AVIC411.com

Gurjon skin for AVIC

I have tried several options but the system.ini will not be updated for the master volume setting.

the value stays at 255.

When i change that value by han in both system.ini and sys.txt even hardcoded in pioneer.ini it will not be read from ezrider.exe

I have no idea anymore.

i'm going back to my default skin because i have not enough time at the moment look at it.

I also have these 2.

Maybe if you use the exitbutton the settings will be saved ??

I will try it later.

I got only two problems left.

1. It won't save my voice volume.

2. it won't save my smartzoom setting

For the rest it is perfect.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have tried several options but the system.ini will not be updated for the master volume setting.

the value stays at 255.

When i change that value by han in both system.ini and sys.txt even hardcoded in pioneer.ini it will not be read from ezrider.exe

I have no idea anymore.

i'm going back to my default skin because i have not enough time at the moment look at it.

I also have these 2.

Maybe if you use the exitbutton the settings will be saved ??

I will try it later.

Did you try to do as osmenog suggested: (do not forget 2 deleting system.ini from save directory (D:\My Flash disk\User\UserData\iGo\save) because it can contain some old informations...

Yeek thanks for the excellent suggestion, it worked perfectly. I added the following lines to sys.txt and now my soft-hack for the parking break speed is working fine:

In sys.txt add:

[pioneer]

parking_break_speed=255.0

hide_logos=1

Hope this helps others, technically I left the same lines in the igo8_generic.ini file, so I don't know for sure if putting it in just sys.txt is enough, but having it in both does work.

It does work to just add it to your sys.txt. I just usd this:

[pioneer]

parking_break_speed=255.0

No more warning about the brake sensor being miswired.

Also, tried installing an IGO8 TTS package and had the same problem as someone else. It says UNDERSCORE DASH UNDERSCORE THE NEXT STREET.... Pretty useless that way.

I didn't try the TTS package, but the standard TTS does tell me which side the destination is on. :)

Not sure how or who added it but wanted to say thanks!

Speaking of "you destination is on the LEFT/Right side" should be done thru modification to the command.csv inside the TTS Voice file. I don't think you are using the standard TTS.

Refer: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25147&p=182702

Could you post your TTS voice file on the net?

Thanks,

I didn't try the TTS package, but the standard TTS does tell me which side the destination is on. :)

Speaking of "you destination is on the LEFT/Right side" should be done thru modification to the command.csv inside the TTS Voice file. I don't think you are using the standard TTS.

Refer: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 7&p=182702

Thanks,

Here's the file. Samantha is the voice I've been using. The commands for arrive at destination on the left/right is near the bottom of the csv file. I highly doubt I'm the only one with it. It may have been in the pack from the upgrade cards.

Voice_TTS-nua-eng-us-f1.zip

Did any one else notice the home and work buttons on the find menu being reversed? They were on mine.

What I did was change a couple of things in the advmenu800_480 ui and the start_800_480 ui. If yours is reversed, try this in each file. Find this section:

;--gurjon - Added Home and Work button

You can either change the text of each button or do as I did and reverse these two parts:

onrelease='run d_HomeWork_OnRelease 0' enabledmodel="!mydata.favorites.list.@0.isempty"

I preferred to keep the home button on the left, but changing the text name serves the same purpose.

This reminds me of Yuri's skin in a way. The more you search and explore the files you discover new things. Try this for instance, press and hold the speed limit bmp, it'll bring you to the screen below.

post-24694-1287275882623_thumb.jpg

I have done that to.

Today i install the skin from scratch incl. the remove of the system.ini in the save dir. still no luck with the master volume.

The only thing i saw was that the "device type" in the sys.txt was 746UC and i'am having an (F900BT v3.02) 746EW.

Will this solve my problem with the master volume?

Regards,

Navigarie.

Did you try to do as osmenog suggested: (do not forget 2 deleting system.ini from save directory (D:\My Flash disk\User\UserData\iGo\save) because it can contain some old informations...

BORIS or anyone

So far I am enjoying the new skin, however I find the font for reading the street names to be a bit too small. Is there a way to bold it or perhaps nudge it up a couple sizes, I find myself having to lean in to read the streets a bit more than I like.

This isn't really a "problem" just an oddity I thought I would report. Normally during startup my splash screen (pioneer default) shows up until it loads the TOP MENU, but about 50% of the time, I will see the PIONEER splash screen for a few seconds and then it goes black, the system still loads the TOP MENU normally, but it appears that perhaps the 2nd splash screen isn't showing up all the time. As I said not really a problem just thought I'd mention it.

You could always use the line below in your sys.txt. it will put the street names in a bubble like the screen below. it makes it easier to read.

[3d_config]

disable_roadsign_navigation_mode=0

It will look like normal when you start up igo. after you get a GPS signal or simulate a route it will put the street names in bubbles.

avic_gurjon.jpg

Specter - I really like the balloon street signs but I had to go back. The reason being is that on the interstate none of the adjoining street names appear or the streets you're about to pass. If there is an interchange that shows. If you or anyone else knows how to get the street names to show on the interstate let me know what I need to change to get it working.

Thanks in advance.

I have done that to.

Today i install the skin from scratch incl. the remove of the system.ini in the save dir. still no luck with the master volume.

The only thing i saw was that the "device type" in the sys.txt was 746UC and i'am having an (F900BT v3.02) 746EW.

Regards,

Navigarie.

Most likely.

navigarie wrote:

I have done that to.

Regards,

Navigarie.

rwijnhov wrote:

I have changed my sys.txt (746UC to 746EW) and removed the system.ini from the save dir.

still no luck.

In testmode everything will work fine when i start the F900BT (V3.02eu) normal the volume is full ??? :cry::oops::shock::?

I saw this in the sys.txt from the gurjon skin wich is not in the standard version:

[modules]

IEXTERNAL_BACKGROUND_PLAYBACK_MANAGER="PIONEER_EXTERNAL_BACKGROUND_PLAYBACK_MANAGER"

IOSVOLUME_MANAGER="PIONEER_OSVOLUME_MANAGER"

IBACKLIGHT_DRIVER="NULL_BACKLIGHT_DRIVER"

I have commented these lines out but still no luck.

Idea's ????

Refer: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25147&p=182702

Thanks,

Here's the file. Samantha is the voice I've been using. The commands for arrive at destination on the left/right is near the bottom of the csv file. I highly doubt I'm the only one with it. It may have been in the pack from the upgrade cards.

Thanks for the Voice file. I briefly check the command.csv file, I see the "Destination on Left/Right" is added. Will test it out tomorrow.