you of the availability of a NEW free firmware update (released in July) for your avic-f900bt navigation system.

This free firmware update (version 2.006) contains important performance improvements to address the following issues:

Fixes Automatic Time Correction

Updates XM channel icon graphics

Enhances reliability during firmware update process

WOW, this is a great update! Faster GUI response and better navigation.

My unit was updated to 3.00000 but I can now use 910BT firmware files, so downloading 3.03010100 now. Might be pioneer has another version of the FW/Maps, but there was no need for serial/key. Actually, I could have easly copyed the SD card when I was there, but I'm a nice guy...

Edit: corrected copy SD card line.

WOW, this is a great update! Faster GUI response and better navigation.

My unit was updated to 3.00000 but I can now use 910BT firmware files, so downloading 3.03010100 now. Might be pioneer has another version of the FW/Maps, but there was no need for serial/key. Actually I could easy copy the SD card, but I'm a nice guy...

Rapidshare or megaupload if you would? :D

Sorry, don't have it, did the upgrade outside the Pioneer office. What I ment was the sales rep let me alone with the SD card. Running 3.03010100 910 FW now, no problems :)

akke wrote:WOW, this is a great update! Faster GUI response and better navigation...

...Actually I could easy copy the SD card, but I'm a nice guy...

:?::(

Here's my latest response from Pioneer:

Sorry for the delayed response.

Not even for customers who purchased after May of 09.

Thank You,

Masumi

Props to Masumi @ Pioneer for finally acknowleging it.