AVIC411.com

F500BT 2.006 and x910bt "My Flash" upgrade--updated p.4

Been working on this for a while and reading alot.

To get to the service menu hold Power and Reset for 5 sec.

Passcode is MAP,MAP,MENU,Enter (center of joystick),MENU,Enter

Once in Service Menu the reset button is the only way of navigating. Short push move through options. Push and hold for 1/2 sec selects option.

After sucesfully updating I get to reboot now message. hold power and reset to reboot.

Unit powers on shows slash screen and turns off.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think if you have the upgrade package http://ds1.downloadtech.net/cn1010/firmware/AVIC_X-Series_Firmware_Update.zipunzip to the root of SD card, and do a had reboot (power down with pressing power button for 5 seconds and power up in same way). It will automatic update everything.

At least this how it works when upgrading to 2.006000 (my WInCE image was upgraded from 6.0.1 to 6.0.5)

Have not dare to try the 3.0-X upgrade on my F500BT, as in the package, it did not mention about F500BT in the PLT upgrade file:

LPUE080PLT.HTM:

[2009 Navigation Platform Release Record]

Product : AVIC-F700BT/AVIC-F900BT

Fri. Apr. 24 12:00:00 2009

Release File : PLT

Release Version : 6.2.1.9

only the LPUE080APL.HTM contains F500BT info:

[2008 Navigation Application Release Record]

Product : AVIC-F500BT/F700BT/F900BT

20090623 10:09

Release File : APL

Release Version : 3.010100 20090623

I may try the APL portion only later this week.

Possibly Bricked after Win CE upgrade.

When I plug in the AC power cable BT light illuminates. Power button does nothing, one press or holding down. CAnnot get back into Service menu either. Going to test on the car dock, but not looking good.

Back on the car dock I was able to get back in to the service menu and restore the PLT files from the Pioneer F500BT 2.0 release. Back to square on but not bricked.

What bypass are yall speaking of? I am using a modified data.zip with software bypass, speed set to 128. Is that it?

Back on the car dock I was able to get back in to the service menu and restore the PLT files from the Pioneer F500BT 2.0 release. Back to square on but not bricked.

What bypass are yall speaking of? I am using a modified data.zip with software bypass, speed set to 128. Is that it?

Good to hear man. Do we need to update to the newest WinCE to use the map and POI files in the x910bt

Example -> x910bt.zip\IDT_v3.5\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\CONTENT

Swapped the base map and wyoming files. Nav still loads fine but whyoming doesnt show up on the maps list in Menu>Settings>Nav settings>About>Maps

yeah I swapped all the POI and MAP and new licence files over and it will now work without the proper licence file with the IGO8 and leetloader.

DId you just try the map in the flash drive on the unit? Or was it with the IGO8?

edit: I ordered the CD150 update from poineer, but it would be nice to test it out first :-)

Have some one tried with this to upgrade to 3.01 on F500BT with version 2.00600:

(Reference: viewtopic.php?p=135213)

1. Extract LPUE080 to root of SD Card from the Avic-X 3.01 package, remove the PLT portion as it's not compatible with F500BT.

2. Extract restmode (2.3) to the SD Card root.

3. Boot into TestMode

4. run LPUE080/APL/update.exe in testmode.

would this work?

Swapped the base map and wyoming files. Nav still loads fine but whyoming doesnt show up on the maps list in Menu>Settings>Nav settings>About>Maps

Hi Arbies,

Did you swapped the whole APL2 or just the map. As I notice, the EZRIder.exe on 3.0 is Igo 8.3.2.23803 and on 3.1 is Igo 8.3.2.24603. And the one we have on F500BT is 8.0.

I assuming the maps comes with the 3.0 torrent download http://itchybot.com/x910bt.zip.torrent should be also for IGO 8.3. if so, without upgrading ezrider.exe under APL2, the maps may not work on F500BT.

Thanks