AVIC411.com

F90BT Post-3.01 Problems

So, I'm trying to pair my Blackjack II with my desk devel system after upgrading it from 2.0 -> 2.06 -> 3.0 -> 3.01 over the last day and a half. If I use the phone settings menu and turn Bluetooth on or off, Tel.exe creates a fatal application error and there goes the phone controls... If I do the hard reset (press for 5 seconds) and then once everything's up try to pair the phone, neither the "Pair from Phone" nor the "Search Devices" method works. If I remember right, I used the "Pair from Phone" method with my F90BT in the car (which is still 2.0). Aside from 3.01, the only other difference from IDT's "stock" X910BT image is that I'm using carver's CommonLib.dll for 3.0 to remove the Navi warning screen. Anyone else having trouble with the F90BT's bluetooth after the upgrade?

Also, the GEX-P10HD I had connected also went tits-up during the 3.01 upgrade process, shows a tuned station but no audio and won't respond to any button presses (preset, scan, display, etc). Tried disconnecting the thing completely and re-connecting it, and double checked the power supply (+12V). Any ideas?

Yep, backing out to 3.0003 worked for the Bluetooth issues, all paired. Sadly, the GEX-P10HD non-response issue still remains, but the same behavior happened to the P90BT in the car back when I went to 2.0 which is what sent that GEX-P10HD back to Crutchfield in exchange for this one. Guess I shouldn't be surprised. :roll:

hey hold on. lets see if we can help you out. i have the 90bt and got pissed as you r now. i just took a deep breathe and listend to the threads. man i know you r doing everything to the tie(as i thought i was) but your leaving something out. ok im running mods on my 90bt from 2.0 but it is upgraded to 3.01. i am running the speed cams, keepr22's updated 7-29-09 mod, and the one 2.0 is a red fire works theme. i swear mine did every thing yours is doing, just ask idt. i know after all my questions he wanted to kill me. everyone on here is great when it comes to help just ask nicely. heres a quick fix that i know works ive done it. go to the hacks/mods f seris section and read the complete 3.0 install then do the full format with the two wince ce chk. bin. then do the 3.01 upgrade, then your ready to mod. but do it in this order. it worked wonderfully for me. give me your email and ill send pics. my iphone wont let me post pics here?

Hey Gizzy69, thanks for the helpful tips, already went back and did exactly as you suggested (WinCE upgrade + format, actually formatted "My Flash Disk" before putting the 3.0003 x910BT image on it as well). Bluetooth works fine now, but the GEX-P10HD is just hosed (same behavior as when I lost my first GEX-P10HD when I upgraded my Suby's F90BT from 1.x to 2.0, tuner's detected but uncontrollable). I am considering opening up the dash on the Suby again to try the GEX-P10HD with that F90BT, just to see if 2.0 versus 3.0 or the desktop F90BT could be the cause. Might be worth it if I need to reprogram the SWI-PS steering wheel controls post-3.0 anyway (yay for preset tuning).

It seems to be okay for me but I have updated to 3.01 with Keepers mods (which are great BTW!) but I do not like the fact that the street label on 3D only show up when I am WAY IN regardless of the tilt (which does not seem to be in Keepers mod anymore). I have tweaked the sys.txt file to no avail. Also, I noticed that there was not a clipplanes.ini file in the newer version so I added into my common file as was in the V2.0 file system but still does not show the street names. Honestly, I liked my V2.0 better but these hacks are still in their infancy so I will ride it out a while.

The system does seem to be more responsive but I would not say it is "stellar". I also transferred over all of my color schemes but they will not work correctly so I am relegated to use the OEM Pioneer blue and red in the interim until I can figure it out some more.

Thanx again and keep up the work!

See, I have the GEX-P10HD, which works as expected, but my presets don't show anything but a number. Anyone have any ideas?

Sadly, this known limitation in the F-series has been beaten to death in the forums. Even with 3.01, the preset labels will be blank. Looked at the insides of my dead GEX-P10HD yesterday, it's just a few Atmel ATMEGA32L uC's and a TI DSP inside. One would think that the firmware in the uCs would support the ability to communicate the presets back to the HU (the presets are probably stored inside the uC's EEPROM or even flash). I may solder the uC JTAG connector down onto mine to see if I can resurrect the thing, but since it's the uCOM IC on the AV board that talks to the uC over the IP Bus cable I can't write up something on the Navi side to talk directly to the tuner... :(