AVIC411.com

Trip Computer on 3.0 (combination of NSEW and mikeinnj mods)

I was able to bring in NSEW's latest version of the trip computer into the 3.01 setup. I can't take any credit for it, bt it's a combination of NSEW's trip computer on the navigation (w/ the buttons working to go to the large view/etc) and a different mod from mikeinnj that has mute/off/ and 4 shortcuts along the top.

I need to figure out how to upload that large of a file (it says 2 MB max) though...

LINK UPDATED (8/3/2009 7:40 PM EST)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0kzmzwnw4i2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!! Now we know that works. Where's the text for the blue boxes? Did you add an on/off button for the blue boxes?

Good job.

wow - I didn't even notice the text was missing. I'll have to look into it (think I included it from the navigatemap_800_480.ui file) Wonder if it's a font issue - probably not..I'll look into it.

Adding the on/off for the boxes was one of my next steps in the settings area.

Thanks again for all the help!

~Ben

Thanks! Once you have the on/off button for the blue boxes on the bottom..ill def. give this a try! looks great

Added on/off buttons real quick. The only issue right now is the label not showing up and the buttons being over the radio/street name. Feel free to use or wait.

Attached are some pictures of the settings and w/ it on/off

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0kzmzwnw4i2

Thx,

Ben

post-33552-12872758089338_thumb.jpg

post-33552-12872758089556_thumb.jpg

post-33552-12872758089824_thumb.jpg

The lack of text on the bottom of the boxes is baffling. I looked through your files and the only thing I can think of is that maybe the bottom limits could have changed between versions, unlikely but you never know. I'm just taking a stab here as all the code is a straight copy over, try to change the valign from bottom to center or top on a couple of the code lines. Say for instance the txtTCA, txtTCB, txt1CA, txt1TCB code lines. I'd hate to ask you to move y value up since that'll require changes in the scripts800_480.ui.

I hope this winds up being a simple fix and we can learn a bit more about 8.3.

EDIT******8/4/09

On second thought if you didn't do as suggested above...don't, try removing the visible model from a couple of the text lines and see what happens. I think that may be a better way to approach it for now.

The lack of text on the bottom of the boxes is baffling. I looked through your files and the only thing I can think of is that maybe the bottom limits could have changed between versions, unlikely but you never know. I'm just taking a stab here as all the code is a straight copy over, try to change the valign from bottom to center or top on a couple of the code lines. Say for instance the txtTCA, txtTCB, txt1CA, txt1TCB code lines. I'd hate to ask you to move y value up since that'll require changes in the scripts800_480.ui.

Thanks for looking into this. I'll try that change and see what happens. I also made it so that it had a shortcut icon like this when the blue buttons are gone. That way it's a single small button to just to the trip computer screen still.

I am working on juust making it in/out of the bounds on the inverse settings of the blue boxes in the script ui file.

Thanks - I will keep you posted,

Ben

post-33552-12872758089883_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking into this. I'll try that change and see what happens. I also made it so that it had a shortcut icon like this when the blue buttons are gone. That way it's a single small button to just to the trip computer screen still.

I am working on juust making it in/out of the bounds on the inverse settings of the blue boxes in the script ui file.

[attachment=0]tripcompmapicon.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks - I will keep you posted,

Ben

Pretty addicting isn't it? Can also be pretty frustrating at times.

Updated link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ywzcqnbmqh4

This contains a button that shows up when you hide the blue buttons. It's in the screenshot on the right. This button shows both during navigation and not.

NSEW is helping me w/ the button issue --> going to hopefully post an update in another day or so, so feel free to wait (but no promises)

Thanks,

Ben

post-33552-12872758143345_thumb.jpg

post-33552-1287275814377_thumb.jpg

I'm running out of ideas - not sure if anybody else does.

I can't get the labels to show up for the trip blue buttons:

The text: AVG SPEED doesn't show up. The button works and the text shows up for the variable. Just not the text under it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

Got that last issue resolved (Thanks to Borris and NSEW).

All issues worked out - last one was the formatmodel tags in the text. I think I am done w/ it for now...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nj5jztgdyzz

Screenshots are the same as above, but now it says the text for the blue boxes when they are shown.

Thanks,

Ben

Good job Ben.

So when you removed formatmodel=1 it worked? Hmmm... need to put that one in memory bank for future mods..

My SD cards for 3.0 came yesterday and I installed it while the server was down. I really didn't want to but I wanted to solve this. I guess I will start playing with my old new nav unit. Damn, there's a ton to add. It's so plain right now.