F500BT 2.006 and x910bt "My Flash" upgrade--updated p.4

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi.

Is it possible to update the F500BT to 3.0 with iGO 8.3 + Maps ? I´m looking since hours but I can´t find the files....

or an answer if it is possible.

Can someone post the link or a short how to ?

(F500BT EU Version)

I think the guy who posted this thread tryed it and it would not work. I think the problem is we need to update the WinCE before we can load the 3.0 update. I dont know enough to mess around. I dont want to brick my GPS.. hehe

I am trying all day long, but so far no success. What I did is to merge data.zip from generc 8.3 and data.zip from the update .It is all about skin configuration in data.zip\ui_pioneer\ui in my opinion. I managed to make it start from the flash disk, but is somehow crappy as you can see on the attachment and pioneer shell is getting stuck

post-35736-12872758001328_thumb.jpg

Although LeetLauncher is not perfect yet, but the good thing is, you can leave you F500BT untouched, just run everything off the SD Card.

Read thru this thread, if you want learn more about LeetLauncher teaking:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18522&hilit=leetlauncher

This is the short path to start:

1) Download LeetLauncher here: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18522#p123463

2) Download TESTMODE 2.3 here: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25367#p172474

3) Delete ALL files in Leet's testmode folder and replace them with the Testmode 2.3 files

4) Open CopyTool.mscr in notpad and erase all the text (optional, but makes it much faster)

5) Add this code to CopyTool.mscr and save:

Run(SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"..\LeetLauncher\LeetLauncher.exe")

I also cleaned up the speedcam.txt that comes with LeetLauncher 3.0, otherwise. it's going to take about 7 minutes to load all the NorthAMerica and European speedcam info from the text file.

Extract DEM, MAP, POI, BUILDING files from the torrent 3.0 package and copy to your SD Card to \iGo8\Content.

Put the SD Card into your F500BT, do a hard reboot. it should work.

BTW, I also put the generic world license file + the license file from the 3.0 package. This should not matter as LeetLauncher already comes with a license file.

You can also download the latest igo8.3.2 executable PNA version from other forums,I tested a few builds, they all work well.

I have LeetLauncher running nice from my SD card, but I wanted to have igo 8.3 running from my flash drive together with the pioneer shell. I like the voice control, which doesn't work together with LeetLauncher. Also zoom- in and out with hardware keys is pretty good feature.

I have LeetLauncher running nice from my SD card, but I wanted to have igo 8.3 running from my flash drive together with the pioneer shell. I like the voice control, which doesn't work together with LeetLauncher. Also zoom- in and out with hardware keys is pretty good feature.

I wanted that too :), did not work well yet. I tried to leave my WinCe as is of from the 2.00600 upgrade. And replace the whole directory of APL2 from the 3.0 torrent download. The IGO8.3.2 will launch fine. However, it only loads the base map. I think we needed an hacked version of EZRIDER.exe 8.3.2 that can takes generic license to make this work.

I noticed someone already put request on PPCWAREZ. Hope something will come up soon.

I also replaced the whole APL2 folder and the system is getting stuck on the startup ( win ce 2.00600)

Try to replace ezrider and license from generic igo8.3 ( need to rename igo8 to ezrider) and I think you should be able to see the maps.

Mine starts up properly, even the Navigation app starts, only problem is it can only load the Base Map.

Try to update your sys.txt to set the Device type properly.

For US version of F500BT, it should be

[device]

type="PIONEER749UC"

BTW, I also tried the igo8.3.2 generic version by renaming it to EZRider.exe, although the Main Menu do show up, but the "System Starting up in Progress" never go away. Basically, you can not do anything.

I am getting "System Starting up in Progress" and last forever with APL2 from the torrent. Wandering what is the difference. SYS.txt is just the right one ([device] type="PIONEER749UC") , very strange.

I made another test, entered testmode and run ezrider from the flashdisk to see what is causing the problem, usually there is crash.txt inside igo folder, but ezrider is closing immediately and there is no crash.txt created.

Anyone ideas ?

I am getting "System Starting up in Progress" and last forever with APL2 from the torrent. Wandering what is the difference. SYS.txt is just the right one ([device] type="PIONEER749UC") , very strange.

I made another test, entered testmode and run ezrider from the flashdisk to see what is causing the problem, usually there is crash.txt inside igo folder, but ezrider is closing immediately and there is no crash.txt created.

Anyone ideas ?

That is a bit strange.

Here are the steps I did:

1. F500BT update to 2.00600 and "My Flash Drive" is backed up. (I assume you already done that)

2. UNZIP the torrent package to SD Card, (update the sys.txt to change the device type from PIONEER746UC to PIONEER749UC).

3. Unzip TestMode 2.3 to SD Card

4. Erase APL2 folder from "My Flash Drive"

5. Copy APL2 of the torrent package from SD Card to "My Flash Drive"

6. Reboot

The system main menu will start just fine, Navi system can launch and all the F500BT function still work, except when you press map, you will see the map is just black. If you goto Menu>Settings>Nav settings>About>Maps, you can only seem base map info, there is no other maps info listed.

Yeek,

thank you very much for the detailed instructions, but unfortunately this thing doesn't work for me.

I did a lot of tests today, but none of them were successful.

Formated the myflashdisk, updated wince image both, service menu and SD card. My winceimage is 6.0.5 .

Copy Apl2 from SD card .. didnt work. Then I copy directly from my computer to the myflashdisk via usb cable ... didn't work.

I am using this torrent http://itchybot.com/x910bt.zip.torrent. Let me know if you are using something else.

I try with this one as well http://ds1.downloadtech.net/cn1010/firm ... Update.zip , but the same story.

Any suggestions and ideas are welcome.

By the way, is it there anyone (except yeek) who managed to run igo8.3 together with the pioneer shell ?