AVIC411.com

Has anyone contacted Pioneer Re: 3.0 Issues??

Bluetooth connectivity, black screens, crappy amounts of details on the map prompting hack just to see more than one screen, booting to off- even though you were listening to music when you got out of the car, poor VR on contacts and music (worse than 2.006), etc, etc, etc.

Has anyone contact and/or gotten a response from Pioneer? Any official fixes coming? Any explanation for the general ridiculousness of it all?

Did any of you own this thing back in 1.0 days? Maybe taht is why im so happy with it now. I havent had any black screens, There are mods for the detail on the map screen, I havent had any issues with voice recognition. What sort of music were you listening to where you boot to black? The only time that does it for me is if i start it up and the last audio source was my iphone and its not currently plugged in. Doesn't do it for XM. What is the issue with bluetooth connectivity? My iphone pairs without any issues everyday automatically.

There has never been an explanation for issues with these products, and I am sure there never will be. its like a black hole and stuff justs comes out. Their support is never any help and I doubt it ever will be. They are there for the illusion of help, they are not tier 2 or tier 3, they are barely tier 1, I am pretty sure they make minimum wage. Might as well put their responses on auto answer because any time I wrote them it was the same kind of dumb response.

I personally really like the unit now, do I hope they have more updates of course I do. But I won't hold my breath, especially for f series now that x series is out. Even though its the same software.

I tried calling earler to see how they would respond, and basically that representative I spoke to claims they never heard of people having SD card playback issues, and to try reformating the card, reinstalling the update, or send the unit in for service...

:lol:

Also according to support, the unit doesn't support charging of iphones. My guess is because it doesn't specifically state it on the box or on the unit website. Quite literally I think these people really are paid to answer phones and are given some information on a computer screen. They have no practical knowledge or advanced knowledge of the units and it woudl really surprise me if half of them even have hands on use of the unit.

Granted what kind of support do you get calling dell or whoever tech support for computers lets say? Owell what can you do.

only problem I have now is sometimes my iphone doesn't connect.(after the avic is fully booted up). and 1 time I was only getting sound thru the right speakers. I blew out the connection and it has worked fine.Im using the Pioneer cable

2.06 worked fine for me also. I haven't hacked or modded the unit, only have the hardwired bypass. I also don't use the VR so im no help there.

some friends say the bluetooth sounds like shit, but that may be their phone or isolated incidents.

even with having to pay for the update they should have just gave us, im about 91% satisfied OVERALL with my purchase and experience. I think I will just get a carputer next time. or shit maybe apple will make car stereos with real iphone support, itunes, etc...it could work :lol:

I too was quite happy with the 2.0 version. I updated and now I have a couple of problems sometimes. When the system starts the screen goes black on start up, this happens about two times a week. I noticed if I stop put the vehicle in reverse to make the camera come on, and then back to drive or park then the screen will come back on, but it is in the navi. settings screen and takes about five minutes before anything works, even the clock will be wrong for a while. Couple other things are that it seems like the phone connection time and the Ipod on time from start up is a little longer now, but they do work. I was wondering can I run my update again, or will that be a problem? Just thinking maybe some file is messed up or something during the update. It did lock up once during the update and I had to hit the retry button. Or is the black screen a couple times a week something I should just live with for now so I don't brick the unit.