AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFAIK there's a setting to turn off the battery icon, so it's either you turn it off or you just comment it out in your navigatemap_800_480.ui,

I turned off the battery status in the menu and it no longer appears in the map window.

the current speed and elevation works that way, they are only visible when not navigating.

I would expect current speed/elevation to showup, wether navigating or not. It is very convenient to glance at the avic and know how much above/below the speed limit you are travelling. If it is not there, you need to check the car's speedometer to get the speed, which anyway is not as accurate as the gps speed. That said, can you please explain the reason for not showing current speed/elevation while navigating?

Multi route doesn't show option to show the routes on map. Nothing major like reboots/hangups, though.

are you using the scheme included in the download? i already fixed the schemes to show the routes,

I am not really keen on the multiplan and mentioned it only because I was concerned that I didn't install the mod correctly. Since most of it working as expected, so I can live without multiplan.

For the record, I did download the schemes and can see them in the map color schemes option.

i don't think so, check to see if your bluetooth is working though,

Basic bluebooth like, connecting/calling/phone book xfer works. I didn't test voice dial, but I assume it also works.

I noticed that your screen shots show car icon, instead of the default arrow. I didn't notice any option for changing the arrow to car icon, though. Did I miss something?

Finally, thank you for giving this great mod and taking time to answer my questions.

@ catastrat

Edit your sys.txt and replace by (verify your area exemple type="PIONEER746UC" for USA, type="PIONEER746EW" for europe etc) :

[device]
type="PIONEER746UC"

[interface]
skin="ui_pioneer"
default_day_color="COLORSCHEME~Pioneer Blue Day"
default_night_color="COLORSCHEME~Pioneer Blue Night"
tmc_events_icon_set="$tmc.spr"
small_tmc_events_icon_set="$smalltmc.spr"
show_kml_type=0
mapfontscale=200
show_exit=1

[rawdisplay]
screen_x=800
screen_y=480
class="landscape"
highres=0
dpi=250

[debug]
speedcam_enabled=1
skip_eula=1
enable_roadshadow=1
enable_buildings=1
restart_mode_in_file=1
traincrossing=1
show_lane_info=1 

[folders]
data="\My Flash Disk\User\UserData\iGo"
tts_nuance="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ScanSoft\RealSpeakSolo"
secondary_app="Storage Card/usericon,USB Disk/usericon"
usb_trackexport_path="\USB Disk"
storage_trackexport_path="\Storage Card"

[gps]
port=7
baud=9600
default_latitude="34.05116"
default_longitude="-118.24258"
log_base_dir="\My Flash Disk\User\UserData\iGo\LogData"

[2d]
show_guidance_arrows=1
show_guidance_strip=0

[3d_config]
roadsign_lines_per_screen=19

[local]
voice_key="Eng_us_m1"
default_language="english US"

[regional]
units=1

[dynamiccompressor]
compressor="1"
a0="56806"
thrs="24703"
ratio="8"
gain="8"

[timezone]
reset_os_timezone=1
multi_timezone=1

[map]
2dheadup=1
zoomfactor=110
3d_tunnels=1
show_oneway=1
3d_max_tiltlevel=8800 
3d_max_zoomlevel=1500 
3dcarsizemin=2500 
3dcarsizemax=5000 
3dcarsizemul=15000 

[smartzoom]
minangle=76
maxangle=85

[3d]
show_guidance_arrows=1
show_guidance_strip=0
guidancearrow_first_size=0.7 ; scale of 1st arrow
guidancearrow_first_alpha=16 ; transp of 1st arrow
guidancearrow_second_size=0.6
guidancearrow_second_alpha=11 

bad news guys, for some reason my unit just stopped working this afternoon, i brought it to the store i bought it from to find out that the warranty was only til october, my wife just got laid off from her work and i'm not planning on buying a unit as the budget is kinda tight right now, hopefully i'll have another unit next year once she finishes her schooling and gets a job, i won't online as often as before as i think i'm going to focus on looking for a second job, regarding bug fixes and request the only thing i can do is to look at the code and test it on the emulator,

bad news guys, for some reason my unit just stopped working this afternoon, i brought it to the store i bought it from to find out that the warranty was only til october, my wife just got laid off from her work and i'm not planning on buying a unit as the budget is kinda tight right now, hopefully i'll have another unit next year once she finishes her schooling and gets a job, i won't online as often as before as i think i'm going to focus on looking for a second job, regarding bug fixes and request the only thing i can do is to look at the code and test it on the emulator,

just sent you a paypal, hopefully that would help towards you getting a unit, not having you around here is like not having mods at all, i really appreciate your work and hope that this helps,

really bad news!!

Hi IDT,

I am shocked. First of all, as soon as I will be back in Germany, I will send you some money. But I am sure, that such a capable person like you, will escape this miserable situation soon! You could be consultant for Pioneer, optimizing their Development Unit...

Moreover, I suppose, that the customer service of Pioneer is a catastrophy. A couple of weeks out of liability and you are expected to buy a new one?

Anyhow, after my first and only contact with the customer service in Germany it is clear, I will never buy anything from Pioneer anymore. My company neither, since the chief of procurement is a friend of mine.

In Germany we say: If the water comes up to your neck, hold your head straight. Everything will work out fine for you, I am sure.

Hope there are not so many typos... Being on the phone it is not so easy

thanks to everyone that helped out answering all questions that i wasn't able to answer, sorry if i haven't been online the past few days as it's really been a busy week and i think it will be like that for a while as things just keep popping out of nowhere, here's another bad news, someone decided to smash my passenger window and steal my smoke and my lighter, how stupid is that? now i have to pay for my deductible just to get that thing fixed, anyways, if i am not able to answer any questions and someone know what the answer is please help them out, thanks you all