AVIC411.com

For those with trip computers not working

Sorry, bad explanation on the other posting.

In other words: If i wait two minutes before driving and entering the map screen, the trip computer works. If i start the car and leave immediately, the trip computer won't work.

i tested that out and it seems to work most of the time when you wait til the navi is completely booted up and the map screen is done. And 1300 is a lot for this thing, i got it for a really cheap price of 450 from amazon a while ago. Anyway I hope someone comes up with a code to fix that. the trip computer is still the best mod around.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I have a few questions so that I can try to work on this...

Where is the tripcomputer (.dll?) located or the files involved in running it? I've searched the x910bt files and haven't found anything that clearly says 'tripcomputer' or any derivative.

Has anyone with the x910bt files had a problem with it running? I helped a friend with the upgrade and he reports that there has not been any problems with running it so far.

Has anyone with the Pioneer 3.02 update have the tripcomputer working? if so, is it all of the time or partial or none?

If your TC works all of the time, how long ago did you buy your radio? I bought mine last November or so...

I can't duplicate any condition that will make the TC start 100% of the time no matter how tedious or gas consuming. Anyone else?

I can live without the TC but I'd rather have all of the toys working. Thanks for any info.

I know that IDT has stated that his TC works all of the time, I'm just trying to duplicate this.

I have figured out that the track/log recording feature does not work when the trip computer is not working. I deleted all of my save files and made sure the tripcomp was working. When it did I started the recording of a log and it stuck. I can go back and play it back. If the tripcomp is not working the currently recorded log gets deleted immediately when recording is stopped.

I have figured out that the track/log recording feature does not work when the trip computer is not working. I deleted all of my save files and made sure the tripcomp was working. When it did I started the recording of a log and it stuck. I can go back and play it back. If the tripcomp is not working the currently recorded log gets deleted immediately when recording is stopped.

So, the 64-thousand-dollar question yet remains.....how do we fix it??? :?:

I need to know a couple of things if you guys have time. Do you have any files in your User/userdata/igo/logdata /gpslog folder or your user/userdata/igo/save/tracks folder. Mine are empty and I'm wondering if you need a file as a place holder for this. The friend that I helped with the 3.0 has yet to have his trip computer fail. I backed up all of my files and I'm trying to find a difference. There are a few files that are different but since I don't know what calls the tripcomputer I'm at a loss.

For me TC works when I fire up the Unit and wait until it is completely booted and BT is connected before I hit the OK button and start moving. There are 2 things I would try if I had the capability:

1) Delay loading of the TC for 2 Mins/ create a button to load it manually once everything is up and running.

2) Look into the VSS wire. It seem that the unit computes the speed wire input before it has a stable sattelite fix, which leads to the TC not working.

Jörg

I will check of my tracks folder is empty. It should not be as I was able to record one track when the trip computer worked once after deleting all of the save files.

I think mine are all empty because I deleted my save files a while back. One thing I noticed was that there is a dirctory that seems out of place. There is a \My Flash Disk\USER\UserData\iGo\save\Storage Card\Logs directory. Not sure why there would be a Storage Card\Logs directory in my save directory. The only parameter I have in my sys.txt with that path is this:

tracklog_folder="\Storage Card\Logs"

And I tried it with both the \ and without in the beginning. On top of that when I do have a storage card in the Logs directory does not get created.

So my trip computer has never worked. Ever. It's been all zeroes for months.

Til yesterday. Yesterday, I turned on the track feature for my ride into the office based on this thread, just to see what would happen. I did this around 7:45am. I saved the track and turned off the feature right before I got to work, then forgot about it.

This morning, I checked the trip computer again - and it had data! The start time was 7:45am, yesterday, and showed a trip of 17 miles, which was my total distance to work. That total didn't include any of my other driving for the day yesterday, which was probably another 30-40 miles. I tried again this morning to start another track to see if I could get a repeat performance, and while the tracking seemed to be working the Trip never updated. I reset #2, and it's all still at zeroes.

Hope this helps someone, I'll keep playing to see if I can find a pattern, but I don't have my hopes up.