AVIC411.com

dpdurst 3.0 mod v1.5 Final - updated 10/20/09

Hey, I love your mod, however, is there any way that I can get the 2.0 version. All links are gone and I got to many great mods to let go of my 2.0 version, so going to the 3.0 is not an option (esp since I have not seen any screen shots of the UI)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyone who has this mod running who has the (v1.2) version with mute button (as described on page 1)

The problem I am having is that even though Dpdurst said the posted version has a mute button when route is active, when I load it, I still have no mute button! wuwt?

I'm puzzled?

Anyone else have the mute button...or is it just me?

I love this mod, but will have to abandon if no mute. :(

Dpdurst is on vacation for 10 days...anyway, I really don't want to bother him.

I downloaded data.zip (v1.2) 3 times... reloaded, wiped clean then loaded again...still no mute?!

Thanks, if you can help! :D

Is there anyone who has this mod running who has the (v1.2) version with mute button (as described on page 1)

The problem I am having is that even though Dpdurst said the posted version has a mute button when route is active, when I load it, I still have no mute button! wuwt?

I'm puzzled?

I downloaded data.zip (v1.2) 3 times... reloaded, wiped clean then loaded again...still no mute?!

Mute button code is not present in David's" 3.0 - 9/17/09 8:55pm data.zip (v1.2)". I am sure it was an oversight on his part and he will probably add it when he gets back from vacation. If you want to do it yourself in the meantime I believe that you need to add the following code to the navigatemap_800_480.ui file ( in this folder - data.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\).

;277 Mute

You also need to add the "button_volume.bmp" and "button_volume_mute.bmp" to this folder (data.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480\). BMP's are attached.

I have not tested the above, but the mute code is straight from David's 2.0 version so I am guessing it should work fine. I am planning on doing this myself tonight and will let you know if it works.

Duane

button_volume.zip

I'm puzzled?

Mute button code is not present in David's" 3.0 - 9/17/09 8:55pm data.zip (v1.2)". I am sure it was an oversight on his part and he will probably add it when he gets back from vacation. If you want to do it yourself in the meantime I believe that you need to add the following code to the navigatemap_800_480.ui file ( in this folder - data.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\).

;277 Mute

You also need to add the "button_volume.bmp" and "button_volume_mute.bmp" to this folder (data.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480\). BMP's are attached.

I have not tested the above, but the mute code is straight from David's 2.0 version so I am guessing it should work fine. I am planning on doing this myself tonight and will let you know if it works.

Duane

Thanks a lot! Good to know I'm not crazy!

As far as dropping in the code you posted...I've never done it until now, but I think this is a perfect test case for me to learn!

Q: Do I copy and paste everything, just as you posted it, including all punctuation,< ' " >=... etc?

Q: Does it matter where in the file I drop it in...(for example, at the end after everything that is already there)?

Q: If I alter the .bmp file, but re-save it as the same name, will it still work? (eg: is the .bmp dimensions or size in kb essential to it working?

I really do appreciate your help!! :D

John

Thanks a lot! Good to know I'm not crazy!

As far as dropping in the code you posted...I've never done it until now, but I think this is a perfect test case for me to learn!

Q: Do I copy and paste everything, just as you posted it, including all punctuation,< ' " >=... etc?

Q: Does it matter where in the file I drop it in...(for example, at the end after everything that is already there)?

Q: If I alter the .bmp file, but re-save it as the same name, will it still work? (eg: is the .bmp dimensions or size in kb essential to it working?

I really do appreciate your help!! :D

John

John,

Use 7zip to open the achive; then navigate to the file location; right click the "navigatemap_800_480.ui" file and edit it. You will need to tell it to use notepad as the editing program. Paste the code between the STOPFLYOVER code and the new compass code, as below:

; the STOPFLYOVER command also stops other kinds of simulations (i.e. saved track replay)

;	
;	

;	
;	

;277 Mute

;new compass 

This should work, but I will test it tonight. Let me know how you get on.

Duane

PS: I don't believe that the bpm size or dimensions are important to them working; but I like you are a novice at this and really don't know. Maybe someone else can answer that question.

Duane,

It worked like a charm! That was too easy! :lol:

Now I'm feeling empowered...this could be very dangerous!

What can you tell me about where the code and .bmp files are for the "current speed" and "posted speed limit" icons are.

I'd like to change Dpdurst's to the US style found in Diaftia's mods. This will no doubt be a little trickier, though because Dpdurst alreadt shows current speed lower left with no route active; and Euro style posted speed limit when route is active. There is no current speed present when there is an active route, though.

I just really like the US roadsign style.

Can you help?

btw: thanks for what you taught me so far. I do appreciate it!

John

Duane,

What can you tell me about where the code and .bmp files are for the "current speed" and "posted speed limit" icons are.

I'd like to change Dpdurst's to the US style found in Diaftia's mods. This will no doubt be a little trickier, though because Dpdurst alreadt shows current speed lower left with no route active; and Euro style posted speed limit when route is active. There is no current speed present when there is an active route, though.

Can you help?

John

Hey John,

I am working on adding the current speed and elevation when navigating to dpdurst's naviagtemap_800_480.ui. David had these in the 2.0 version of his mod and I liked them. It requires having 4 boxes on the lower left so you can have current speed, elevation, time to dstn, and distance to dstn. I have been working on the code this afternoon and will test it tonight at home. I thinking my problem at the moment is getting all of the x, y, w, and z values right so that everything is lined up. I also can't find the code for the map scale to make sure I don't have things overlapping with it. If anyone out there can direct me to the code for the map scale, i would greatly appreciate it.

I am also toying with moving the current speed and elevation back to where David had it in the 2.0 mod (see http://www.gpssoftware.us/pioneer.htm), but I haven't decided yet where I will do that.

Re the speed and posted speed limit, you would have to look into Diaftia's navigatemap_800_480.ui file to find his code and then replace Davids code (which is at the end of the file). Here is David's code for the posted speed limit...it works whether a route is active or not.

; Euro Speed Limit

You would also need to copy the bmps from Diaftia's data.zip into David's data.zip. It is doable, it just requires some comparing of code.

Duane

Duane,

Can you help?

John

Hey John,

I am working on adding the current speed and elevation when navigating to dpdurst's naviagtemap_800_480.ui. David had these in the 2.0 version of his mod and I liked them. It requires having 4 boxes on the lower left so you can have current speed, elevation, time to dstn, and distance to dstn. I have been working on the code this afternoon and will test it tonight at home. I thinking my problem at the moment is getting all of the x, y, w, and z values right so that everything is lined up. I also can't find the code for the map scale to make sure I don't have things overlapping with it. If anyone out there can direct me to the code for the map scale, i would greatly appreciate it.

I am also toying with moving the current speed and elevation back to where David had it in the 2.0 mod (see http://www.gpssoftware.us/pioneer.htm), but I haven't decided yet where I will do that.

Re the speed and posted speed limit, you would have to look into Diaftia's navigatemap_800_480.ui file to find his code and then replace Davids code (which is at the end of the file). Here is David's code for the posted speed limit...it works whether a route is active or not.

; Euro Speed Limit

You would also need to copy the bmps from Diaftia's data.zip into David's data.zip. It is doable, it just requires some comparing of code.

Duane

Thanks again, Duane.

I think I'll wait for someone with more experience to ad the US speed signs.

Don't want to press my luck!

The whole x and y coordinates give me the most pause. If they are not right, things will be stacked on top of each other. Could create quite a mess.

Hey Dpdurst-

Thought I would let you know that I tried to bring this up an an emulator to take a look and got an error. The error is usually caused be removing the original compass and not moving it off screen.

When I bring up a mod in an emulator the only way to get to the map (since there is no hard map button) is to click the return home button, it will tell you that a home location has not been set and allow you to set it. When I do that I just click on the search on map button and take whatever comes up since emulators do not save settings. When I click on the icon to search on map I get a error related to the original compass being missing. You can try it on the AVIC if you are not using an emulator as it should give the same error.

Also, any reason why you have a ui_igo8 folder and a ui_pioneer folder? Is it scheme related?

Mods look good! Nice and clean. :)

Alex

Hey Dpdurst-

Thought I would let you know that I tried to bring this up an an emulator to take a look and got an error. The error is usually caused be removing the original compass and not moving it off screen.

When I bring up a mod in an emulator the only way to get to the map (since there is no hard map button) is to click the return home button, it will tell you that a home location has not been set and allow you to set it. When I do that I just click on the search on map button and take whatever comes up since emulators do not save settings. When I click on the icon to search on map I get a error related to the original compass being missing. You can try it on the AVIC if you are not using an emulator as it should give the same error.

Also, any reason why you have a ui_igo8 folder and a ui_pioneer folder? Is it scheme related?

Mods look good! Nice and clean. :)

Alex

Yea I don't use emulator so not sure about the error, I figure if it works on the real thing then there should be no problem. I actually have the ui_igo8\common folder only since the schemes I have use only the stuff in that folder so that was easier than to go through every scheme and change the stuff to look in the pioneer folder.

I don't get any error in the Avic about compass at all, I'll do some checking when I get a chance on sunday.

Thanks, David

What is the map version compatible to this soft?? I mean, i want to download a brazil`s map, which version should i dowload? and if i just put the .flb file and the .3dl, .poi inside the folders they meant to be in the /apl2/igo/content, will it work??

They will if you have installed the cracked ezrider and also the generic license.

What is the map version compatible to this soft?? I mean, i want to download a brazil`s map, which version should i dowload? and if i just put the .flb file and the .3dl, .poi inside the folders they meant to be in the /apl2/igo/content, will it work??

I'm running a mixture of the 2009.1 and 2009.6 maps, building and I think the 2008.10 poi files still. Yes you will need to put the files in the folders they are supposed to go in for them to work correctly, will also need the hacked ezrider.exe