AVIC411.com

F500BT 2.006 and x910bt "My Flash" upgrade--updated p.4

Yeek,

thank you very much for the detailed instructions, but unfortunately this thing doesn't work for me.

I did a lot of tests today, but none of them were successful.

Formated the myflashdisk, updated wince image both, service menu and SD card. My winceimage is 6.0.5 .

Copy Apl2 from SD card .. didnt work. Then I copy directly from my computer to the myflashdisk via usb cable ... didn't work.

I am using this torrent http://itchybot.com/x910bt.zip.torrent. Let me know if you are using something else.

I try with this one as well http://ds1.downloadtech.net/cn1010/firm ... Update.zip , but the same story.

Any suggestions and ideas are welcome.

By the way, is it there anyone (except yeek) who managed to run igo8.3 together with the pioneer shell ?

why do you want the unit not wo work 100% yeek also said

The system main menu will start just fine, Navi system can launch and all the F500BT function still work, except when you press map, you will see the map is just black. If you goto Menu>Settings>Nav settings>About>Maps, you can only seem base map info, there is no other maps info listed.

how would you get to the map with out this button? Am I missing something?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I understood right, yeek's map button ( and menu button) is working just fine, the problem is that the map screen is not showing map street names and map details because the license is not matching. Simply his igo doesn't recognizes the maps that he has, due to license restrictions. If you try to browse Europe for example, with your current version, you will get the same black screen instead of map details and street names. You will get the same results, if you don't have map or you have a map, but your license doesn't permit those maps.

So his pioneer shell and igo are working, the problem is just the license.

In my case igo doesn't start at all. It is crashing on startup by some reason.

If I understood right, yeek's map button ( and menu button) is working just fine, the problem is that the map screen is not showing map street names and map details because the license is not matching. Simply his igo doesn't recognizes the maps that he has, due to license restrictions. If you try to browse Europe for example, with your current version, you will get the same black screen instead of map details and street names. You will get the same results, if you don't have map or you have a map, but your license doesn't permit those maps.

So his pioneer shell and igo are working, the problem is just the license.

In my case igo doesn't start at all. It is crashing on startup by some reason.

Thanks for answering the question for me, that is exactly what I got.

I will try to repeat my steps again sometime this weekend and take some screenshots, as I had restored my flash after decided to use LeetLauncher. I do understand why you want to what I get to the step I did. If everyone of us F500BT owner is just keeps waiting to rely on someone else, we would never get the F500BT hacked.

BTW, I was using the same x910bt.zip from the same torrent.

I I do understand why you want to what I get to the step I did. If everyone of us F500BT owner is just keeps waiting to rely on someone else, we would never get the F500BT hacked.

I fully agree with you. This is just the next step and I have some ideas and I am ready to spend more time to try from this stage. I am really surprised that in one unit this is working and on another - not.

I I do understand why you want to what I get to the step I did. If everyone of us F500BT owner is just keeps waiting to rely on someone else, we would never get the F500BT hacked.

I fully agree with you. This is just the next step and I have some ideas and I am ready to spend more time to try from this stage. I am really surprised that in one unit this is working and on another - not.

Hi ungaro,

I figured out that you need to also copy your original license file to the \APL2\iGO\LICENSE folder. (That is what I did, if I remove my original license file from the LICENSE folder, the system will stuck at "System Startup in Progress). I guess you need at least a valid license to load the basemap for the Navi system to run.

So the steps should be:

1. Extract APL2 from x910bt.zip to the SD Card

2. Correct the sys.txt on the SD Card (device type=PIONEER749UC), and add your original license file to \APL2\iGO\LICENSE

3. DELETE APL2 from the "My Flash Drive"

4. COPY the APL2 folder from SD Card to "My Flash Drive"

3. Reboot

It "works" for me, again, only Base Map is loaded. I hope you can do more discovery from this steps onward.

Yeek

Thanks yeek!

the license was the problem.I was using other license and never thought to use the original one. Now is working the same way as yours.

I made some tests today.Tested with different version's licenses and ezrider's and different versions maps, but no success.

However, I still believe that customized data.zip and regular igo8 (ezrider) will do the work.

I made hybrid data.zip that runs with generic igo8, but than pioneer shell is having problem to start.

It starts, but " System is starting up" message never go's away.

I found out that if the igo crashes without any error message immediately after the start, usually this is caused by the license mismatch. If the license is right, than there is another problem and error message popup with some layers error or cant load picture from data.zip

I am not that good with skins and scheme's, but I will continue digging in this direction this week.

Thanks yeek!

the license was the problem.I was using other license and never thought to use the original one. Now is working the same way as yours.

I made some tests today.Tested with different version's licenses and ezrider's and different versions maps, but no success.

However, I still believe that customized data.zip and regular igo8 (ezrider) will do the work.

I made hybrid data.zip that runs with generic igo8, but than pioneer shell is having problem to start.

It starts, but " System is starting up" message never go's away.

I found out that if the igo crashes without any error message immediately after the start, usually this is caused by the license mismatch. If the license is right, than there is another problem and error message popup with some layers error or cant load picture from data.zip

I am not that good with skins and scheme's, but I will continue digging in this direction this week.

From the errors you were getting, I guess you are trying to play with the generic igo8.3, I also played a little bit with it. The layer error was because that the standarded igo8.3 is seeking for a folder called ui_igo8 inside data.zip, however, in the pioneer data.zip file, the folder name is called ui_pioneer.

I am very busy this week, won't have time to do more research on this. Hope you can dig out more.

Btw, if you are going to change stuff in data.zip or even those .res file in APL folder, I recommend you using winrar, winrar has very good ability to keep the original format when modifying zip, .res directly.

Good luck,

Yeek

I replaced all the files manually where ui_igo8 is mentioned with ui_pioneer as well in the sys.txt. The way I did it is to

extract both data.zip's in different folders and using winmerge compare and merge folders.The newborn folder containing files from both worlds was created as new data.zip. Meanwhile searched for ui_igo8 and ui_pioneer inside ui and ini files and replace them respectively

I tried both ways merging in ui_pioneer and merging in ui_igo8 . There are files that are on both sides and I don't remember exactly which way was better. I even tried having ui_pioneer and ui_igo together in one data.zip, but again unsuggessfull. Thereafter there were few minor issues not letting igo8 to start, like missing file or or scheme in ui_*. I add everything manually and finally it started.

The problem is that somewhere in the configuration files *.ui and *.ini is set resolution 320x240 and this is bug- ing the final main view(the one that I posted earlier). The icons and buttons are 320x240 and all the rest is 800x240. Trying to find out where is it, but is not an easy job.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome.

I gotta give lotust mad props for ordering the update. Also give him a hudge thanks for sharing the welth. I plan on playing with my unit alot more. I might also pull it apart and figure out what 700,900,90 users will need to integrate a battery back up for faster booting.

Before we can get an F500BT 3.0 dump to work on, I am still seeking a way to make the ezrider.exe 8.3 (extracted from 3.0 package) to work, as that is the main reason whay many of us wanted to upgrade to 3.0.

Although the hacked ezrider.exe 8.0 was done thru binary change inside the ezrider.exe. I am wondering if it's possible to hack it thru windows registry instead of binary file.

I suspect the License file value is set somewhere in the WINCE Registry, because, even I replaced the whole APL2 folder including license file from torrent downloaded 3.0 package, the IGO still won't start without my stock License file. And of cause, my stock license file is not compatible with the newer version of 8.3 maps. I strongly suspect it is getting the License filename from somewhere in the WINCE registry.

Will post update once I found something new.

From reading other forums, it looks like iGO 8 licensing is hardware id based, whether bundled with a pna or on sd card, so I'm guessing the original ezrider.exe on each device is linked to the specific license file on the same device and matched to the hardware id.

The hardware id may be indeed hidden somewhere in the wince registry but if it is, then most likely in some encrypted format, and only generated every time the device starts up based on reading it from somewhere in rom, uboot or other hard-coded memory regions which are unique per hardware device (like a hardware serial number etc).

Reading about the 3.0 upgrade, it looks like the existing hardware id is being challenged in order to generate a new one for generating the license code which will pass the new ezrider.exe checks - or maybe generate a patch for the generic ezrider.exe shipped on the upgrade sd cards.

So I'm guessing again, that the previous version hacks changed ezrider.exe to not check for the license file at all, which made it work for everyone when replacing the original ezrider.exe and that will be the only thing to work for those trying to hack the new version...