AVIC411.com

Trip Computer on 3.0 (combination of NSEW and mikeinnj mods)

I already commented it out BEFORE I posted the code :( my bad. It was conflicting with the other text so I saw what to fix. I DO have another issue though. It seems that the last time I used the tripmeter mod (in V2) it still would not work every time. Just some of the time. When it does work it works great but when it doesn't the screen displays all zeroes...regardless of how much I "reset" the trip meter. Sometimes I shut the system down completely and re-start the system and it will still show all zeroes. Not consistant. The clock in the lower RH corner is working yet the time in the tripmeter(s) stand still...they will change upon reset but still remain frozen.

What makes this tripmeter do this? Is there a string in the code that grabs the clock? Isn't it supposed to reset upon power down??

I had this problem before and no one could help. I really like this feature but it sucks that I cannot depend on it :(

Thanx,

Bud

Hmmmm you look like you are having the same problem I am. When you used the original data.zip that Ben posted did it happen then?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm you look like you are having the same problem I am. When you used the original data.zip that Ben posted did it happen then?

I dunno. I added it to my existing mod. :(

What I was thinking is that you could copy your existing data.zip to data2.zip and then copy over Ben's just to test to see if it works correctly. If it does then its most likely something that he missed in the integration steps. If it doesn't then there is a larger flaw with the mod itself. I did this and it worked correctly which tells me that its just the integration steps. If you do it and it works as well then that should validate it.

I got it to work but I get this in the map settings:[attachment=0]ATT366795.jpg[/attachment]

..so, I had to comment out the "Full Screen Map" lines above it in the setting_800_480.ui file:

;
;
;
;
;;Trip computer Additions:

Looks like the screen you're adding the TC on/off buttons have several existing options. You need to compensate for that and move the TC on/off to next available spot. Just look at the preceding coding and calculate the differences. If you run out of screen space you may need to add the scroll bar on the left side.

I already commented it out BEFORE I posted the code :( my bad. It was conflicting with the other text so I saw what to fix. I DO have another issue though. It seems that the last time I used the tripmeter mod (in V2) it still would not work every time. Just some of the time. When it does work it works great but when it doesn't the screen displays all zeroes...regardless of how much I "reset" the trip meter. Sometimes I shut the system down completely and re-start the system and it will still show all zeroes. Not consistant. The clock in the lower RH corner is working yet the time in the tripmeter(s) stand still...they will change upon reset but still remain frozen.

What makes this tripmeter do this? Is there a string in the code that grabs the clock? Isn't it supposed to reset upon power down??

I had this problem before and no one could help. I really like this feature but it sucks that I cannot depend on it :(

Thanx,

Bud

If you guys read the other threads I had you would have seen that we have yet to figure out how to get a memory function for the trip data. Upon complete shutdown the unit will reset everything back to zero's. For people using the portable unit (F500BT) like myself have a standby mode that when used will display the data when woken up.

If you start messing to much with the existing coding you may run into other issues. All the "Y" values for the text in the blue boxes is set to the code in the scripts800_480 file. If you mess with them in one place you'll need to do so in the other file too.

If you post your data.zip, I can try to debug it a bit....all likeliness, I forgot a step (should have captured what I did better than I did)

Thanks,

Ben

Right on... Thanks Ben! Here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yomf5lzwcg2/DATA.zip

Actually you are going to need the bnt.ttf and DS-DIGI fonts if you dont already have them installed. Those are here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/my1nemkyjd0/fonts.rar

If you guys read the other threads I had you would have seen that we have yet to figure out how to get a memory function for the trip data. Upon complete shutdown the unit will reset everything back to zero's. For people using the portable unit (F500BT) like myself have a standby mode that when used will display the data when woken up.

If you start messing to much with the existing coding you may run into other issues. All the "Y" values for the text in the blue boxes is set to the code in the scripts800_480 file. If you mess with them in one place you'll need to do so in the other file too.

Hey NSEW-

In my case its not that its not storing the trip data. As a matter of fact I cant say that I mind that since a lot of it is nice to have specific to the current time in the car. What we are talking about is that after doing this integration into our data.zip's everything is reading 0. Always. As in it never starts counting time, speed, elevation, anything. Its just not reading the GPS data so it always reads 0. Here is how mine looks even if I am on the freeway doing 70MPH.

post-26802-12872758451738_thumb.jpg

..also, it will be great when we can get the min/max elevations to read "GPS.elevation" which is in feet instead of miles.

Thanx!

Bud

Look at my screen cap above... it says feet. Did they change it on you when porting it over to 3.0?

EDIT: Nevermind... I see that NSEW pointed out its over an elevation of 1 mine. I have not gone that high with it as I live at sea level. Thanks for the info.

..also, it will be great when we can get the min/max elevations to read "GPS.elevation" which is in feet instead of miles.

Thanx!

Bud

Are you trying to integrate this with or without the blue boxes on the map screen?

Regarding altitude vs elevation, I tried several different models to display elevation (feet up to one mile) and have not been able to get it to change. Every one I tried the unit wouldn't get past the start up screen.

FYI - I'm also running 3.01.

I, too, am running the 3.01.

Feel free to try the different variables and let us know what you find. I know you already do from your other posts, but it's great to try variables out and let us know (since I know NSEW has put A LOT of time into this). It's probably something funky w/ my instructions since it has worked by many modders/contributors for bringing them in...

I'll see if i can try your data.zip and see if I notice anything, but it involves going down to the car and updating (since I'm running a 900bt)

Thx,

Ben