AVIC411.com

AVIC Z110BT Bypass?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've tried numerous times now to get the bypass to work on my Z110 HU. I've grounded the parking brake wire and mute wire (moved one spot over in the harness) to the ground wire of the wiring harness which did not work. I've also grounded those two wires directly to the frame of the car through a stud that other components of the car are grounded to (which also did not work). I keep getting the msg that the parking brake is not properly connected. I soldered all the wires to make sure there was a good connection. I made sure the pin in the harness is in all the way and that it is making good contact w/ the pin of the HU. I'm at wits end here. The car is a Mercedes SLK 280. I'm using a Connects2 harness that allows the remote controls from the steering to still be functional. There is a CanBus computer that controls the parking brake, speed signal, accessory 12v, illumination, and so on. Obviously, I didn't connect the parking brake wire from the HU to the corresponding wire on the Connects2 harness since it is currently connected to ground. But is it possible that the CanBus is somehow creating an issue that does not allow the bypass to work correctly? Or is it possible that this HU (which was refurbished) is somehow incapable of being bypassed due to something that Pioneer may have done in the refurbish process? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Does the firmware on the unit need to be the latest version for the bypass to work? This HU is awesome, but I don't know that I can live w/o the ability to program the navi while driving if I can't get this bypass to work. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Is it possible that the CanBus is somehow creating an issue that does not allow the bypass to work correctly? NO

Or is it possible that this HU (which was refurbished) is somehow incapable of being bypassed due to something that Pioneer may have done in the refurbish process? NO

Does the firmware on the unit need to be the latest version for the bypass to work? NO

The only thing that will cause the parking brake error msg is the mute wire:

1. Not in the correct pin location.

2. Not grounded to the vehicle correctly.

3. Pin not seated completely in the connector.

Check and recheck.

• 3 months later...

mrbeefy, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for posting these pictures.

This needs to be part of the first post, seriously.

Step 1, push in small side tab

Step 2, lift up top section above the yellow wire

Step 3, insert a staple or paperclip into one of the slots in the top section to keep it open

Step 4, with needlenose, insert straightened staple into the bottom hold under the wire until it seats (maybe 1/2 inch)

Step 5, pull out yellow wire. It will come out with very little force.

Step 6, insert wire into new hole and push till it clicks.

Step 7, remove staples or paperclips and push the top section back into place.

I used a single regular paper staple and a single regular small paper clip.

2vcxsfm.jpg

359ziwo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just installed my z120bt. I am attempting the bypass, thought I had it all right, went out driving, video shut down and message came up about parking brake, I will take it apart and make sure I didn't make the hole in the pin to big and try that but is there any other suggestions? I assume its ok to bundle the ground wire from the deck, the ground wire from the ford harness (its a f250 if that matters), the parking brake and the moved mute pin all together or do I have to run a seperate ground for the moved pin and the parking brake by themselves?

Frustrated but want it to work....

I just installed my z120bt. I am attempting the bypass, thought I had it all right, went out driving, video shut down and message came up about parking brake, I will take it apart and make sure I didn't make the hole in the pin to big and try that but is there any other suggestions? I assume its ok to bundle the ground wire from the deck, the ground wire from the ford harness (its a f250 if that matters), the parking brake and the moved mute pin all together or do I have to run a seperate ground for the moved pin and the parking brake by themselves?

Frustrated but want it to work....

In this case, a ground is a ground. It is just a circuit. Sometimes, for audio, you need to be concerned about noise from other sources, but not here. Just make sure it is a good ground. Your issue is probably that the pin is not seated all the way.

Hey, got it working! It must have been the pin not connecting. Pulled it out, slightly crimped the end of the pin, put it all back together and never got the parking brake message and was driving around the block watching a movie and had all my phone functions.

Now I just have to figure out the other features on the deck.

Great site and will be back ALOT!

• 11 months later...

Hello,can you please tell me if you can bypass the f10bt the same way as the z110? and can someone post here a picture of the power harness.

Thank you

Yes, the F10BT is the same as the Z110BT. I don't have a pict of the harness. Search YouTube for Z110, or Z120 and watch the videos. I'm sure there are detailed instructions posted already on this site.

i have got this f10bt after a swap, instaled in my car (passat 03'), everything was ok dvd,all function in menu working while driving and then i restored it to the factory settings and now i can only use it to listen muzic, the only functions available in the settings menu are av settings. And i saw that in the power harness there isn't the light green cable used for parking brake, it was another cable that was grounded.

Can you please tell me the pin location of the light green parking brake wire,or the wire color next to him?

can it be a software problem?

This should show you how the bypass is supposed to be done. There are a couple other videos available. Or google "Z110 bypass". If you really don't have a green PB wire in the power harness, sounds like someone messed-up the bypass. I don't have a harness break-out, but each wire should have a lable. Also, you can still get the installation instructions on the Pioneer web-site, which shows the color codes of all the wires. However, it doesn't show the pin-out in the connector. If someone modified your charness, (removed the BU wire), you can likely buy another on ebay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7H0iJoEGNo

Here's a couple links on ebay with pics that show the harness. You can almost make out the green PB wire location

http://www.ebay.com/...=item35b8503e96

or

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4cfa9e249f

• 3 weeks later...