AVIC411.com

Combining schemes from DPDurst with IDT's mod

I was trying to mix mods, and I've been using the IDT mod for now. I wanted to get some new schemes, because I really like the sky-type 3d views. So I took the GFX folder from the DPDurst mod, copied the entire folder to APL2\igo and extracted the schemes from DPDurst and copied to APL2\igo\content\scheme.

Everything was fine til I picked the first new scheme (can't remember which one), then I got this error:

Unable to find ui_igo8/common/trackinglist.spr. Now I get this same error everytime I boot. I saw one other reference to this error doing a search, but no resolution.

So I put everything back - removed the GFX folder, removed all the new scheme files, and I'm back in business, but have none of the new schemes that I was hoping to see.

I presume I'm doing it wrong, can anyone give me any pointers?

Thanks!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just copy the file from IDT's 800_480 folder to DPDurst's.

I think you got it backwards, he is asking how to move DPDursts sheme's into IDT's mod, not the other way around. I would like to know this as well as he has some of the best schemes out there.

I think you got it backwards, he is asking how to move DPDursts sheme's into IDT's mod, not the other way around. I would like to know this as well as he has some of the best schemes out there.

From my new 3.0 1.2 file you should be able to move the ui_igo8\common folder (the whole thing not just the common folder) from my data.zip to IDT data.zip (should add about 1 meg bigger size) and then you should be able to use any scheme you want from IGO 8.3 software. I seem to notice on my unit that unless I remove the - and spaces from the name of the scheme they seem to hang the unit while loading, so I have renamed all the schemes I have without those. I have about 20 more I'll be uploading as well.

From my new 3.0 1.2 file you should be able to move the ui_igo8\common folder (the whole thing not just the common folder) from my data.zip to IDT data.zip (should add about 1 meg bigger size) and then you should be able to use any scheme you want from IGO 8.3 software. I seem to notice on my unit that unless I remove the - and spaces from the name of the scheme they seem to hang the unit while loading, so I have renamed all the schemes I have without those. I have about 20 more I'll be uploading as well.

Nope, it does not work, the system just wont boot up :(. Oh well, I just reverted back to your 3.0 scheme and all is well. I just like the trip computer, speed limit signs and a few features that IDT has, the layout is very good,but I am not to fussy on his schemes and that is what basically makes it visually appealing. i am looking forward to your new schemes. Right now I am using the summer dark theme and the layout and colours are excellent!

I did this with Diaftia's data.zip and it works perfectly. Thanks dp.

William

Nope, it does not work, the system just wont boot up :(. Oh well, I just reverted back to your 3.0 scheme and all is well. I just like the trip computer, speed limit signs and a few features that IDT has, the layout is very good,but I am not to fussy on his schemes and that is what basically makes it visually appealing. i am looking forward to your new schemes. Right now I am using the summer dark theme and the layout and colours are excellent!

Are you using 7 zip to unzip and zip? if not then it will not work. There is nothing special other than that folder has the several files needed for the schemes to work, it should work fine..

Are you using 7 zip to unzip and zip? if not then it will not work. There is nothing special other than that folder has the several files needed for the schemes to work, it should work fine..

I am using 7zip to unzip and zip, but into .zip format, not 7z. Is this right?

Yep that is correct, and the ui_igo8 folder is not inside the ui_pioneer folder right?

Yep that is correct, and the ui_igo8 folder is not inside the ui_pioneer folder right?

No, it is in the DATA.zip though along with it

I got this working....sort of. I don't get any errors or reboots, anyway. I copied the ui_igo8\Common folder from DPDurst and added it to IDT's data.zip then replaced mine and cleared all my save files. I then repeated my initial steps and copied DPDurst's GFX folder to APL2\igo and extracted the schemes from DPDurst and copied to APL2\igo\content\scheme.

No more errors, and MOST of the schemes work. For example, the Autumn Day Bright is fine, I see the autumn trees and the sky. The NightStars 1 is fine, shows the stars.

But some of the others are using the wrong SKY. I can't find a single one, for example, that uses the moon in the background. While the images on the ground change, the background is just a solid color. All of the Xerses and GJ2 schemes have just solid colors for the sky, and nothing that says "moon" actually has one. Even the "real view night" has a white solid background, and if memory serves it used to have clouds. This is my view of the xerses - new moon night -v6, for example.

nav4.jpg

Thoughts?

Hmm pretty strange, I see clouds, moon stars and sun and all the other stuff. I can't see IDT data.zip doing anything different since the schemes I have are actually only looking at the common folder in the ui_igo8 for about 7 files.

I tested all the schemes with my setup and I get the exact sky I'm supposed to, Maybe I'll add them to the 4.3 IDT file and test it out..