AVIC411.com

Help me fix my sons almost bricked unit

My son was trying to install 3.0 and has almost bricked his f700 by deleting/copying/moving etc so many files that im not sure what files he has left or where they are located. I have the same unit that is completely stock and am wondering what can be done to completely wipe his unit and copy all that is on mine to his. I am comfortable with booting in test mode and copying my flash disk and then copying onto his unit. Will this fix everything he has possibly done.

Thanks in advance for the help

If you have exactly the same units it should work. Just put all your files into the bricked unit in test mode. I would leave the "user" folder though. Sometimes it creates problems. Let him re-configure his AVIC as it is used for the first time by setting language, time etc from scratch.

Good luck.

We just tried copying my flash disk and placed a copy on his flash disk and now he atleast has the radio function but that is all he has access to. It re-boots every four to five minutes on its own. It seems like just copying the flash disk from my unit didnt give him all files needed. We checked all other files in my unit while in test mode and they were all emty. What files could we be over looking that are needed for gps/setting functions?

Since that didn't work why don't you just try installing 3.0 again from scratch?

Effectively the update does 2 things, updates Windows CE (the OS behind the software) and the software itself.

Updating CE is always a good thing and you know the 3.0 files work (works great on my F700) so its probably your best option at this point.

And of course select the option to format when updating CE.

At this point I really don't see how you could make it worse.

Good Luck!

Unzip torrent file

open "IDT_v3.5" folder

copy "MY Flash Disk" folder to a SD card

copy testmode to SD card

load SD card to unit

start unit

should go into test mode

copy all file and folders in MY FLASH DISK from the SD card

to in the "MY FLASH DISK" on the unit

pull out the SD Card when coping is finished

restart unit by key or reset button

you needed to have a TORRENT downloader to use that torrent file to download the actual file you want. If you dont have a torrent downloader google Vuze and install the latest version of that. Now go to that torrent file you downloaded double click on it and it will start down loading that file. Once the file is downloaded navigate to the IDT3.5 file and follow the instructions posted above mine.