AVIC411.com

Map (day/night) not working.

Here's the deal - your truck's electrical system includes a databus that uses data to digitally tell things to light up. You may have a hard time finding an illumination wire. The parking light wire will be brown and you'll find it in the driver side kick panel. Use the multimeter like bobsyouruncle said and make sure it only gets 12v when you want it to. In other words, if you turn on the parking lights and you get 12v on that wire, great. Then test to see if 12v is present when you use the blinkers and/or when the truck is running and in gear (when the daytime driving lights come on). If it's only 12v when you turn the lights on, perfect! Otherwise, you'll have to spend the money on a PAC adapter that generates the illumination for you.

P.S. - When you turn the stereo on, do you get a parking brake connection error message? The first few we've installed have been doing this even though it's all hooked up properly.

P.S. - When you turn the stereo on, do you get a parking brake connection error message? The first few we've installed have been doing this even though it's all hooked up properly.
I have been noticing this on my install, I had the installers check it and they said it is hooked up. They thought that the sensors in the radio might be detecting some sort of movement with the brake up.

I would purchase the PAC interface - try picking one up on ebay..... i'm sure it will be much less.

DO NOT USE A TEST LIGHT - the new GM vehicles use a data system and most test lights can send voltage back through the circuit and you can have Thousdand of dollars in damage - always use a good quality multimeter - its worth spending $30-50 on a good meter than having a $1000.00+ bill from your dealer to replace the BCU for your car/truck.

Also - you don't have an ACCESSORY (red) wire in the factory harness. Also - if you truck gives off a warning beep or door chim - when you remove the factory HU - you will loose that capability... so if you accidentally have your ebrake on - and you drive away, you'll never hear that BEEP the car makes telling you your ebrake is on or you have left a door open/adjar while driving away or if you have a check engine light or something notifying you.

You spent well over $1400+ on a navigation unit - buy the PAC interface or Metra interface for your truck. And honestly - $160 is a little high - you should be able to pick up that harness / inteface for about less than $100 shipped anywhere online.

Do some research and you'll find it - Metra, Scosche, PAC, peripheral - they're all the same, most private label the same interface under that company's name....

Also, don't forget you'll need a 40-GM10 antenna adaptor too !!!

Hi

I think I am having the same problem - firstly what is supposed to happen if this works correctly? Is it the same as the 900, as in at night the blue sky on the nav screen is dark? If yes then mine is not working as it stays blue all of the time? It is set to automatic!!!

May need to go back to the installer

Cheers

Paul

Hi

I think I am having the same problem - firstly what is supposed to happen if this works correctly? Is it the same as the 900, as in at night the blue sky on the nav screen is dark? If yes then mine is not working as it stays blue all of the time? It is set to automatic!!!

May need to go back to the installer

Cheers

Paul

On VAG cars you won't be able to get it working through the harness. You'll need an interface. Since you are in the UK you should be able to pick up Connects2 interface which will give you everything you need. Damn CAN bus.

• 2 weeks later...
... Please tell me where I might find a details Chevy wiring diagram? ...

On a side note I would suggest getting the factory service manual for your vehicle. Just make sure it has the chapters or supplements for the electrical diagrams. You usually can get pdf versions on CD on ebay for around $10 or check the Chevy forums.