AVIC411.com

Destination on the ... Left? Right?

Z1 says ... "You're destination is ahead." (I think was the wording).

How can I know if my destination is on the left or the right?

Once I find a place (POI or whatnot), I dont know the address (and i have no idea how to find it out again unless i search for it again!) so when I am "there", I dont know if its on the left or right side of the street. I find myself searching all over both sides. I need to remember the address then try to find Odd/Even and see which side, but -- shouldnt the Z1 tell me.

It will if the nav software is that detailed. I've seen plenty of instances where the avic be it an n,d or the z doesn't know which side of the road the destination is on.

Well my Z1 is new. August manufacture.

It MAY say on the left/right sometimes...?

But I know sometimes it says "You're destination is ahead."

Oh well.

I get the same behavior. Sometimes it knows other times it does not. The information is based on the navigation data, not the manufacture date of the Z1. Take a look in your owner's manual it says that the data is from 2004. You would think that it would still know which side of the street is even and which is odd regardless of the year of the data.

Yeah, I also get... "Your destination is ahead on the left" when in fact it is on the right. My Z1 thinks my house is on the left side of the street but it is not. I think it has to do with how your address is numbered and if you even use an address to find your destination.

I think addresses get a left/right otherwise not..? Sound reasonable? I'll try it tomorrow and see if there is any logic to it!

Guys....it depends on whether or not the address is located on a digitized map. I have to admit...I'm not positive what that means. But I know if the map is digitized, it tells me what side of the road. If not, it doesn't....simply because it doesn't know. I believe it has to do with addresses, etc actually being input into the database. Possibly an email to the map supplier could lend a better explanation. But I know for a fact that if you aren't in a digitized neighborhood, it can't tell what side of the road you're on. And it can't give an exact location...only a summary.