AVIC411.com

Gurjon skin for AVIC

Hey All,

Just spent the last 3 hours getting the Gurjon skin going, took a few tries, and I actually didn't have sufficient space to install it. I ended up deleting Canada map to make enough room. Anyway it's on and it's running and everything appears to be fine except for my soft-hack for the parking break speed.

Boris's data.zip has the igo8_generic.ini which has the following lines:

[pioneer]

parking_break_speed=255.0

and I even changed the speed to be 240.0 which is what i previously used on stock 3.02 firmware and it worked.

But no matter what when I get to 16 kph I get the annoying bad connection warning and then all the tools disable automatically.

Has anyone had any problems getting the soft-hack to work with Gurjon? I tested the soft-hack under 3.02 fw and got up to 90 mph and never had a problem earlier today, so it's gotta have something to do with the new igo software.

I haven't tried it yet but perhaps the pioneer expects the file to be called pioneer_ui.ini? and so it isn't reading it?

Thanks

You may try to put it into sys.txt file. With this mod everything is more working like standard Igo8.3.2.

Here is reference of all the sys.txt possible settings:

http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewtopic.php ... 5&p=312882

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me neither...and I have tried! Just about given up. Also have the F90BT.....reboot, after reboot, after reboot!

Try your original ezrider.exe file. I suspect the one in the gurjon package is the hacked version. I think there are issues with the hacked version and some Avics (from reading the hacked 3.0 thread).

I had to add this to the sys.txt of the latest gurjon release to get the disply to show correctly. It was only showing the upper left hand corner of the screen until I added this.

add to sys.txt if you have display problems.

[rawdisplay]

screen_x=800

screen_y=480

class="landscape"

highres=0

dpi=250

I am trying it on the emulator. The error I am getting is "Failed to open ui_IGO8\240_320\loading.bmp". SO I added the above to the sys.txt and I get a fatal error. Where would I find this bmp?

ScanSoft under iGO directory is there. I installed TTS from 2.006 firmware again, still didn't work. I think this is nothing to do with Gurjon skin. It's something that is not working. How can I re-install the entire TTS/Voice module? Any suggestion? Thanks ...

In you sys.txt, do you have the correct device type? eg if you are F500BT US mode, you should have type="PIONEER749UC".

If still not working, you can try to find voice and language files from other downloads and just copy them to the /iGO/Content/Lang and /iGO/Content/voice folder accordingly. If you want to use Loquendo TTS files, like Susan and Dave, you will need also the related DLLs and the TTS_LOQ software folder.

I re-installed the original 2.006 firmware to get TTS working. However after I replaced APL2 with the 3.0 version, TTS was no longer working. Looks like some files were replaced that makes TTS not working. Any idea what went wrong?

Me neither...and I have tried! Just about given up. Also have the F90BT.....reboot, after reboot, after reboot!

Try your original ezrider.exe file. I suspect the one in the gurjon package is the hacked version. I think there are issues with the hacked version and some Avics (from reading the hacked 3.0 thread).

I had to add this to the sys.txt of the latest gurjon release to get the disply to show correctly. It was only showing the upper left hand corner of the screen until I added this.

add to sys.txt if you have display problems.

[rawdisplay]

screen_x=800

screen_y=480

class="landscape"

highres=0

dpi=250

I am trying it on the emulator. The error I am getting is "Failed to open ui_IGO8\240_320\loading.bmp". SO I added the above to the sys.txt and I get a fatal error. Where would I find this bmp?

Not familar with emulator, but from the sympton you discribed, I believe you emulator has a default resolution of 240x320, and it could not handle 800x480 properly. I would suggest you to make a backup of you IGO folder, and test directly on the device.

ScanSoft under iGO directory is there. I installed TTS from 2.006 firmware again, still didn't work. I think this is nothing to do with Gurjon skin. It's something that is not working. How can I re-install the entire TTS/Voice module? Any suggestion? Thanks ...

In you sys.txt, do you have the correct device type? eg if you are F500BT US mode, you should have type="PIONEER749UC".

If still not working, you can try to find voice and language files from other downloads and just copy them to the /iGO/Content/Lang and /iGO/Content/voice folder accordingly. If you want to use Loquendo TTS files, like Susan and Dave, you will need also the related DLLs and the TTS_LOQ software folder.

I re-installed the original 2.006 firmware to get TTS working. However after I replaced APL2 with the 3.0 version, TTS was no longer working. Looks like some files were replaced that makes TTS not working. Any idea what went wrong?

1) make sure you have the correct device type setup in the sys.txt file.

2) put your original license file into License folder, in your case, you should have two license files: your original license file and the generic world license file

If you still having problem, post back I will try to post my Voice and Language files to my internet share

2) put your original license file into License folder, in your case, you should have two license files: your original license file and the generic world license file

If you still having problem, post back I will try to post my Voice and Language files to my internet share

I checked again. Yes, indeed I have those setup. Still TTS doesn't work.

1) [device]

type="PIONEER749UC"

2) Two License files

Appreciate your help.

1) [device]

type="PIONEER749UC"

2) Two License files

Appreciate your help.

When I say the original license file, I mean the one from your original backup, not the one from the x910bt 3.0 package.

Anyway, I will upload my language pack to my share (see at Page 4), you can check there in a about one hour or so.

Susan and Dave high quality TTS is in 84MB package, you don't need this package if you only want Samantha TTS.

You may try to put it into sys.txt file. With this mod everything is more working like standard Igo8.3.2.

Here is reference of all the sys.txt possible settings:

http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewtopic.php ... 5&p=312882

Yeek thanks for the excellent suggestion, it worked perfectly. I added the following lines to sys.txt and now my soft-hack for the parking break speed is working fine:

In sys.txt add:

[pioneer]

parking_break_speed=255.0

hide_logos=1

Hope this helps others, technically I left the same lines in the igo8_generic.ini file, so I don't know for sure if putting it in just sys.txt is enough, but having it in both does work.

BORIS or anyone

So far I am enjoying the new skin, however I find the font for reading the street names to be a bit too small. Is there a way to bold it or perhaps nudge it up a couple sizes, I find myself having to lean in to read the streets a bit more than I like.

This isn't really a "problem" just an oddity I thought I would report. Normally during startup my splash screen (pioneer default) shows up until it loads the TOP MENU, but about 50% of the time, I will see the PIONEER splash screen for a few seconds and then it goes black, the system still loads the TOP MENU normally, but it appears that perhaps the 2nd splash screen isn't showing up all the time. As I said not really a problem just thought I'd mention it.

BORIS or anyone

So far I am enjoying the new skin, however I find the font for reading the street names to be a bit too small. Is there a way to bold it or perhaps nudge it up a couple sizes, I find myself having to lean in to read the streets a bit more than I like.

This isn't really a "problem" just an oddity I thought I would report. Normally during startup my splash screen (pioneer default) shows up until it loads the TOP MENU, but about 50% of the time, I will see the PIONEER splash screen for a few seconds and then it goes black, the system still loads the TOP MENU normally, but it appears that perhaps the 2nd splash screen isn't showing up all the time. As I said not really a problem just thought I'd mention it.

For 2D map, change

[interface]

mapfontscale=120

to some other value. For 3D map play with

[3d_config]

roadsign_lines_per_screen=14

Smaller values give you bigger font.

BORIS or anyone

You could always use the line below in your sys.txt. it will put the street names in a bubble like the screen below. it makes it easier to read.

[3d_config]

disable_roadsign_navigation_mode=0

It will look like normal when you start up igo. after you get a GPS signal or simulate a route it will put the street names in bubbles.

avic_gurjon.jpg

1) [device]

type="PIONEER749UC"

2) Two License files

Appreciate your help.

When I say the original license file, I mean the one from your original backup, not the one from the x910bt 3.0 package.

Anyway, I will upload my language pack to my share (see at Page 4), you can check there in a about one hour or so.

Susan and Dave high quality TTS is in 84MB package, you don't need this package if you only want Samantha TTS.

Thanks, yeek. Just to confirm that the original 200.6 firmware license is needed to make TTS work. Now there are three licenses in the folder and they are in no conflict. :D:D:D

Thanks, yeek. Just to confirm that the original 200.6 firmware license is needed to make TTS work. Now there are three licenses in the folder and they are in no conflict. :D:D:D

Good to know. That just means the EZRider.exe is not fully hacked, at least not for the TTS part.