AVIC411.com

I hate to have to post this.

Well, it happened. Some time last night someone broke in to my wife's vehicle and stole our F90BT. I was hoping that I'd, at least, have the satisfaction the unit wouldn't work for the new owners. But, apparently that's not the case with this unit. Here's a tip for anyone buying this or any other expensive stereo. 1. "The factory alarm IS NOT enough!" We have a SAAB 9-7X and they broke both driver side windows, climbed in the rear window and ripped out the entire dash to get the stereo. Anyway. I needed to vent.

Same thing happened to me last year, I ended up getting a fancy alarm after replacing my f9obt. My new alarm will alert me when someone breathes on my car now!!

ps: they not only stole my f90 but they got my 160 iPod, gym bag and a bag full of new clothes I had just purchased at Armani. All this at 12:30 in the afternoon in front of the place I was having lunch!!!!

That really SUCKS! I'm about to put a new alarm on my F150, don't really trust the factory one that much...

Sorry to hear about your car and system...

Apparently, most factory alarms only go off if a door is opened. I guess they're designed to protect from the actual vehicle being stolen. You need something that has a shock sensor that'll set the alarm off if a window is broken.

Even if the car did have an alarm... I dunno where you live, but if you have a car alarm here and it goes off when they're trying to jack your stuff, they'll just smash up your car completely to "teach you a lesson".

That does suck a lot though.

Here's the kicker. We live in a nice neighborhood and the car was in our driveway. So, I guess it's more than losing a stereo. I feel violated.

i am sad along with you...... hope the thief gets his soon.

I wanted to install my F500BT so that it looked near factory. I actually had to reconsider because I kept thinking that someone would think its a full unit and rip my car up to find its really only an inexpensive GPS unit... so now it is installed in such a way that you can see the 1 inch thickness and I removed the "pioneer" moniker... hopefully the thiefs will see it as just a GPS and no really worth it.... it sucks that we have to consider these type of things at the top of the install list...... i hope he gets his soon

The good thing is…I just ate lunch and feel great!

But for real the good is that you can call your insurance company, and have them pay you for a new z110bt along with an aftermarket alarm system.

Don't you actually have to pay to insure the NAV system in order to get coverage once it's stolen?

The good thing is…I just ate lunch and feel great!

But for real the good is that you can call your insurance company, and have them pay you for a new z110bt along with an aftermarket alarm system.

Don't you actually have to pay to insure the NAV system in order to get coverage once it's stolen?

Yes... my deductible for theft or vandalism is $0. I <3 State Farm.

The best security is not allowing someone to see what you have. If they don't know its a quick easy 500 dollars or so, they prob wont bother.

So cover it up, tint the windoers, cover it with a visor a towel or something. Yeah they may say hmm what is he hiding, but they would much rather say wow look at the vehicle over there, I see they have this this and this.

An alarm really isnt going to od much other hten tell you somene has broke in, damage is done, and the stereo is also prob gone if they know its a high end unit like this.

Really gets to the point perhaps factory with a nav unit you take inside is hte way to go.

I find when alarms go off, I want to vandilze the car to make it stop. Especially when its 2am. I am fortunate enough to work place that have secured parking lots, and I live in a nice neighborhood. So maybe im just luck so far. But I also have a feeling its thanks to the fact I don't bump my system going down the road, and I cover it up when im not in the vehicle. I also don't keep anything valuable visible in the car.

Just my two cents, but yeah several times in the past i've had systems stolen. All of them had the stereo visible, I worked at circuit city, and I have a feeling some people in the audio department knew what I had bought there on discount.