AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great mod, thank you for all your work!

I have a couple of questions:

- is there any way to set the speed limit sign to European style (white circle with red border)?

- after the unit boots, the map starts always in 2D mode, even if it was in 3D when it was turned off. It used to remember the last setting before using this mod. Is there any way in having the map remember its last setting, or to start in 3D mode?

Thank you again for the hard work!

Any help please with any of these? Especially booting in 2D mode is really annoying.

I do not understand your problem. When I stop my avic in 3D mode it restarts in the same mode, same for 2D.

You use the sys.txt archive of IDT?

When you install this mod, have you deleted files PERMANENT_V1.sav, SETTINGS_LOWLEVEL_V1.sav, SETTINGS_V2.sav and system.ini in MyDevice/MyFlashDisk/User/UserData/iGO/Save ?

Yes, this is my problem: no matter what mode I stop the unit in, it will always start in 2D - and I like to keep it in 3D.

And yes, I did delete the files in the Save folder, as instructed by IDT.

The only change is that I'm using a slightly modified sys.txt, with some settings I picked up from various forums out there. Could this be the problem?

Yes, this is my problem: no matter what mode I stop the unit in, it will always start in 2D - and I like to keep it in 3D.

And yes, I did delete the files in the Save folder, as instructed by IDT.

The only change is that I'm using a slightly modified sys.txt, with some settings I picked up from various forums out there. Could this be the problem?

what i suggest is to use the sys.txt included in the download and see if it fixes it, if it does then we know that the problem is the sys.txt that your using

Hi IDT,

Is it possible to add to your mod a new feature on Full and Simple windows visual alert so as to cut only mobile alerts cams with a long click and show an icon specific to reactivate such alerts?

Can you tell me how to change the data.zip to add this feature?

for exemple

IDTmobilecamOnmute.jpg

i can but i seriously don't have the time, i'm busy working two jobs to save up

This additional feature would be really good yet.

like i've said, i have been busy lately and pretty much not have time to do anything, weekends suppose to be my time to rest but still i'm answering inquiries, request, bug fixes and other stuff, i will add it when i get a chance but don't keep your hopes up,

That's good suggestion, I'm going to try it and report back the result.

One more question: in the final fixed version, what's the difference between data.zip and dataeu.zip? Since I have an American F900 unit, but I live in Europe, which one should I use?

I tried the supplied sys.txt and the problem with starting in 2D mode is still there. It did solve the issue with default visibility distance. Any other idea?

What's the difference between data.zip and dataeu.zip?

That's good suggestion, I'm going to try it and report back the result.

One more question: in the final fixed version, what's the difference between data.zip and dataeu.zip? Since I have an American F900 unit, but I live in Europe, which one should I use?

I tried the supplied sys.txt and the problem with starting in 2D mode is still there. It did solve the issue with default visibility distance. Any other idea?

What's the difference between data.zip and dataeu.zip?

the difference is that on the EU it has the TMC shortcut, UK style speed limit sign, reversed housenumbers and the sys.txt was edited to reflect the EU device type and the TMC

Hi IDT,

I installed the 3.0 final version on a F500BT US model, but not getting the expected functionality. For starters, the mute and clear route buttons are overlaid by the battery status icon. Current speed/ elevation icons do not showup while navigating, but showup when stopped completly. Multi route doesn't show option to show the routes on map. Nothing major like reboots/hangups, though. Itried msn version, alternate version, regular version, formatted avic and reinstalled, but nothing fixes the issues.

Your mod mentions the device as 746 UC ins sys.txt, but I loose TTS when that setting. I changed that to 749UC and was able to get TTS working. Other than that, all the settings in the sys.txt of my device backup seems to be there in the mod. Can this cause the issues I have?

I didn't bypass my parking brake, as my unit is removable and I plan to complete the modding before installing it in the car. Could this be causing the issues I am facing? Any suggestions for fixing these issues?

Thanks in advance.

Hi IDT,

I installed the 3.0 final version on a F500BT US model, but not getting the expected functionality. For starters, the mute and clear route buttons are overlaid by the battery status icon.

AFAIK there's a setting to turn off the battery icon, so it's either you turn it off or you just comment it out in your navigatemap_800_480.ui,

Hi IDT,

Current speed/ elevation icons do not showup while navigating, but showup when stopped completly. Multi route doesn't show option to show the routes on map.

the current speed and elevation works that way, they are only visible when not navigating

Multi route doesn't show option to show the routes on map. Nothing major like reboots/hangups, though.

are you using the scheme included in the download? i already fixed the schemes to show the routes,

Your mod mentions the device as 746 UC ins sys.txt, but I loose TTS when that setting. I changed that to 749UC and was able to get TTS working. Other than that, all the settings in the sys.txt of my device backup seems to be there in the mod. Can this cause the issues I have?

i don't think so, check to see if your bluetooth is working though,