AVIC411.com

3.0 Retail, Official, Legit install experience

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO nothing major with the update. Sure a tad faster response times, even bluetooth. I doooooo get presets toggle with my steering wheel. For those who have the Audi MFSW, if you press rather than scroll, the left wheel/switch, it will toggle through the presets on AM/FM. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you see it, toggling between presets is only one way. No up and down.

IMO nothing major with the update. Sure a tad faster response times, even bluetooth. I doooooo get presets toggle with my steering wheel. For those who have the Audi MFSW, if you press rather than scroll, the left wheel/switch, it will toggle through the presets on AM/FM. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you see it, toggling between presets is only one way. No up and down.

jgb, did what you did to change by presets do anything before the update or only after?

I'd like to know before I reprogram the steering wheel adapter.

Out of the blue my update arrived last night. I know some people received emails from Pioneer that the update shipped... not me. Nice surprise!

Anyway, I did the update this morning. Only problems were it failed at 5%, 87%, and 99%!! Luckily, pressing RETRY worked each time. Talk about a "oh $%&@" moment or three. :shock: I do notice the response time is much better, but I have not really tested it yet. Getting ready to go out and about so I will test it on the road. :wink:

An overall good experience for me..1 failure at 99% while "Data upgrading" on SD #2. Funny that the retry logic was built in, I wonder if it routinely failed in testing, what the backstory is there. Either way it carried on just fine.

The upgrade is painful in terms of time taken. 51 minutes start to finish for me.

The result, though, is the way the unit should have shipped initially, in my opinion. Very solid so far.

Just received my disk about an hour ago, and the first update with through flawlessly. I am updating the maps now with the second disk and I am at 98% with no errors so far. Just for some background I have never run a mod I have only had approved pioneer software and configs on my unit, just incase anyone was wondering. I have the XM module, and IPOD, Hard-wire Bypass. My unit is the F90bt. I will update on units functionality later when I get off of work. By the way second disk just finished flawlessly and it ask me if I wanted to keep my current splash screen, which I answered "yes" so no it went to an additional update screen. That finished with no errors as well.

Got my legal 3.0 upgrade today. 1st SD card loaded perfect, but I could not get my unlock code from the website. Called Pioneer tech support and got some flunkie who took my info and said he would forward it to the "Engineering" departmet. He said I sould expect a call back the middle of next week. I flipped out, why should I have to wait longer ? I bought the damn thing the first week of July. This is what you get for trying to do things right and not support piracy.......

I also ran into problems with getting my unlock code. The Pioneer website returns "Error Code 1 Input Device Number is not correct". There is no transcription error. I am entering exactly the device code the program is reporting. Tech support closes at 5pm eastern so I have to wait until next week to straighten this out. :x

I received my update today and was about to load it when I saw on another thread that the pass word generator was down and may not be up for a couple of days. So my question is will the unit work after the first disk of the update or do you have to complete the whole update before the unit can be used?