AVIC411.com

dpdurst 3.0 mod v1.5 Final - updated 10/20/09

Is there anything in this mod that could potentially break bluetooth ?

I did this mod this morning and afterwards found that my bluetooth pairing with my iPhone wasn't working. I decided to delete that pairing and try to re-pair the AVIC and iPhone. Spent 5mins+ on 'search' mode on the AVIC and it failed to find the iPhone again.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this mod this morning and afterwards found that my bluetooth pairing with my iPhone wasn't working. I decided to delete that pairing and try to re-pair the AVIC and iPhone. Spent 5mins+ on 'search' mode on the AVIC and it failed to find the iPhone again.

Its not the mod, mine works perfectly and so does others. The mod does nothing to the bluetooth stack or anything else bluetooth related. In fact the only thing it does is modify the default 3.0 software for NAV and nothing else.

Fixed the street number issue once and for all, they work perfect now. Also added the Mute button. New version uploaded (1.2)

I reloaded the data.zip from above and also schemes. Buildings look great!

I've poked all over on every icon I can see and no mute button??

Where did you put it? I just don't see it? I figured you used an existing icon (like you used the compass for the delete route button) as a means to keep the screen clean...but if you did, you hid it very well? lol

One more thing while I'm being incredibly greedy.

Would you consider putting in a US style current speed sign (maybe above the gps icon)? And also displaying a US style current speed and speed limit sign while a route is active (like Diaftis's mod)?

I tend to rely on the AVIC's speed indicator as it is more accurate than the car's.

Just a thought...

Thanks again for all your great work! :)

Mute only works in navigation mode, the same as it did in 2.0 - I'll look into maybe changing that but it will have to wait until I get back from vacation.

I'll think about the speed stuff, I prefer to not like to do everything like all the other mods, if I do what is the point?

I moved the GPS signal icon to the left side of the screen to make room for possible future mods.

Unfortunately I won't be able to post them before I leave, I have much more schemes for the unit, rain, different sky textures, storm clouds, pollution, fog etc along with some new night sky themes. I'll be working to compete those when I get back and then will post them. 8)

Its not the mod, mine works perfectly and so does others. The mod does nothing to the bluetooth stack or anything else bluetooth related. In fact the only thing it does is modify the default 3.0 software for NAV and nothing else.

OK Cool , thanks for the confirmation.

I checked the sys.txt file against the original as my AVIC is an EW F910 and so there are a couple of differences but, as you said , nothing that could affect bluetooth. 'Fault' started after adding your mod (which I love btw :)) but it must be a coincidence.

OK Cool , thanks for the confirmation.

I checked the sys.txt file against the original as my AVIC is an EW F910 and so there are a couple of differences but, as you said , nothing that could affect bluetooth. 'Fault' started after adding your mod (which I love btw :)) but it must be a coincidence.

Have you tried to remove the mod, does it still happen then. If it is the mod removing it and going back to default would/should resolve the issue if that is really it.

Fixed the street number issue once and for all, they work perfect now. Also added the Mute button. New version uploaded (1.2)

I reloaded the data.zip from above and also schemes. Buildings look great!

I've poked all over on every icon I can see and no mute button??

Where did you put it? I just don't see it? I figured you used an existing icon (like you used the compass for the delete route button) as a means to keep the screen clean...but if you did, you hid it very well? lol

One more thing while I'm being incredibly greedy.

Would you consider putting in a US style current speed sign (maybe above the gps icon)? And also displaying a US style current speed and speed limit sign while a route is active (like Diaftis's mod)?

I tend to rely on the AVIC's speed indicator as it is more accurate than the car's.

Just a thought...

Thanks again for all your great work! :)

Mute only works in navigation mode, the same as it did in 2.0 - I'll look into maybe changing that but it will have to wait until I get back from vacation.

I'll think about the speed stuff, I prefer to not like to do everything like all the other mods, if I do what is the point?

I moved the GPS signal icon to the left side of the screen to make room for possible future mods.

I did have navigation active and still no mute button. (Isn't it a red circle?)

I'll keep messing with it.

As far as your mod being unique...it is the best one in my opinion, I just happen to like the US speed signs. Just a matter of preference I guess. But then, it is your mod and your preference not to include them...I respect that.

Have a great vacation in Hawaaii....you dog!

I'll watch for more schemes. I think they are what make the unit the most interesting.

As far as your mod being unique...it is the best one in my opinion, I just happen to like the US speed signs. Just a matter of preference I guess. But then, it is your mod and your preference not to include them...I respect that.

I'll watch for more schemes. I think they are what make the unit the most interesting.

I just checked my car, if you download the latest data.zip from last night (1.2) 8:55pm it has the mute button on it that shows up during navigate mode. I made that change and moved the GPS signal icon to the left above the house number so I can do some other mods later on and use that space. The red icon is for flyover and its the stop button.

I just checked my car, if you download the latest data.zip from last night (1.2) 8:55pm it has the mute button on it that shows up during navigate mode. I made that change and moved the GPS signal icon to the left above the house number so I can do some other mods later on and use that space. The red icon is for flyover and its the stop button.

If you mean the data.zip on line #2 from page 1 which is marked 9/17/09 8:55pm (it doesn't say anything about (1.2)...then, yes, it is what i have downloaded 3 times now, but to no avail.

Buildings did get changed to opaque, but the gps signal is still on the right and no mute button...this is getting very mysterious.

Hate to be such a pest, but I just don't know what I could be doing wrong?

Edit: Is there an outside chance that the posted data.zip is not the one you think it is or the one that you are using on your unit? Just a thought.

Anyone else experiencing this...

In fact the only thing it does is modify the default 3.0 software for NAV and nothing else.

Hey David,

Thanks for posting your mod; it is much appreciated. I had just starting trying to port your 2.0 mod to 3.01, but may not need to do that now that you have posted your mod.

What I had been doing was just adding your mods for the following to the standard 3.01 build. Basically, simply adding your code from your 2.0 data6.zip build into the 3.01 "navigatemap_800_480.ui".

* Nav mute during navigation

* Linear compass with delete route function

* Shortcut keys when no route is present (along top)

* GPS status (bottom right)

* Current speed and altitude when no route is present (beside shortcut keys)

* Current speed and altitude during navigation (4 boxes at bottom left as in the 2.0 version)

* euro speed limit/speedcam warning during nav and when no route is present

* house number display (the 2.0 version with the little house in the middle)

I was not trying to chnage anything else from the standard pioneer 3.01 build.

However, being a neophyte at this I have a couple of questions:

1. Are the only files that I need to modify to carry across the above mods, the "navigatemap_800_480.ui" and "speedcam_800_480.ui"? Obviously, plus the relevant bmp files.

2. Do I need to modify/replace the sys.txt to get the above to work?

Or is it much more complicated than this?

Cheers,

Duane

In fact the only thing it does is modify the default 3.0 software for NAV and nothing else.

Hey David,

Thanks for posting your mod; it is much appreciated. I had just starting trying to port your 2.0 mod to 3.01, but may not need to do that now that you have posted your mod.

What I had been doing was just adding your mods for the following to the standard 3.01 build. Basically, simply adding your code from your 2.0 data6.zip build into the 3.01 "navigatemap_800_480.ui".

* Nav mute during navigation

* Linear compass with delete route function

* Shortcut keys when no route is present (along top)

* GPS status (bottom right)

* Current speed and altitude when no route is present (beside shortcut keys)

* Current speed and altitude during navigation (4 boxes at bottom left as in the 2.0 version)

* euro speed limit/speedcam warning during nav and when no route is present

* house number display (the 2.0 version with the little house in the middle)

I was not trying to chnage anything else from the standard pioneer 3.01 build.

However, being a neophyte at this I have a couple of questions:

1. Are the only files that I need to modify to carry across the above mods, the "navigatemap_800_480.ui" and "speedcam_800_480.ui"? Obviously, plus the relevant bmp files.

2. Do I need to modify/replace the sys.txt to get the above to work?

Or is it much more complicated than this?

Cheers,

Duane

Yea basically it was those 2 files, however you can' t just use the stuff from 2.0 since that stuff was 2.0 and some of the schema changed in 3.0 If you look at my 3.0 you will see a difference in how house numbers are called, the mute button, gps icon, shortcut key those pretty much stayed the same. The sys.txt just allows speedcam, buildings and turns off smartzoom and locks the amount screen tilt.

Yea basically it was those 2 files, however you can' t just use the stuff from 2.0 since that stuff was 2.0 and some of the schema changed in 3.0 If you look at my 3.0 you will see a difference in how house numbers are called, the mute button, gps icon, shortcut key those pretty much stayed the same. The sys.txt just allows speedcam, buildings and turns off smartzoom and locks the amount screen tilt.

Hey David,

Thanks for your quick response.

I saw that the house number display code was different. I tried to use the 2.0 one because it used the "housenumber_right.bmp" (and left), which is centered and has the little house in the middle. I presume I can use the new code/schema from your 3.0 file but use "housenumber_right.bmp" instead of "blackstripe_hnum.bmp" to get the same visual as the 2.0 code. I would also need to change the x, y, and z values to get it to load in the middle.

I also saw that in the 2.0 data6.zip, you used code "start hidden; end hidden" whereas in the 3.0 code you used code to move those elements off the screen. Does it matter which way you do this?

Finally, in the 3.0 code, you have the speed and altitude when not navigating and the time to destination and total distance left during navigation of route. Is it possible to have 4 boxes during navigation like it was in the 2.0 data6.zip, which has all four of these?

One other question, back in July I was using your 2.0 data6.zip and was up in Yosemite. When the altitude got above 5,280 feet the altitude was shown as 1 mile and x feet. This seemed strange to me. Is it a bug?

Cheers,

Duane

Hey David,

Thanks for your quick response.

I saw that the house number display code was different. I tried to use the 2.0 one because it used the "housenumber_right.bmp" (and left), which is centered and has the little house in the middle. I presume I can use the new code/schema from your 3.0 file but use "housenumber_right.bmp" instead of "blackstripe_hnum.bmp" to get the same visual as the 2.0 code. I would also need to change the x, y, and z values to get it to load in the middle.

I also saw that in the 2.0 data6.zip, you used code "start hidden; end hidden" whereas in the 3.0 code you used code to move those elements off the screen. Does it matter which way you do this?

Finally, in the 3.0 code, you have the speed and altitude when not navigating and the time to destination and total distance left during navigation of route. Is it possible to have 4 boxes during navigation like it was in the 2.0 data6.zip, which has all four of these?

One other question, back in July I was using your 2.0 data6.zip and was up in Yosemite. When the altitude got above 5,280 feet the altitude was shown as 1 mile and x feet. This seemed strange to me. Is it a bug?

Cheers,

Duane

Lucky you, you get my last post before vaction!

1. Yep you would have to change the x, y, z values to move house numbers, yes you can use my code and then use the other bitmaps.

2. Yep that area that is off screen is because removing it caused issues with start up, so I just moved it since I'm using it and then change the values on the lower left as you see them.

3. Yep normal for above 5500 feet.

have fun modding, I'm off to Hawaii.