AVIC411.com

Hacked EZRider 3.0?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phew.......I thought I was losing it. Might as well disable the code for turn restrictions for the time being. Thank you Boris for searching that out. It's much appreciated.

Right... I looked at the bitmap itself, and it is exactly the same as the one in 2.0, which leads me to believe that at least in this particular build, output of the navigation.turn_restriction_icon phasemodel is messed up.

If you really want to see the signs, you could simply swap first and second images in turnrestrictions.bmp (I didn't simulate driving through intersections where only straight-ahead or "no entry" would be displayed, so not sure if those are messed up as well) and it will have correct display.

By the way... I drove with my Navigon today (latest Navteq Q2/2009 maps) and guess what... no speed limits displayed on Irving Park, Cicero, Peterson either. Only on 90/94.

er... wait.. i dont know if i even have the free space for such a file.. i would have to start using an SD card for the nav huh.. any downsides to this? ie.. slow loading?

You're welcome.

You could check how much free space you have on the flash and copy the bigger one over, if there's room. Going off of the SD card is a bit slower, although should be fast enough for what it uses it for...

Phew.......I thought I was losing it. Might as well disable the code for turn restrictions for the time being. Thank you Boris for searching that out. It's much appreciated.

Right... I looked at the bitmap itself, and it is exactly the same as the one in 2.0, which leads me to believe that at least in this particular build, output of the navigation.turn_restriction_icon phasemodel is messed up.

If you really want to see the signs, you could simply swap first and second images in turnrestrictions.bmp (I didn't simulate driving through intersections where only straight-ahead or "no entry" would be displayed, so not sure if those are messed up as well) and it will have correct display.

By the way... I drove with my Navigon today (latest Navteq Q2/2009 maps) and guess what... no speed limits displayed on Irving Park, Cicero, Peterson either. Only on 90/94.

Yeah, wait until you go on LSD, no speed limit there either.

I looked at the bmps as well. They're the same in both versions. What I was seeing on one street was no left turns for four or five consecutive streets. That quickly erased the possibility of image swapping. The one that bugged me the most were the false restrictions on I-94.

finished dling... it is a USA.dem that is about 260mb... do i just add that with the North_America.dem or rename the USA.dem to North_America.dem and replace it?

edit... also do i need to add this dem to an scripts so it loads it or it should just pick it up?

finished dling... it is a USA.dem that is about 260mb... do i just add that with the North_America.dem or rename the USA.dem to North_America.dem and replace it?

edit... also do i need to add this dem to an scripts so it loads it or it should just pick it up?

You can put as many or as few DEM files in as you want. Or none at all. They are not critical to the operation of the unit, just for showing terrain features (assuming you are driving through a spot that has sufficiently rugged terrain anyway). You don't need to add them to scripts or rename them either. iGO will load them as needed based on your location.

No downsides to deleting Canada maps (or Hawaii, Alaska, or any other place you are not planning on visiting). Of course if you do decide to drive through there one day, you should add files back...

If you do delete map (.FBL) files, you might as well delete POI (.POI) and building (.3DL and .3DC) files to save more space...

Ok so I finally got to really test the new teleatlas 2009.2 maps with a long drive today. An improvement is that it no longer displays King's Highway, instead, it shows the correct name: Macdonald-Cartier Highway 401. I assume it also fixes all other major Canadian highways as well. However, the speed limit on the highway seems to be messed up now. With the 3.0 maps, it displayed correctly with 100KM, but now it shows 161KM. This is 401WB. It also showed 146 instead of 90 on the DVP. Is there anyway to fix this?

... However, the speed limit on the highway seems to be messed up now. With the 3.0 maps, it displayed correctly with 100KM, but now it shows 161KM. This is 401WB. It also showed 146 instead of 90 on the DVP. Is there anyway to fix this?

Looks like is mess up miles/h with km/h (100 m/h = 160 km/h, 90 m/h = 146 km/h). Sorry, i have no idea how to fix that...

Have now navteq Q1 2009 maps on my avic f-700 but there are already Navteq Q2 2009 maps out. Google on Q2 2009 maps without any result. Hard to find :(

I don't think NavTeq 2009 Q2 is out, there the latest NavTeq map should be 2009Q1, and the lastest TeleAtlas map should be 2009.02.

Have now navteq Q1 2009 maps on my avic f-700 but there are already Navteq Q2 2009 maps out. Google on Q2 2009 maps without any result. Hard to find :(

I don't think NavTeq 2009 Q2 is out, there the latest NavTeq map should be 2009Q1, and the lastest TeleAtlas map should be 2009.02.

it's out, i have tried the 2009Q2 for canada and did not like it

I did my F500BT yesterday with the hacked EZrider 3.0. Everthing works great.

My unit is on 2.00600, what I did was basically swap the whole APL2 folder with the one extracted from 3.0 package. change the sys.txt to set the device type=PIONEER749UC. and have both the generical world license and my original license file in the APL2\IGO\License folder.

However, I did notice some minor problem, not sure it's because of the hack on exrider.exe or is because the mod I added from thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26206 last night. I didn't test this before adding the mod.

So you dont update to 3.0 to use the hacked ezrider 3.0??

My f500bt is 2.006 and to be able to use an 8.3 igo MAP, i simply replace the APL2 folder in my unit with the 3.0 package, change the sys.txt and replace the ezrider with the hacked ezrider 3.0 and add the world licence file in licence folder....is that all??

does that mean i dont need to update my unit to 3.0? and just use the hacked exrider 3.0?

pls help i am confused...thanks