AVIC411.com

REQUEST: EU image V3 Deck

The APL2 folder from avic-weo has 2008.4 maps? That's a damn shame. Shouldn't you be able to just copy the new 2009.2 maps (8.0 format) to the content/maps folder?

This is something to sacrifice. Get iGO 8.3 and old 2008 maps or stay with iGO 8.0 and use the newest 2009 maps.

A new "modified" Ezrider for version 3.0 will solve that problem but it's not available yet.

And is there any noteable difference between Igo 8.0 and 8.3? So the APL2 folder from avic-weo contains igo 8.3

but where can i get the apl2 folder from? who is avic-weo?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And is there any noteable difference between Igo 8.0 and 8.3? So the APL2 folder from avic-weo contains igo 8.3

I didn't install the iGO 8.3 yet. I'm quite happy with 8.0 plus Yuri's mod and the new maps. So my knowledge is limited. But i read the biggest difference in 8.3 is the long awaited 2D mode with direction up instead of north.

Hi all,

since thre is still no "how-to" for noobs, I tried to compile such an instruction. Yes, it's "just" copy and paste - though, it takes a lot of steps, so here is the way I sucessfully upgraded my F900BT (EW-version) - hope that there is stil need for it:

STEP BY STEP instructions (tested on F900BT/EW)

Needed files:

File A: Download F710/F910-Firmwareupgrade from the Pioneer homepage: http://www.pioneer.eu/files/support/avi ... E_6219.zip

File B: Download Avic-Weo's uploaded APL2-Folder from here http://www.turboss.com (Username:avicuser, password:Avic411) - Folder: /f900bt/EUf900bt

File C: Testmode V2.3: download/file.php?id=7376

Step 1: Backup your device

1.1) Unpack it onto the root of an empty SD card

1.2) Put the SD card into your unit & turn the ignition on

1.3) When everything is okay, you'll see a Windows CE Desktop then

1.4) Run the Windows Explorer (Start -> Programs -> Windows Explorer)

1.5) Tab on "My Flash Disk" and copy the content to the clipboard (Edit / Copy)

1.6) Tab on "Storage Card" and open the SD card as active directory (File / Open)

1.7) Paste the content from the clipboard to the SD card (Edit / Paste)

1.8) After finishing copying to the SD card, store the copied folder "My Flash Disk" on your computer (just for safety)

Step 2: Upgrade Windows CE

2.1) Copy the 2 WinCE-image files (will be found at \LPUE080\PLT\ in the ZIP "File A") to the ROOT directory of an empty SD card.

2.2) Put the SD card into your unit & turn ignition on. When the splash screen comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset button at the same time.

2.3) After a few seconds let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu and map buttons. A blue screen will appear which tells you to restart the unit. Ignore this order.

2.4) Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see red blocks on the bottom for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

2.5) Put your SD card with the WinCEIMG files into your unit.

2.6) Select 0-WINCE Upgrade

2.7) Select 1-WINCE by SD/MMC (I've chosen the "no-format option" and everything worked well)

2.8) Wait till it says restart in the bottom center. Don't turn off power before you see the OK-message in the bottom!

2.9) Remove your SD from the AVIC & turn the ignition off.

Step 3: Upgrade firmware & IGO

3.1) Copy the APL folder from ZIP "File A" to the root of an an empty SD card

3.2) Copy the APL2 folder from "File B" to the root of the same SD card

3.3) Boot your unit again using Testmode V2.3

3.4) Use the Windows explorer to delete the APL and APL2 directory on "My Flash Disk" on your unit

3.5) Use the Windows explorer to copy the APL and APL2 directories from your SD card to the "My Flash Disk" drive

Voilá! This way worked on my F900BT (EW) pretty fine!

The first boot after the final update took very long (longer than the second and following) - so, please stay patient if the system tells you to wait because it's starting ;-)

Bye,

Boby

BTW...I just compiled this instructions from a bunch of threads of this very useful forum. I'm not the inventor of these steps - I just put it together, so that everyone is able to do it. The "copyright" is still belonging to the original authors.

uploading now - in EUf900BT

will be finished in 5' (if all goes well)

:roll:

@Avic_weo: Sorry for that late question & maybe I read over that part of information, but what firmware version exactly have you uploaded there? AFAIK there were more than one 3.x versions (if I am correct 3.04 and 3.1). Could you give me/us this information?

Thanks!

P.S.: Some french guy from here uploaded a video on youtube - and I noticed a very small difference between the video and my current firmware (=which runs fine, btw) - I don't get a seperate "number pad" for the input of the house numbers - I get the same screen like before (which is no problem for me, but I just want to understand what could be the reason for this and so I questioned the version number of the uploaded firmware). Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed the turboss.com APL2 after my AVIC started to continually reboot. I've managed to fix everything except for one major problem!

My maps have no roads on them! (I'm in the UK.) The navigation system shows me where I am, but has no roads. Also, it cannot find the right addresses. I think that it is configured for US maps. Has anyone had the same problem, or can suggest a solution?

Akali65

No worries. I fixed it by using the following post:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25265

Thank you Konic for posting up the relevant files. I think I used the APL folder from the US download and that ended up with no roads appearing on the navigation system. So for anyone out there who makes the same mistake, make sure your files are all European ones :D

Akali65