AVIC411.com

For those with trip computers not working

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is totally nuts mine sometimes doesn't even work when i add a new data file in and sometimes it does. it is so random that i cant even find a way to try to trick it to work over and over. i wish there was something because that is one of the best of the mods.

yesterday I used remote start and when I got in it was working. I will try this a few more times to see if I have something. It's possible that the way I start my truck has something to do with this. If the f90bt starts to boot when I turn the key to the 'on' position, then I start it, perhaps there's a flash read issue? Idunno you'd think that there would be other issues than just the TC not working if that was the case.

My remote start has no bearing on my situation whatsoever. It is still hit and miss.

:lol:

What if this comes down to a logging issue? It seems like those that don't have trip computers are also having a problem getting the track logs to stick. Is this a correct assumption? I think the track logs are not used that much and maybe the correlation has not been made? Does the trip computer write trip data to a log file? What if there is no room to write the log so it doesn't write at all and everything is 0?

Nope...I figured this was another one of the "quirks" this system has.

Whadda expect for a five-hundred dollar nav system?

I got what I paid for and I didn't expect it to be that great from the get-go so I was not surprised.

But, with mods like yours and the rest here, it makes a "bargain basement" system more worth keeping.

Thanx again for all of your efforts!

Bud

Nope...I figured this was another one of the "quirks" this system has.

I got what I paid for and I didn't expect it to be that great from the get-go so I was not surprised.

But, with mods like yours and the rest here, it makes a "bargain basement" system more worth keeping.

Thanx again for all of your efforts!

Bud

No problem! I had the same idea and took matters into my own hands. ;)

I have a feeling that these two issues are related. Now its just a matter of finding the cause.

500 dollar? i have paid 1399,- euro witch is the retail price in the netherlands for the avic-f9110BT. :evil:

But back on topic. The tripcomputer is working most of the time if i wait till the system is complete up and running and when there is a fix before i drive before i enter the trip computer screen.

and when there is a fix before i drive before i enter the trip computer screen.

Can you elaborate on that part please ?

Sorry, bad explanation on the other posting.

In other words: If i wait two minutes before driving and entering the map screen, the trip computer works. If i start the car and leave immediately, the trip computer won't work.

and when there is a fix before i drive before i enter the trip computer screen.

Can you elaborate on that part please ?

Sorry, bad explanation on the other posting.

In other words: If i wait two minutes before driving and entering the map screen, the trip computer works. If i start the car and leave immediately, the trip computer won't work.

Not me. I can wait six hours before I get underway and it is still hit and miss. :roll:

Oh yea, $506.00 with the $300.00 coupon from Pioneer and another discount from the retailer. That was the price. I wouldn't have given retail for this unit. No way, no how. Like I said. I got what I paid for but it is a f**k of a lot better that when I first got it thanx to all of the hard work from certain individuals here on this great site!

500 dollar? i have paid 1399,- euro witch is the retail price in the netherlands for the avic-f9110BT. :evil:

Guess you boys in the Netherlands are gettin' greased :wink: