AVIC411.com

Trip Computer question

I added the trio computer to my system (running 3.01) and everthing is working great except the on map trip data always shows on the map....even when I set it to off on the map settings. I'm sure I missing some code along the way but I have no idea what it is. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added the trio computer to my system (running 3.01) and everthing is working great except the on map trip data always shows on the map....even when I set it to off on the map settings. I'm sure I missing some code along the way but I have no idea what it is. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help

check the variable you used, if the variable you declared doesn't have a ' example' then on navigatemap.ui when it call for the variable it shouldn't have th ' example '

The variables I used did not have the quotes around it but I'm not totally sure what to compare it to. Can you be kind enough to post the text you are talking about.

Appreciate the help.

i'm not sure how they are set up on your's but if i were to set up a setting this is the way i would do it,

here's an example of a code i'm using for turn restriction

in my setting_800_480.ui i created a setting for the turn restriction on/off

i declared a variable on the header part

and then added this code on the layer i wanted it to be in

and in created a script in navigatemap.ui

and added this code on my st_navigatemap just at the end of script init

run sc_roadsignshow

what that would do is whenever your in the navi screen it will automatically run the script and check if you have it set on on or off and do the actions necessary

Thanks for the help

I'm curious, from what zip did you get the files to add the trip computer? Also, did you try running that zip first to see how it functions?

There's similar codes like IDT suggested for the on/off of the blue boxes in my zip that was posted for 2.0. Bsnively added a map button onto his for when the on-screen trip boxes are off and the code differs slightly. diaftia added a trip box to the quick launch buttons using bsnivelys button image. They all have something different about them that may effect the on/off switch.

Just for the hell of it, did you try to initiate the on/off action after you had a gps signal? If you tried it without a signal, give it a shot with the signal and report back what happens.

I took the mod from bsnively's post and added it to my system (form the directions he posted and some additional help). I would like to add diaftia's on/off button to the quick launch. Do I just need to add the line of code to the quick start menu innavigate 800-480?

SO, I made an attempt at adding the proper code. Here is what I added to the Navigate 800-480 on my quick start menu.

Now I am gettting the error message

FFuierror: Unknown object identifier

identifier =[sc_tripcomputer] script "[unnammed]" command O

Thanks for the help!!!

SO, I made an attempt at adding the proper code. Here is what I added to the Navigate 800-480 on my quick start menu.

Now I am gettting the error message

FFuierror: Unknown object identifier

identifier =[sc_tripcomputer] script "[unnammed]" command O

Thanks for the help!!!

If sc_tripcomuter is a script, as a name suggests, you can't .SHOW it, only run it. Also, needs a space before VISIBLEMODEL.

Still working on this with no luck. I added the following to navigatge800_480 page under my other quick launch buttons:

I got a start up error that stated the system was missing a . I've played around with adding layers with no luck. Here is what the trip computer section looks like.

Any suggestions?

;*******trip comp N-S-E-W version with route*******

;

visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='run sc_tripreset_confirm' usefocus=0

onclick='playsound "!sectionbeepB"' USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='nextstate ST_TRIPCOMPUTER' enabledmodel="!ui.vOnFlyover" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='other.tripcomputer.prev_trip, run sc_trippageinfo' usefocus=0 USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='other.tripcomputer.next_trip, run sc_trippageinfo' usefocus=0 USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='other.tripcomputer.pause_current'

onclick='playsound "!sectionstartB"' USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='other.tripcomputer.pause_current' onclick='playsound "!sectionstartA"' USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

;*****N-S-E-W's trip comp - no route*****

visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='run sc_tripreset_confirm' usefocus=0

visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid">

visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='nextstate ST_TRIPCOMPUTER' enabledmodel="!ui.vOnFlyover" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='other.tripcomputer.prev_trip, run sc_trippageinfo' usefocus=0 USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='other.tripcomputer.next_trip, run sc_trippageinfo' usefocus=0 USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='other.tripcomputer.pause_current'

visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='other.tripcomputer.pause_current'

onclick='playsound "!sectionstartA"' USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

;************ END no route ***********

Still working on this with no luck. I added the following to navigatge800_480 page under my other quick launch buttons:

I got a start up error that stated the system was missing a . I've played around with adding layers with no luck. Here is what the trip computer section looks like.

Any suggestions?

;*******trip comp N-S-E-W version with route*******

;

visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='run sc_tripreset_confirm' usefocus=0

visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='nextstate ST_TRIPCOMPUTER' enabledmodel="!ui.vOnFlyover" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='other.tripcomputer.prev_trip, run sc_trippageinfo' usefocus=0 USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='other.tripcomputer.next_trip, run sc_trippageinfo' usefocus=0 USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='other.tripcomputer.pause_current'

visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='other.tripcomputer.pause_current' onclick='playsound "!sectionstartA"' USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

;*****N-S-E-W's trip comp - no route*****

visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='run sc_tripreset_confirm' usefocus=0

visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='nextstate ST_TRIPCOMPUTER' enabledmodel="!ui.vOnFlyover" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='other.tripcomputer.prev_trip, run sc_trippageinfo' usefocus=0 USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid" onrelease='other.tripcomputer.next_trip, run sc_trippageinfo' usefocus=0 USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

onclick='playsound "!sectionstartA"' USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

;************ END no route ***********