AVIC411.com

UK F10Bt in Audi TTS

Hi

Just thought i'd post up some pics of my new Pioneer F10bti - not perfect quality pics but will give you some idea

Cheers

Paul

100_0422.jpg

100_0423.jpg

Splash screen – just basic at the moment

100_0424.jpg

IPod Screen

100_0426.jpg

Navigation Screens

100_0430.jpg

100_0431.jpg

Showing IPod tack

100_0433.jpg

Night View

100_0435.jpg

Motorway Lane Choice

100_0436.jpg

FM Radio

100_0438.jpg

Weird, now this one looks like it has full RDS capabilities... I wonder if it is only the UK version that has this feature? Anyone know if a UK version is workable in North America? Just a thought. Excellent pictures BTW, any chance you do a video or 2 like what VBlue did? Your camera has excellent quality here. I don't know what you mean by your picture quality is not the best here...

I just checked the European Pioneer website and this unit does have a full RDS tuner in it. Why not the one in Canada/USA. What a piss off to say the least. I wonder if it is an option or they are thinking of including it in future years or something. Maybe a firmware upgrade. Man, I really want that I guess. It is one of the reasons I bought my Kenwood regretably so.

I guess I will just have to find out first hand I guess. I went to the European Pioneer website and looked at the manual posted for this version and it is quite a bit different when it comes to radio listening at least. It describes full RDS functionality. There is no mention of it in the North American version's manual at all. Also, the display that I saw in your vid was definitely different than what this picture appears to be showing. Now, maybe they did leave it out of the manual like some have indicated. Maybe you have to activate the RDS functionality in the radio functions menu or something. You were getting a radio station name so that is encouraging I guess. I can't wait until one of the guys up here gets one of these things in his board so I can give it the low-down in person. I have had a couple guys emailing me on here and kenwoodforums that are looking at this deck and 9140 and trying to decide just like me so I guess I am not alone. RDS has been a question brought to me too so I guess I am not the only one that likes radio listening. lol I do find myself listening to it less and less and my new ipod more and more. I think it would be even more if I could get the ipod control to work the way I want it to too. The Kenwood is definitely a little on the clunky side - the Pioneer looks to be better but I won't know for sure until I get to play with it in person. I'm like a kid before Christmas! Just wish I had the money now to do something. Wish I didn't shell out all that cash for the Kenwood site unseen and wished Pioneer got their units out quicker. Hind site is always 20-20. :roll:

I got a response to my youtube vid where I comment on the lack of full RDS. The response was that it does support RDS so I dont know.

I'm mrbluesteele on youtube. My radio displays title of song and the artist's name. Also, I know that some people had compalined about the am/fm being disabled when the HD tuner is hooked up. I don't have that problem per se. The fm/am is disabled, but HD takes over and nearly every station here in Chicago has an HD counterpart or 2. Those that don't, revert to analog. I haven't paid attention to whether or not the analog stations transmit RDS, but on every HD station it does, and you can choose between what kind of text it displays if more info is available. I'll post a video tomorrow.

To my knowledge HD Radio tuners always broadcast RDS info. It is a feature of the HD tuner not the Z110BT here. Now, the Z might have RDS but from VBlue's demo it does not or at least not fully. Now, there might be a button somewhere that turns it on. I hope to find out sometime next week. Someone's got to get one of these things in there board up here someday soon. I don't know if HD Radio would work here anyways as it is not available in Canada anyway. If it gives me the RDS function tho I might just have to get one for that if I do go the Z110BT way.

Hey garrettoomey. This is exactly what I have been waiting to hear from someone. Any chance of you making a video of it in action. If not maybe just a digital camera shot or two? I would be much appreciated. Is there a button that has to be activated for the RDS to work maybe? I am curious as VBlue's video didn't show much of anything for RDS. I wonder if there are a couple different display views or something.

I just went out and took a pic. It's VERY basic. It only displays a couple of letters at a time. For instance on a radio station (102.9) call the "The Mix" was playing "Take Me Home Tonight" by Eddie Money. The screen would update every 2-3 seconds and display the following (one line at a time) and repeat for the duration of the song:

PS: 102.9

PS: MIX

PS: Eddie

PS: Money

PS: Take Me

PS: Home tonight

post-9068-12872758909659_thumb.jpg