AVIC411.com

What is the advantage of 3.0 or 3.1?

I haven't seen any explanation or details on the boards here.

Can anyone tell me before I put the effort into it, what is the difference between 2.06 or whatever that last update they sent everybody and the v3.0 or 3.1?

What am I gaining by installing 3.0?

Will I lose the mods i've done to my unit as it sits with the current latest updated version?

Will I have to start all over again hacking the unit once I install 3.0?

Thanx for any assistance and answers anyone can provide.

I haven't seen any explanation or details on the boards here. Can anyone tell me before I put the effort into it, what is the difference between 2.06 or whatever that last update they sent everybody and the v3.0 or 3.1?

What am I gaining by installing 3.0?

Will I lose the mods i've done to my unit as it sits with the current latest updated version?

Will I have to start all over again hacking the unit once I install 3.0?

Thanx for any assistance and answers anyone can provide.

You could try reading a zillion threads about FW 3.0 and features/benefits it offers...

You could try reading a zillion threads about FW 3.0 and features/benefits it offers...

Actually I did read thru a ton of these pages all the way back to when people were posting about 2.0 before it was released. Noone says in any of the 3.0 posts what the actual benefits are to installing it. There are alot of opinions posted that it makes their unit better but how it makes it better is not posted. ALso I have noticed in my reading that there seems to be a multitude of problems that people have run into after installing 3.0 such as there steering wheel controls and blue tooth stopped working. There are plenty of threads that tell you how to do the install of 3.0 and plenty of threads that adress the problems that have been encountered after installing 3.0 but the above questions that i have asked have not been adressed in the posted threads. Thanx for your assistance though.

All the negatives have been with 3.0 taken off the X series. We are just now getting 3.0 made for the F series so I would wait and see how things go. I am sure people will be posting about the good and bad when we start installing this official update.

This is the best comparison I've seen:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25031

Posted by JasonH...

Don't know about "bug" fixes though...

OK i sit typing corrected. This topic I did not read. But it's becasue the title does not really suggest that it is about the 3.0 update. However it is interesting reading and I might consider doing this update for these new features. I think I might just wait a little longer though for others to finish finding out what's wrong with it first.