AVIC411.com

Official 3.0 Update fails

I tried to update my system with the official 3.0 update. The first SD card worked fine and updated the system to 2.1 I was able to get my password from the pioneer site and the 2nd SD card started to update. At 3% it failed and asked me to retry. It did this 3 times, then said to contact Pioneer. I researched the forum and found a back up of my unit with 2.0. I booted with testmode and replace the files and folders in My Flash Disk and rebooted. My system was back to stock with version 2.0. I put SD #1 back in and rebooted. It updated to 2.1 and rebooted. No problems so far. I put in the 2nd card and went through the password and card check, it started the update and died at 3% again. 2 more retries and it gives up and says to contact Pioneer. I go through the whole scenario again. This time I put the files from the 2nd SD card on another SD card to see if it is maybe a problem with the card. Nope, same thing, 3% and it quits. I'm not sure what to try next. Any ideas?

The only problem with the update is if it fails it doesn't say what it failed on. I updated mine last night, had a couple hiccups. Everything seems to work alright except for playing music off a USB drive. I'll have to troubleshoot that one over the weekend. It seems to take over the processor since you can hit the buttons, real and soft ones and get no response for a random amount of time but longer than 30 seconds with no repsonse then it catches up all at once. Will have to do a file by file check

I used the reset menu to update wince to the version that was included with the official release. I have downloaded the files to update the unit to 3.0 using the x910bt files. I plan to update this way and then copy the files from the official SD #2 card to the head unit. Maybe this will get me close enough.

I used the reset menu to update wince to the version that was included with the official release. I have downloaded the files to update the unit to 3.0 using the x910bt files. I plan to update this way and then copy the files from the official SD #2 card to the head unit. Maybe this will get me close enough.

Im not even sure how to get into that mode but if it works ill do it. Id rather do that then pull it out of my car and send it to gay pioneer

I followed the instructions from this post : viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25751, but I used the wince files supplied on SD card #2.

Following this, I am now at 3.0 and I have the new maps. I don't know if there is any difference in 3.0 and 3.1, but I will probably still transfer the official files from the SD card over to the head unit and see what happens.

This is ridiculous, I wait a month and pay for an official update that crashes my system when I could have done what I did today for free a couple weeks ago.

I still don't understand why the update didn't take for me. I guess the files on the SD card are corrupt???

Is there any one out there that is willing to upload there files for us? Im sure there is only one uniuqe file that we ned from our own cards and the rest are all the same for all of us. I think it would work but some one would have to be willing to help.

well thanks to any one who bekons the call

• 1 month later...

Pretty old post, but this same exact thing happened to me and my F90BT, SD #2 would crash at 3%, I think I read somewhere that the handbrake bypass may cause it but I am not sure. I did the unofficial 3.0 with the x910 files and everything except road names in 3D and my SD music "scans" or skips around all the time. Not sure what happened or why the official crap didnt work but I spent the money and all it did was break my system, what a POS! I would like to now what the issue was with this if anyone knows. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue - read error at 3% on the second card. I do have the hardware handbrake bypass, but can't understand how that would affect reading an SD card.

I did pull the unit out, and it is currently with Pioneer Canada. The support analyst was very apologetic, as I was the second caller in 24 hours with the same problem.

Should have some answers later this week.

I figured out that mine failed at 3% because my flash drive had 46 corrupted files that couldn't be deleted, which in turn was causing some reboots and loss of data. Unfortunately that also somehow corrupted the small SDMLC drive that keeps the NN746UC image. I reloaded the NN746UC image only to find out that changed my machine code making my password invalid.

Does anyone know how to change the machine code?

Well despite my unit’s issues it is now up and running fully with the X-Series 3.01 software so that was a $99 learning experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Pioneer Canada says there was nothing wrong with the SD upgrade cards. They will restore the unit then will do the upgrade, but are charging me for 1 hour labour.

Support guy says someone must have hacked the unit, causing the upgrade to fail. Totally sucks because I can't prove anything.

Hope it fails when they do it!

I also purchased the 3.0 update and could not get it to work after I had already gotten my device ID and password. I then said 'to hell with it' and installed the hacked version hich works like a charm. I contacted Pioneer and told them what I did. They said it was no big deal as I have already got a device ID and password and the hacked version is identical to the update. I will just need the device ID and password for when I update the firmware again. So, my suggestion to you is to upload the hacked version! All will be good

I also purchased the 3.0 update and could not get it to work after I had already gotten my device ID and password. I then said 'to hell with it' and installed the hacked version hich works like a charm. I contacted Pioneer and told them what I did. They said it was no big deal as I have already got a device ID and password and the hacked version is identical to the update. I will just need the device ID and password for when I update the firmware again. So, my suggestion to you is to upload the hacked version! All will be good

you win one free internet. I decided to give your advice a try and download the update hack and do it manually. It worked, unit is faster than ever with updated maps. I'm glad I didn't send it to those "professionals" at Pioneer for them to charge me for an out-of-warranty repair caused by their defective update.

Pioneer Canada says there was nothing wrong with the SD upgrade cards. They will restore the unit then will do the upgrade, but are charging me for 1 hour labour.

Support guy says someone must have hacked the unit, causing the upgrade to fail. Totally sucks because I can't prove anything.

Hope it fails when they do it!

Well, Pioneer Canada said the upgrade worked without an issue once they re-imaged the unit. Charged for 1 hour of labour, but the vendor that I bought the unit from "made it right".