AVIC411.com

dpdurst 3.0 mod v1.5 Final - updated 10/20/09

Ok since I have had lots of requests to port over my 2.0 mod I did so and added some new things. The port is based on the Pioneer 3.0 software update only. The only change I have made is to add new 2009.1 maps, buildings and left the 2008.10 poi files as is as well as added the high res dem file I had. I added the new EZrider.exe that is hacked and is available below, but did not change or add any new license file, still using the original from Pioneer. I guess this would work on the other F series but have not tested at all, your on your own for this.

I want to personally thank IDT who always answers questions that I have, he is a huge asset here with his mods and they can't be topped.

This is the final revision there will be no more work on this mod.

Changes update - 10/20/09

1. New icons for Street and Next Street

2. Pressing bottom street icon brings up TMC info if you have it

3. Better coloring of the cockpit screen, top screen and clock background so they match with transparency

4. Cockpit background bigger and moved distance to next waypoint there

5. Moved next street/waypoint on top to left side of screen next to junction icon

6. Changed Euro Speed limit for US Speed Limit and moved to lower right of screen

7. Adjusted all icons

8. Freeways signs now smaller and fit on screen better not taking up so much room

9. New shortcut icons on top of screen

10. New delete route icon and speaker mute icon during navigation

11. New schemes button, pressing this makes for quick change of day and night schemes now.

12. GPS status noved to upper right corner, click there to go to GPS screen

13. Colors for navigation distance first and second waypoint are now all white

Original Release - 9/17/09

0. Shortcut's across top of screen, disappear when route is loaded

1. Street numbers are permanent and can't be turned off - but will go off if not valid street address

2. Added new GFX folder so now you get stars, moons, clouds, sun etc

3. Added tons of new Schemes that have been tested, includes solid texture buildings

4. Euro style speed limit and Speed Camera show up on right side screen above house number

5. GPS status icon lower right corner

6. New compass that also will cancel the current navigation route you have loaded.

7. Added mute button while Navigation (v1.2)

8. On the lower left current speed and elevation when not navigating, time to destination and total distance left during navigation of route

Screen shots for day and night below.

img_3777.jpg

img_3776.jpg

OK so on to the downloads, you should already know how to use testmode to get into the unit, the download is below if you need it.

PLEASE backup everything before messing with it, just saves time if it gets messed up!

Files are also available at http://gpssoftware.us

Testmode files needed to get into the unit. Unzip and copy the testmode folder to SD card

http://www.gpssoftware.us/avic/30/testmode.zip

1. Hacked EZrider.exe for the 3.0 - unrar and copy to APL2\igo folder

http://www.gpssoftware.us/avic/30/ezrider.rar

2. The new Data.zip file for 3.0 v1.5 Final - 10/20/09 12:25pm - copy to APL2\igo folder

http://www.gpssoftware.us/avic/30/data.zip

2a. New sys.txt file that goes with data.zip file - unzip and copy to APL2\igo folder

http://www.gpssoftware.us/avic/30/sys.zip

3. New GFX folder - 9/30/09, unzip and copy the folder into the main APL2\igo folder -

http://www.gpssoftware.us/avic/30/gfx.zip

4. Tons of new Schemes unzip and select what you want and move to the APL2\igo\content\scheme folder

Updated on 9/17/09 5:50pm, now show textured buildings. Removed 2 that didn't belong, small size now.

http://www.gpssoftware.us/avic/30/scheme.zip

Updated Schemes II and Night Schemes available now 9/29/09 - Download, unzip and copy to your existing scheme folder. Download the new GFX folder update above #3, new schemes II are for all 4 seasons and should have the textured buildings, the new night schemes have new and more clear backgrounds for the following skies: clear, rainy, cloudy, fog

1. Schemes II

http://www.gpssoftware.us/avic/30/scheme2.zip

2. Night Schemes

http://www.gpssoftware.us/avic/30/night_scheme.zip

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there any delete route button available when route is present? how can we see the schemes and how they look like? thanks by the way,i will try it today.

Incredible..read #6 above? route is loaded press the compass button, route will cancel

Load the schemes up in the unit and look at them, that's what I did.. There are plenty for seasons of the year. Those would have the clouds, sun etc. There are ones labeled Moon, those will shows different moons and clouds at night. Others have just clouds and some have nothing but sky.

Note that I see this morning on my way to work, that house numbers work but appear to work differently with different maps loaded. What I mean by this is I'm running the 2009.1 maps and house numbers show up on major roads less than they do with 2008.10 maps. I'm going to look at this tonight and see what's up. also if you press the house number you get an error, just say ok, it affects nothing and they continue to show. I'll have to see what is up with that as well too.

6:10am

- I just think I found the issue with the error that shows up and also another small thing and will fix them when I get home to tonight and post up a new data.zip file.

David,

I've looked everywhere and cannot find a mute button when route is active. I thought you had included it in your v2.0 mods? Am I missing it?

Also... everything works great with the exception of the 3D buildings. They show up, but are all transparent. Any thoughts.

Thanks again for your help!!!

David,

I've looked everywhere and cannot find a mute button when route is active. I thought you had included it in your v2.0 mods? Am I missing it?

Also... everything works great with the exception of the 3D buildings. They show up, but are all transparent. Any thoughts.

Didn't put the mute button in, will take a look at doing that. Transparent buildings... I have those too. I think its a setting, I'll look for it.

David,

Didn't put the mute button in, will take a look at doing that. Transparent buildings... I have those too. I think its a setting, I'll look for it.

Thanks!

You mean buildings like this? They are fixed through the Schemes, I'll go through now and set them all so they have the textured buildings, will take a few hours so be back shortly..

-- Updated 9/17/09 6:50pm

All done the new schemes have been uploaded and they should all show textured buildings now. see picture in first post for what it looks like

Hi David,

glad you are back!

2 Questions regarding your Mod:

1) I'm in Europe and your schemes do not support TMC coloring, can just I use the default or own schemes? I'm aware that I have to edit SYS.TXT and may not get the nice Sky views you have.

2) When I use my old (but already 3.0) schemes should I leave the gfx folder and just replace SYS.TXT and Data.zip?

Thanks and have a nice holiday, I'm jealous as fall is coming quickly over here

Jörg

Hi David,

glad you are back!

2 Questions regarding your Mod:

1) I'm in Europe and your schemes do not support TMC coloring, can just I use the default or own schemes? I'm aware that I have to edit SYS.TXT and may not get the nice Sky views you have.

2) When I use my old (but already 3.0) schemes should I leave the gfx folder and just replace SYS.TXT and Data.zip?

Thanks and have a nice holiday, I'm jealous as fall is coming quickly over here

Jörg

1. Yep you can use whatever schemes you wish..

2. Yes you could do that, but I think the 3.0 ones I have are TMC ready for colors along with the GFX folder. I have no way to verify 100% however. Might try it and see what happens. You could use your schemes and your GFX folder or mine wth my data.zip and sys.txt

Thanks, plan on having a blast over there...

David

Fixed the street number issue once and for all, they work perfect now. Also added the Mute button. New version uploaded (1.2)

I reloaded the data.zip from above and also schemes. Buildings look great!

I've poked all over on every icon I can see and no mute button??

Where did you put it? I just don't see it? I figured you used an existing icon (like you used the compass for the delete route button) as a means to keep the screen clean...but if you did, you hid it very well? lol

One more thing while I'm being incredibly greedy.

Would you consider putting in a US style current speed sign (maybe above the gps icon)? And also displaying a US style current speed and speed limit sign while a route is active (like Diaftis's mod)?

I tend to rely on the AVIC's speed indicator as it is more accurate than the car's.

Just a thought...

Thanks again for all your great work! :)