AVIC411.com

Gurjon skin for AVIC

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This whole thing is very complicated and has so much to it. I thought Yuri's had a ton of settings and it does in its own right, but this has even more. Once you play around and get the settings set it works pretty good.

For those having problems installing it, it is a little complicated. Don't feel bad if it doesn't work right off the bat.

Here's a few things I did to get it working:

I used the sys txt from my 3.01 upgrade and modified it a little. In the [iNTERFACE] section comment out skin="ui_pioneer". To comment out means to put a semi-colon before the text. As I reported earlier the two parts referencing tmc in the zip was calling on spr's and in turn the spr's are calling on pioneer bmp's. Those lines need to be commented out as well. Here's the part of the interface section in my sys txt with the changes already made.

[interface]

;skin="ui_pioneer"

skin="ui_igo8"

theme="skin\GJ6.9.2p_800x480.zip"

default_day_color="COLORSCHEME~Pioneer Blue Day"

default_night_color="COLORSCHEME~Pioneer Blue Night"

;tmc_events_icon_set="$tmc2.spr"

;small_tmc_events_icon_set="$smalltmc2.spr"

In addition to the interface section add these two items ionto the sys txt:

[themechanger]

work_dir="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo"

mortscript="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\themechanger\MortScript.exe"

[3dcar]

work_dir="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo" ;???? ?? ????? 3DCars

I added these to end of the file, though I doubt it matters where you put it as long as it's not in another section.

Copy over all the files except the sys txt that came with the download into the IGO folder. I choose to over write files with the same name. Next over write the existing sys txt with the modified sys txt that includes the setting from above.

Boot it up and pray.

After I played with the setting and the voice setting I came to the realization that the navigate voices and beeps did not work. I downloaded the file yeeks listed a few posts before this. Install only the data.zip into the unit, over writing the one the came with the gurjon download file. That data zip did solve the voice problem I was having.

Went for a drive and got the shit scared out of me when I was approaching a speed camera alera. The default was a siren that was recorded at a very high level. Luckily if you touch the camera sybol on the map it'll shut off until the next warning. There was also a Russian gentleman speaking to me. I can only assume he was warning me of a 45 mph camera ahead, but he may have said more as it seemed to be a few sentences long. When I got home I installed some English female voices I had on my PC. I had downloaded them back in February from an IGO site and never tried to get them to work pre 3.0. Luckily I kept them. I'll attach them here for those that want to use them. These will be installed into the audio folder. I believe this women is a Brit though, even though the file names begin with EN_. EDIT: The file is too big to install on this site. Here's a download link for them: http://www.mediafire.com/?w2zzximmmww

I put back my Teleatlas maps and have speed data in about 95% of the places I travel in my area. When you're over the limit the text color turns red until you slow down under the limit. If you're like me and have tendency to over most of the time you might want to adjust the warning to higher percentage. Also, play with the different beeps to choose one that annoys you the least.

I tried the skinchanger and I don't think it's working on my unit. I put in an older gurjon zip and it recognized it, but I don't know the differences between the two to know for sure. I also put in a kikker zip and it recognized that one too, but I know that didn't work as the layout on the kikker zip is totally different than gurjon's. I also tried default, which would be the basic IGO zip and that didn't work.

Schemes: If you have any schemes on your unit you need to delete them. If you used the over write method to install this you should delete any of your schemes except the four Pioneer schemes that were modified for this. They won't work unless you go into each one and change all references from "ui_pioneer" to $skin or to "ui_igo open one up from the download pack and see how they did theirs. Also, if you convert on your existing schemes you need to be sure you have all the required bmp's installed in the gfx folder or you'll throw an error.

Regarding Bluetooth. In visual settings/more options on page 2 make sure to have "Show Phone on Cockpit" unchecked. For bluetooth you'll use it the same way as before, through the main menu. If check that box, you'll get an error.

Going back to other zips will be much more complicated. I wanted to try out IDT's zip and I repalced the sys txt and the data zip in the IGO folder. It wouldn't load. I got some error about an IGO file I was missing. I'm hoping there's an easy way to go back other than deleting it all and re-installing all the Pioneer files again. Skinchanger won't work for any of our zips unless each one is written as IGO and that's way too time consuming to do and the failure rate is too high to attempt.

Installed on a US F500BT. Hope this helps. Oh yeah, I forgot one thing, GOOD LUCK

how's the external application working? is it doing a great job? haven't had the time to try this mod out but maybe in the next couple of days,

This one?

I tried the skinchanger and I don't think it's working on my unit. I put in an older gurjon zip and it recognized it, but I don't know the differences between the two to know for sure. I also put in a kikker zip and it recognized that one too, but I know that didn't work as the layout on the kikker zip is totally different than gurjon's. I also tried default, which would be the basic IGO zip and that didn't work.

Think hard before installing it. Emulate it first. I didn't. I haven't figured out a way to easily go back. I wanted to give your zip a try with re-arrangement of the TC boxes.

how's the external application working? is it doing a great job? haven't had the time to try this mod out but maybe in the next couple of days,

This one?

Think hard before installing it. Emulate it first. I didn't. I haven't figured out a way to easily go back. I wanted to give your zip a try with re-arrangement of the TC boxes.

thanks for the tip bro

For firmware 3:

Working (well, mostly) Gurjon 6.9.2 skin with tons of goodies.

http://www.4shared.com/file/126520728/f1c4b8f2/iGO.html

I'd suggest running it in emulator first. Just add maps and your preferred language file...

BorisM,

Thank you very much for this that it is really more than you says. Looking of the content of the zip attached, it seems to me (sorry, on this moment I have no AVIC -stolen- to check it) that now it is possible to run integrately the commercial iGO8.3 with all the Pioneer suite without need to use leetlauncher and the content includes the gurjon skin ready to work.

If I understand well, we can put any other iGO skins (see http://www.igo-8.com) on the ....\content\skin folder and select it to work. For example we can use also the skin created by the forum user specter or any other (please enssure that the skin is for 800x480 before to try). So this allow us to use all the whide range of iGO8 skins and even customize any of these skins

Nevertheless gurjon skin is my best choice and it is the result of a continuous work of several people over the last year. Some of the features very important for me are:

• - It is possible the skin that give more data maintaining really good visibility on its design; For example for me is really good to have the height over the sea on the upper right corner.
    - It is possible to configure it on almost every desireable option: i.e. you can decide what it is shown and what not, if the items are transparent or not (and even at what transparency degree). On its page it is somehat described (manual are not totally updated) all the incorporated features
    - They have incorporated the "half patches" tecnicque that allow to the user decide what of the improved features availables implemented separately are used (the advantage is that the non-used do not waste our CPU memory). It is interesting to note that there is a half patch that allow you to call other external programs from the iGO8.
    - The skin together to the half patches offers even all the possible additional feature available up to date (multiroute, fuel consumption, external programs, map changer, etc..)
    - Skin development is open, so the skin group allow to other to create specific half patches according to its needs (for instance there are some specific for iPAQ31x).
    - A part of the gurjon group works directly on 800x480 size (mainly for iPAQ31X that shares CPU with AVIC). As the size of the text is optimised for 4.3" screen the use on AVICs 5.8" gives a really god visibility.

So thanks again and looking to have again an AVIC F-series to test it.

This whole thing is very complicated and has so much to it. I thought Yuri's had a ton of settings and it does in its own right, but this has even more. Once you play around and get the settings set it works pretty good.

For those having problems installing it, it is a little complicated. Don't feel bad if it doesn't work right off the bat.

Here's a few things I did to get it working:

I used the sys txt from my 3.01 upgrade and modified it a little. In the [iNTERFACE] section comment out skin="ui_pioneer". To comment out means to put a semi-colon before the text. As I reported earlier the two parts referencing tmc in the zip was calling on spr's and in turn the spr's are calling on pioneer bmp's. Those lines need to be commented out as well. Here's the part of the interface section in my sys txt with the changes already made.

[interface]

;skin="ui_pioneer"

skin="ui_igo8"

theme="skin\GJ6.9.2p_800x480.zip"

default_day_color="COLORSCHEME~Pioneer Blue Day"

default_night_color="COLORSCHEME~Pioneer Blue Night"

;tmc_events_icon_set="$tmc2.spr"

;small_tmc_events_icon_set="$smalltmc2.spr"

In addition to the interface section add these two items ionto the sys txt:

[themechanger]

work_dir="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo"

[3dcar]

work_dir="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo" ;???? ?? ????? 3DCars

I added these to end of the file, though I doubt it matters where you put it as long as it's not in another section.

Copy over all the files except the sys txt that came with the download into the IGO folder. I choose to over write files with the same name. Next over write the existing sys txt with the modified sys txt that includes the setting from above.

Boot it up and pray.

Installed on a US F500BT. Hope this helps. Oh yeah, I forgot one thing, GOOD LUCK

Hi

I have tried this and I still have trouble booting. The AVIC just says starting the system for few minutes and then reboots.

I have tried boris's method without sys.txt changes and its the same result.

N-S-E-W/Boris, can you folks upload your working Igo.zip without the maps, poi, building content? Btw, I am trying this on F90BT with the 3.0 version.

Thanks

-M

You can download new speedcamera voices here. any of these files will work.

http://www.igo8mods.com/dimka_download.htm#voices

Here is a user manual for the gurjon skin. it is a little outdated.

http://www.gurjon.com/download/index.php?dir=MANUAL/&file=gj_5.x_skin_manual_EN_v2.pdf

Someone asked about using other skins... You won't be able to just download an 800x480 skin and use it. The gurjon skin for avic has code added to work with an avic. other skins would have to be updated to work with an avic. So I wouldn't recommend trying other skins just yet.

Has anyone been able to get TTS to work on this release? I tried using the original tts files for avic and also tried some actual igo8 voice files but couldn't get any tts.

Also, I can confirm, on the F500BT you do need to use an igo8 data.zip file to get any audio.

Anyone with an F500BT been able to get the 3D cars to show up? It scans on mine but doesn't show any cars. I put the two lines in my sys.txt file but it still doesn't work. The themechanger is working however.

If you are using an F500BT with the optional amplifier, you will be happy to know that the sound will go through the amplifier and not just the units little speaker.

You can download new speedcamera voices here. any of these files will work.

Welcome back!

Thank you very much for this that it is really more than you says. Looking of the content of the zip attached, it seems to me (sorry, on this moment I have no AVIC -stolen- to check it) that now it is possible to run integrately the commercial iGO8.3 with all the Pioneer suite without need to use leetlauncher and the content includes the gurjon skin ready to work.

Not quite as easy. It has to be Pioneer's build of iGO, because it needs to call some Pioneer-specific functions to keep watchdog from rebooting the system. Also, author had to modify GJ skin in addition to DATA.ZIP to make it work on AVIC. It would be possible to run other skins as well, but it'd take some work.

Hi

I have tried this and I still have trouble booting. The AVIC just says starting the system for few minutes and then reboots.

I have tried boris's method without sys.txt changes and its the same result.

N-S-E-W/Boris, can you folks upload your working Igo.zip without the maps, poi, building content? Btw, I am trying this on F90BT with the 3.0 version.

Thanks

-M

Hi.

Same problem with my 500.

Over writing the files, changing sys.txt, old data.zip.

Can someone post a how to ?

The skin looks awesome.

Thanks.

Hi.

Same problem with my 500.

Over writing the files, changing sys.txt, old data.zip.

Can someone post a how to ?

The skin looks awesome.

Thanks.

First time I tried it, it would load but would hang on SYSTEM STARTING UP. So I deleted everything in apl2/igo (after backing it all up). Then copied everything from the avic gurjon file into that directory. Then copied over the maps, pois and buildings. Then update the sys.txt file to the correct device. Change out the data.zip file too. then it worked. well, except the 3d cars and TTS.

Thank you for your post Specter.

Finally got working. I changed something from the downladed files.

Sorry, I have two questions... no bluetooth and no access to SD card for playing music ?

The skin is perfect, but I need my phone....

I´ll delete everything in the apl2/igo and copy over again as you told me....in a few hours, now it´s too late.